It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 weirdest Chinese drinks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
These are some of the strangest drinks i have ever seen!! I am sure most of it is just down to dodgy translation, but still, some of them are truely disgusting.

Made from the birds hardened saliva.

Crunchy watery chestnut juice, nuff said.

Dry ice bubble tea!! Imagine you swallow a piece of that dry ice!! omg.

Apparently it smells like most girls do, musky. lol

This sounds like a reverse martini!

Well, it is orthodox.

Similar to the worm in Tequila, but with baby mice! wtf

Asparagus juice! Wow, now this seems healthy

This guy been drinking petrol for 42 years! Rather expensive taste.

Well, the Jews ear. Actually made from a certain mushroom.

Here is a link to the full article, with some additional details. Full article.

There you have it, some truely bizarre drinks! I think many of those will never make it anywhere else in the world.

vvv

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Having spent about 3 months in China altogether, I can only provide input on 2 of the drinks on this list

Bird's nest drink is actually pretty nice, bird's nest is a delicacy in Asia. Usually the fancy stuff is in soups in nice restaurants, or you can buy the nests themselves....as opposed to a canned beverage at the grocery store lol
And that coconut palm juice is one of the tastiest drinks I've ever encountered

Although pickled mouse fetus and asparagus juice weren't things I encountered very often....

There's too much weird stuff to count in the realm of snacks and drinks in China. It's one of the most fun parts of being there. I'd almost rather go to the supermarket than visit a garden or park

Fun thread!

--Kit.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Man I was really hoping the Jew's ear was exactly what it sounded like haha Strange list.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
How are you supposed to get juice from a birds nest?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Chinese Boy Drinks Petrol to Become Transformer Robot

At the start the boy drank the fuel from cigarette lighters, which he would steal from his parents’ small shop. Later on he started emptying his father’s scooter. In the end he began stealing petrol from the automobiles parked in the streets. The neighbours noticed him doing that, and the case took air.

The boy’s father said that his son drank about three liters of petrol a day which badly affected the boy’s intellectual abilities. Previously he was a quick-witted boy, but for the five years that he was drinking fuel he turned stupid.

The article then goes on to say how a Russian Toxologist believes one glass of petrol could be a fatal dose for the liver. Three litre portions are likely to be a fantastic overstatement.

Chinese doctors are to help the boy get over his addiction, though his health is not likely to be recovered.
edit on 20/2/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Some of those Asian people over there have disgusting eating habbits. If it crawls on the ground with 6 or more legs or swims in the ocean they'll suck the eyeballs out of it.

I guess when you have to feed a billion poeple they'll learn to eat anything.
edit on 20-2-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

In China they eat Chicken fetus in the same way we eat an egg. Maybe we are just too fussy in the West

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Oh ja, totally agree mate.

I think in the west, we are just very picky about what we eat, or drink. I am up for trying everything at least once. I mean how else will you know, if you like it or not?

vvv

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Really?

Just because it doesn't conform to your tastes how is it disgusting? Do you know the preservatives / food coloring / other crap that probably goes into the stuff that you eat? Now that is disgusting...

Maybe you should travel a bit and try other countries cuisine and try opening your mind a little?

I will try anything once, and most things more than once. I can safely say that most of the best things I have eaten come from eastern asia and Thai / Malaysian / Chinese cuisines are probably the most flavoursome and healthy ones going..

new topics

top topics

join