It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial law 2012 and what most of you never thought about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

People have been aggravating me with this topic. Martial law. Hell a god portion of you don’t even know how to spell it. How many times have I seen martial law spell marshal law. Jesus this made me so irate that I decided to don my rent a cop uniform I wore at job corps when I was certified in FEMA ICS and tell ya’ll how it is.

FEMA ICS means incident command systems

What is martial law? It is when the army brings order to a nation and act as police.

To many of you forget one large part of the whole martial law idea. The logistics. I don’t know how many troops that are in the us army but ill tell you now its not enough to declare a nationwide martial law. To many people not near enough soldiers. Plus most of them are off in the Middle East somewhere.

I am FEMA ICS certified so I will tell you hoe it will most likely go down. FEMA ICS is the system they developed to cope with bad situations. It is meant to be able to be tailored to anything and was made as a response to the disarter that is hurricane Katrina. By disaster I mean how poorly it was managed.

Reasons for martial law?

there are many but the two most likely are a domestic terrorist attack or a large amount of rioting. The rioting being the most likely cause in my opinion.

The response?

Fema ICS of course. So first will go the police and if they fail Mr soldier will be deployed. How will they react? It varies. Hurricane Katrina they went after firearms. Leaving the disarmed individuals defenseless against all who would loot and take the dignity of their women. In a riot situation it would more than likely begin by the forces trying to quell the riots first and then try to disarm the public for fear of the weapons be used in a revolt.

For a domestic terrorist attack the results vary greatly. If it is an assault on an area within 20 to 50 miles they would have checkpoints all around to isolate the area. High chance of gun grabs. At the checkpoints anyone with a firearm would be questioned greatly at the minimum is my educated best geuss

They will not be able to take the nation as a whole though means of martial law but only lockdown cities. The rioters/rebels may be sent to the so called FEMA camps we hear so much about on the net. A large portion of those were Japanese internment camps during world war 2. ICS also talks about how to cope with detention of the rioters and the rebels.

Foreign troops on American soil

Only if martial law is declared due to a domestic terrorist attack. Not a wise choice seeing as though the American people would look at them as invaders who have no right to tell them what to do. The only people who would support them are the paparazzi folk who get turned on by English accents

The gun grabs would cause someone to get shot. It didn’t happen in new Orleans but in these times with heightened awareness over the rights of Americans and propaganda over what the 2nd amendment is all about IT WILL HAPPEN!

Martial law would lead to the next American civil war. I think the fools in Washington realize this and would do their best not to use it. I Believe it would be a last ditch measure to keep control.

But like I said before. Its not going to be the Alex Jones everyone who would damage the system goes bye bye scenario. There is not enough logistical support for it.

Please tell me the holes in my ideas. So that we can further educate ourselves

And finally...Jesus wont be coming back and certainly will not be coming back in a damn space ship.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

wow for a person complaining about bad spelling, you spelled a lot of words wrong, just saying!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I agree, people have way to many misconceptions about martial law and what it is. People like Alex Jones make a living off of selling these bad ideas.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I agree with the logistics. We have less than 1% of the US population total as members of the military (or at least that is what I was told back in '06 as an Airman First Class).

Going back to read past that point

I agree, cities would go to lock down and transportation would have checkpoints on the major highways.

I still think that they would want to control the major areas and not worry so much about the mountain (wo)men.
edit on 21-2-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You forgot about the 5 zones and governors, the alien technology and the earthquake on the new madrid poked by haarp to split the country and make 2 little countries thus making marSHal law much more easier for the reptilian overlords.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JOBEone

wow for a person complaining about bad spelling, you spelled a lot of words wrong, just saying!
Microsoft word! You have failed me!

I was complaining about how people spell it marshal law not martial. but yeah i get your point

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil316
You forgot about the 5 zones and governors, the alien technology and the earthquake on the new madrid poked by haarp to split the country and make 2 little countries thus making marSHal law much more easier for the reptilian overlords.
I forgot all about Haarp. marShal law?

I hate the reptile people theories....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
the current conception of martial law would be to deter a further rebellion, assuming that's the instigation act to justify enacting martial law in the first place. since the government could be labelled rogue by 1/4 up to 1/2 of the nation, they need a way to maintain stability through aggression. it wouldn't be enacted in an offensive manner to round up the combatants, it's a defensive mechanism to give infinite control to the government to remove a rebellion in progress.
edit on 21-2-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
the current conception of martial law would be to deter a further rebellion, assuming that's the instigation act to justify enacting martial law in the first place. since the government could be labelled rogue by 1/4 up to 1/2 of the nation, they need a way to maintain stability through aggression. it wouldn't be enacted in an offensive manner to round up the combatants, it's a defensive mechanism to give infinite control to the government to remove a rebellion in progress.

Now what about Isolating the problem? On a national level it will not work. Not near enough manpower to do so.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The PTB WANT

civil war.

They WANT to bring our nation and culture down to ashes.

That makes it easier by far to set up their global tyrannical government . . .

just as the Bible predicted for this era . . .

Almost there, folks.

Thankfully, they lose at the literal Armageddon.

Between now and then . . . tons of blood flowing.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun

Originally posted by yourmaker

Now what about Isolating the problem? On a national level it will not work. Not near enough manpower to do so.

depends on the scale, and the methods being used by the opposing force.

the manpower would be directed towards surveilling rather then a mobilization.
containment would be as simple as observing rebel transcipts or an attempt in creating a response, to set a trap for the leaders. it would be about breaking the chain of command.

if there are several, seperate chains of command, in several areas, then yes, it would start to become problamatic for any containment force, nationally, there would undoubtably be pockets of rebel held areas, a ways from major highways/bases that wouldn't be attainable without some sort of force to be mobilized.

thats the beginning of a much greater conflict, beyond martial law, you're aware of that.

martial law would work for the first little bit, due to a shock and awe, but eventually there would be too many different groups established, on a couple fronts.

new topics

top topics

join