It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity Has Turned Into Narcissism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I love Jesus, I believe in Jesus, I want to be like Jesus.

Christians you depress me these days because you have an obsession with proclaiming that these are the last days. This is a FAD. I don't know if because the bible describes the times and just because some things are happening there are many stupid threatening assumptions. Even if you knew the end of the world was going to happen in your lifetime then why would you keep telling other people who are not going to believe you and don't want to think about death? Are you trying to depress them telling them they are going to die? I think you are telling them they are going to die because you want them to think of death, so you are acting just like the devil. You may want them to think of Jesus, but you are talking to them about Satan.God is life, God is love, and you should not be a Christians. You are individuals that have delusions of grandeur, narcissistic Christians who don't say anything about Jesus's message and are trying to 'wake' people up but you are doing it in a psychotic way.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Christians are not the only ones proclaiming the end of days. Why are you not depressed from the proclamations of these other groups?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I believe all these "end of days" Christians are using this as a conversion tactic... as if they'll win favor with God.

"Last chance, its almost here so you better believe what we do or you're going to hell!"

religion prays on fear my friend...

Like God keeps a score board of who got the most people to convert

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yes, the approach of "The world is ending, and if you don't give your heart to Jesus right now, you're going to HELL!" is probably the wrong approach.

No, the world is not ending. We are just making the transition from the Wheat-Harvest/Pentecost/Church-Age to the Barley-Harvest/Tabernacles/Millennial-Kingdom-Age. History (His Story) will go on.

Relegating people to Hell is the wrong approach, and I don't subscribe to the Hell Theory anyway. It is better to attract people with the blessings inherent in following God. I was deeply impressed as I began to find the idea of God attractive, by encountering a church group for whom their religion made a difference in their lives.

People need to stop listening to televangelists, and start reading their Bibles.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Again, in reference to end of days...Christians are not alone

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Yes, I'm sure a lot of people feel the change coming, especially New Agers, but most get it wrong. If you get feelings of change, you need to change. The old ways may not suffice.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I believe all these "end of days" Christians are using this as a conversion tactic... as if they'll win favor with God.

Wow that's offensive man. That's borderline witchcraft. We do good things because God loves us and He's a good God. We don't do things to try and "earn" anything from Him. He is love, we don't have to inspire Him to love us.

edit on 21-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Wow that's offensive man. That's borderline witchcraft. We do good things because God loves us and He's a good God. We don't do things to try and "earn" anything from Him. He is love, we don't have to inspire Him to love us.

Witchcraft?!?! what???

You find it a "good thing" to scare people into converting to your church?

If this is the case i strongly disagree... but to each their own i guess

IF you hold a gun to a mans head he will do whatever you ask... so whats the difference between that and threatening their soul with eternal torment?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The Bible clearly states that when Christ returns it will not be like His first time here. He came in love and was crucified. When He returns it will be for judgment. Are Christians at fault for simply repeating what He said and asking people to be ready?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Theres a vast difference between asking people to be ready for some upcomming event, and telling them they will burn in hell if they don't agree with a certian belief...

So i would say YES... those christians are to blame for spreading fear.

And by the way, i don't believe Jesus said anything like that... John did

Feel free to correct me if im wrong... And leave revelation out of the picture... That is not Jesus

edit on 21-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Is your claim that Jesus never spoke of His return or that it is not for judgment upon the earth? These are two very different assertions and I would like to present the correct argument.

If you are a student of biblical prophesy, I do not understand why you would ask to leave out Revelation. That is not the only place that speaks of the end times that is not from the mouth of Jesus. Ezekiel, Psalms, Zechariah, Isaiah are all not from the mouth of Jesus. If one believes that the scriptures were inspired by the Holy Spirit then we need to take it all into account. Don't you agree?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Akragon

Is your claim that Jesus never spoke of His return or that it is not for judgment upon the earth? These are two very different assertions and I would like to present the correct argument.

If you are a student of biblical prophesy, I do not understand why you would ask to leave out Revelation. That is not the only place that speaks of the end times that is not from the mouth of Jesus. Ezekiel, Psalms, Zechariah, Isaiah are all not from the mouth of Jesus. If one believes that the scriptures were inspired by the Holy Spirit then we need to take it all into account. Don't you agree?

Im not one for prophecy honestly... Nor do i believe the bible was "divinely inspired"...

Motivationally inspired perhaps... im sure there was an agenda behind the bible...

So as i've said, feel free to correct me... Im not in the mood to go digging through scripture at the moment.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I respect your stance. I am of the opposite camp. I believe in prophesy and divine inspiration. We differ in our beliefs. Trying to change either side is futile. Respect.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Christians are not the only ones proclaiming the end of days. Why are you not depressed from the proclamations of these other groups?

I am, I just don't hear them as much lol.

I wrote this thread to have ATS help me understand how to get something out of my mind. The conclusion had something to do with if there was no external experience the thought wouldn't be there to provide any emotions, physicality of any sense being an experience. To me I think that is like an equation that relates to the creativity of the soul, so even though depression is a an emotional thing I think it is a physical and psychological equally stemming from physicality first.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-2-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I do believe in God and I believe in sin. I believe God does have 'judgement.'

What I don't believe in is scaring people. They scare people because they see power in fear, and they are of the devil because they use fear, a totally negative thing, to try to 'shock' the belief into someone. We have to get to the truth that is behind all the talking - what makes a person psychologically tic. This percentage is high enough at least that you guys knew what I meant by the post, and I thank you for that.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by greyer

"Last chance, its almost here so you better believe what we do or you're going to hell!"

religion prays on fear my friend...

Since I belive somebody can wake up from any religon what religon would I convert them to if he/she/it keep a scoreboard?
As if I know what path they should take. I am still playing around with my own
. I hope there is a change comming but I think some people will be dissapointed and I have no clue what it does. Namaste

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Witchcraft?!?! what???

IF you hold a gun to a mans head he will do whatever you ask... so whats the difference between that and threatening their soul with eternal torment?

Yeep the Christian authority always hate witches(people) who know more about what god/all/universe is and won't keep their mouth shut to the corruption of the church. The Church shall have monopoly on what is right. Are people hoping for the inquisition again against mediums, healers or spiritual people who do not wanna join in the fold? Why are people so afraid of the devil while giving him every power over themselves. If religous people wanna crush the devil then start by crushing their own ego that is the devil manifested in them.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Witchcraft?!?! what???

Attempting to gain the favor of, or move the hand of God by rites, rituals, or chants is witchcraft. We don't do things to motivate God to be good to us, we do good things in thankfulness for having a good God who has given us everything already in His Son, Christ Jesus.

No, I didn't say I did. And we are looking forward to the "end times" because that means Jesus is soon to arrive. Women don't look forward to having a baby because they love the pain, it's because they want to hold their child,

I never said it's good to scare people. But if something is supposed to be scary (eternal separation from God) then we should never decide something's truthfulness by how it makes us feel emotionally.

No one goes to a doctor to be healed unless they first realize their need for one. People who think they are well have no desire to go to the doctor.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And leave revelation out of the picture... That is not Jesus.

That is a "letter" dictated directly to John from Jesus. And Jesus instructed it to go to the 7 churches mentioned in chapters 2-3.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Motivationally inspired perhaps... im sure there was an agenda behind the bible...

Yes, the agenda is to reveal Jesus Christ. The entire book is about Him. Everything pictures and foreshadows Him.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join