It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPs warn over nuclear space bombs and solar flares

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

MPs warn over nuclear space bombs and solar flares

www.bbc.co.uk

The government must take more seriously the threat of a nuclear weapon being exploded in space by a rogue state, MPs have warned.

The Defence Select Committee said the resulting radiation pulse could disrupt power and water supplies, UK defence and satellite navigation systems.

Its chairman, Tory MP James Arbuthnot, said an attack was "quite likely".

The committee is urging ministers to invest in more "hardened" technology to cope with such an event.

It looked at the threat to the UK's technological infrastructure from "electro-magnetic pulse" (EMP) events in space, which co
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I read this article this morning and I just thought that it was interesting that even people in Government in the UK are now talking about the possibilty of Nukes in orbit and the effects of solar flares on our everyday lives...

I know that some believe that the Earth will be seriously affected by a flare perhaps one day BUT is this public comment by the UK Government REALLY a message to those in the know ??

It also follows on from a recent thread about the number of Top bankers leaving their jobs and even the Aussie PM today.... is 2012 really the time for us ??

Regards

PDUK

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Rogue states with nuclear space bombs. Which rogue states are these and how come they have the ability to launch nuclear space bombs. Maybe it's Iran. Lets bomb Iran, bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Rogue states with nuclear space bombs. Which rogue states are these and how come they have the ability to launch nuclear space bombs. Maybe it's Iran. Lets bomb Iran, bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran.

I listened to Radio 5 live phone in yesterday. They were 'debating' ? about Iran and it's Nuclear ambitions...... Some advocate came on saying they should be deprived of any ability to build a bomb but that it was acceptable for Isreal to keep theirs because that is what has kept the peace for the past 25 years +......

It's a real double standard because with the same logic of self defence then the Iranians SHOULD be allowed to develop their own nuclear capability to act as a detterent to others whom want to invade them.......

I may come a cross as being a liberal (i'm certainly NOT that) but I do think that this issue with Iran is quite simply the Wests complete attitude of denial and Ignoring communication with Iran and it's different society and views....

WWJnr - i think your tongue in cheek ... Bomb bomb bomb Iran will happen only if to serve those whom do not want to communicate at any level..

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of this

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
If the article I just read is correct it wasn't the Aussie PM it the foreign minister, Kevin Rudd, who is the former PM.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Rouge states or terrorists havent managed to set off a nuke in a major city yet so the prospect of them getting one into space is laughable. Even Iran could not pull that off, so unless they are talking about Russia ala COD MW2 then this is either rubbish or about the solar maximum

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Iran is causing fear throughout the world. Its time they get wiped off .

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
goodie goodie,maybe anonymous should hack those bombs and drop on the Queen's palace.It will be good riddance from the royal reptile monarchy and the Rothschild minions.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Buy a cheap ICBM off the Russians and there you go, NK or other "rogue" states would stand a better chance of launching an undetected strike in space than direct to cities, any launch directly at the US or the UK would likely be shot down shortly after launch.

Plus, as stated in the article, a single nuclear weapon detonated over a country would cause significantly more damage from the resulting EMP than a direct strike. Those countries don't have enough warheads/missiles to cause any major widespread damage from direct strikes.

reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Do you have any proof that the Royal Family are "lizard people"? I didn't think so, learn to respect other peoples traditions and values please, it will gain you far more respect in return.
edit on 22/2/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
Iran is causing fear throughout the world. Its time they get wiped off .

Yes any nation that causes fear should be wiped off the map. It's our duty as the world police's lap dog to ensure all nations that cause fear are eliminated. Who shall we wipe off after Iran?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

The government must take more seriously the threat of a nuclear weapon being exploded in space by a rogue state, MPs have warned.

They ARE taking thing seriously though. Those comments the OP has in his first post are pointing out the obvious. The project has been ongoing. The ERDC US Army engineer research and development group is working with CERL to fix the problem of "Electromagnetic Shielding for Fixed Facilities." Addressing low-cost shielding, testing, maintenance, and distributed shielding.

edit: I didn't realize you were speaking about the UK until I went and reread the article.
edit on 22-2-2012 by SoulVisions because: see above

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

It also follows on from a recent thread about the number of Top bankers leaving their jobs and even the Aussie PM today.... is 2012 really the time for us ??

www.bbc.co.uk

the aussie foreign minister resignation is making me think of this;

WIKILEAKS aims to release documents revealing that Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt is a US spy

www.theaustralian.com.au...

how many US spies are in place in governmental roles around the planet?

this place is getting a little nuts.
edit on 22-2-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
it does feel like 'they' might be prepping us all for something big...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
A "non rogue" state (
) might create a false flag EMP event and change the paradigm of this civilization easily blaming it on Tasmanians or some such unlucky bastards. Who would be able to contradict this?

People are too stupid/scared to oppose authorities since it has become against the law to criticize the system.
This looks like preparation for such unfolding.

edit on 22-2-2012 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
A rocket is not needed for a high altitude nuke, just a high flying jet, plenty of those around, plenty of nuts willing to fly it as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The funny thing about this thread is that if you have a nuke going off over your head, then you've got a lot bigger problems than just your tv no longer working.

I'm curious what they really expected to accomplish with this kind of request. Did they think the government was going to pay to shield these places from EMP?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I read about this earlier and was going to thread about it but couldnt be bothered.....

I think it is possible to launch a satellite which could take out our grid but i doubt Iran have the Tech to do so... more likely Russia or China have it!!

It seems to be brewing up for some major wars this year... i also read a story that British Troops were about to go into Somalia.... not only that but a couple of Westerners were apparently shot dead in Syria which leads me to believe the army will be going there soon too....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
We will invade Iran, its just a matter of time. . . the seeds in the mass media and the press coverage that they show on tv regarding the ''rogue'' state are all seeds that they plan to nourish and harvest in a few years time,.... just follow the paper trail of money / blood / oil / rothchild owned banks,.... its all there

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Sorry but im still just really so scared of communists and anyone who has leftist leanings.

Dont think I can have time for anymore imaginery fears!

<<   2 >>

join