It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who noticed this in the final Simpsons episode??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I didn't see any other posts here on ATS when I searched for it so I figured I'd throw it up and see what everyone thinks.

I'm not saying the Simpsons are in on some huge conspiracy, but I'm seeing more shows lately that have this same kind of message somewhere in them. Maybe it's just the networks capitalizing on the whole 2012 thing. Who knows?

What do you guys think?
edit on 2/20/2012 by ArrowsNV because: People need to read posts more instead of just scanning them real quick and replying

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Honestly I think you might be reading into this to much, the writers have always taken jabs at society, I can't recall specifics but there have bee many occasions of something like this. I'm sure you can Google it.
Next, why Is the Simpsons still on? The episodes are awful and have no actual watching value. I saw tonight's episode and it just plain old sucked.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Creator of the Simpsons Matt Groening is a self admitted former anarchist. They make lots of jokes about secret societies, free masons, secret messages in the military, political messages, I think he and some of his writers are just very into conspiracy theories as well (as lots of people are). I think it's just fun and interesting. Nothing underlying or ulterior or secret. It's there for all to see, always has been.

It's worth noting that the info in the second video's info box is incorrect. It states the episode (which shows terrorists and missiles blowing up a skyscraper) was "made" two months after 9/11, but in fact it was aired in Feb 2011.
edit on 20-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Some years ago the Simpsons were voted by viewers as something like "Greatest TV Show EVER!!" That was two seasons after I had quit watching entirely (except on extremely rare occasions) because it had become such unrelenting crap. The first few seasons were great; but in my opinion it quit being enjoyable at about Season 5.

The conspiracy-theory and social-commentary stuff are a separate issue. But I don't think it's particularly daring stuff. In any event I'm not going to miss it now that it's gone....
edit on 2/20/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Creator of the Simpsons Matt Groening is a self admitted former anarchist. They make lots of jokes about secret societies, free masons, secret messages in the military, political messages, I think he and some of his writers are just very into conspiracy theories as well (as lots of people are). I think it's just fun and interesting. Nothing underlying or ulterior or secret. It's there for all to see, always has been.

I've seen most of the things they slip into the show and think it's pretty funny.

The main reason I posted this though was because I was surprised someone else hadn't already posted it and figured I'd share with those who haven't seen it yet.

And feeboki I was never reading into it as OMG SIMPSONS CONSPIRACY SAYS WE GONNA DIE, I simply remarked that a lot of shows are airing things like this and that it's probably just the networks capitalizing on the whole 2012 craze. Not to mention it was the LAST EPISODE. So you don't have to worry about it taking up your precious TV time anymore. Although if you hated tonight's episode so much you could've just changed the channel you know...
edit on 2/20/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Yep.. I would give it until around season 7 or 8, but after that it just wasn't the same. Now it's really gone down hill. It started to when they tried to compete with family guy, and then continued when the focus shifted from Bart to Homer and now each episode has Homer doing something ridiculous and never going to work and it happens so often that they address it in an annoying nonchalant way and brush it off. You might be able to pull together one good season of episodes out of the last ten seasons.

Sad. It was one of my favorite shows.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Are you sure it was the final final episode? I kinda doubt it. There were rumors it might be because of disagreements about the actors contracts, but I am sure they will settle that. There is too much money to be made still.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

Yep.. I would give it until around season 7 or 8, but after that it just wasn't the same. Now it's really gone down hill. It started to when they tried to compete with family guy, and then continued when the focus shifted from Bart to Homer and now each episode has Homer doing something ridiculous and never going to work and it happens so often that they address it in an annoying nonchalant way and brush it off. You might be able to pull together one good season of episodes out of the last ten seasons.

Sad. It was one of my favorite shows.
You can see the same-ish thing happening with South Park when Family Guy came on. The show just changed to compete.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Are you sure it was the final final episode? I kinda doubt it. There were rumors it might be because of disagreements about the actors contracts, but I am sure they will settle that. There is too much money to be made still.
Positive, the last frame of the episode says

Thanks for 500 Episodes

All we ask is that you go out
and get some fresh air
before logging on the internet
and saying how much this sucked.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Yeah.. but that was just a remark because it was the 500th episode.
I just looked and they are set to continue on to the 25th season. So two more seasons are certain before they have to work on more contract deals. They asked the actors to take a 45 percent pay cut so they could continue because as long as the show is making new episodes an old contract prohibits it from going into syndication. They project that a syndication deal would be worth 750 million. In the end the actors agreed on a 30 percent pay cut (still making like 300,000 PER EPISODE) which is allowing the show to go on for at least 2 more seasons. Then they will work it out again I am sure.

So nope. It is still going.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
They're contracted for another 2 series, 59 more episodes to come. It isn't the final episode.

The show is contracted to run for another two seasons, which will bring it to 559 episodes.

BBC news

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

ArriwsNV,
I see why you think what you do..but I really honeslty just think this is Bart being Bart Simpson! Love the Simpsons!!
Eat my shorts
!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks007

Yep.. and then I am sure they will fix the contract again and it will keep going.
I don't know how it will end. I would say there will be another movie or something. I don't know though.
Something that has been going for that long has to really have some kind of send off.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
P.S. might wanna change your thread title to "most recent Simpsons episode" or "Simpsons season finale" before you give some hardcore Simpsons fan a heart attack.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV

I didn't see any other posts here on ATS when I searched for it so I figured I'd throw it up and see what everyone thinks.

I'm not saying the Simpsons are in on some huge conspiracy, but I'm seeing more shows lately that have this same kind of message somewhere in them. Maybe it's just the networks capitalizing on the whole 2012 thing. Who knows?

What do you guys think?
edit on 2/20/2012 by ArrowsNV because: People need to read posts more instead of just scanning them real quick and replying

You know that episode of Futurama where cats are secretly taking over the world?
The week following watching that episode for the first time was this crazy week of cat encounters for me.

Id say the idea that Matt Groening is pretty "in tune" is a semi-viable notion, for sure.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well I heard Matt Groening is a 33rd degree mason, heard that is, and I don't know if it has anything to do with anything lol, A voice on the simpson's Harry Shearer has made a movie about bohemian grove.

Harry Shearer link wiki bohemian grove movie

Here is a youtube video of Shearer doing an interview about the elite at bohemian grove

he makes an appearence a couple times one time at 1:35 and another at 2:40 and at 5:23 he says something interesting. Hes thru out this clip, I dont want to time it all.

edit on 20-2-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com... was funny seeing astrange on it as well but they got at least 60 more episodes so i dont think they are done yet an agreement will be reached simpsons turned fox into what it is today and with out the simpsons on it i problay wont be watching it much any more

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Are you sure it was the final final episode?

Positive, the last frame of the episode says

Thanks for 500 Episodes

All we ask is that you go out and get some fresh air before logging on the internet and saying how much this sucked.
The words 'Final' or 'Finale', are not used, so what makes you so positive? Even if an episode were to end, with Homer saying, "Goodbye forever. We're never making another episode." I wouldn't believe him lol.

I'm pretty sure, that if one of the longest running shows in the history of television, had just aired it's final episode, it wouldn't be difficult for me to find by searching. I can find nothing mentioning anything as 'final.'

They have always added various current and/or fresh elements, into the show. Sometimes it is subtle, and sometimes not so much. Anything that is currently going on in the world, is capable of being used on The Simpsons. An event may have an entire episode based on it, or it could be no more than 3 words written on the church sign.

Thanks for mentioning it anyways though, because now I wanna watch it.

The Simpsons' 500th Episode, Starring Julian Assange:
A Look Back At One Of America's Most Politically Rellevant Shows

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

The first few seasons were great; but in my opinion it quit being enjoyable at about Season 5.

The conspiracy-theory and social-commentary stuff are a separate issue. But I don't think it's particularly daring stuff. In any event I'm not going to miss it now that it's gone..
The first couple seasons were crap. Bad animation, and not real easy to watch.
I haven't watched much during the most recent seasons, but for years, I never missed a show.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Haha.. yeah the Simpsons often acknowledge that they are responsible for one of the most evil propaganda stations in history. They rip on Fox a lot.

Like here:

"Fox News - Not racist, but #1 with racists."
then "We're unbalanced, It's not fair!" before the crash.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Where would TV be without The Simpsons? Thankfully, it will still be a while before we'll ever have to find out.

With no end in sight, Fox's landmark animated hit celebrates [color=FFE9A1]"the most meaningless milestone of all!" — their words — with Sunday's [color=FFE9A1]500th episode (8/7c), a remarkable run by anyone's measure.

Even if you've been taking this show for granted the last few years, or possibly decade, you don't want to miss — though you might want to record — the [color=FFE9A1]dazzling opening sequence, a kaleidoscopic montage showing the Simpsons' evolution from no-def to Hi-Def, with more couch gags than the eye and brain can process.

www.tvguide.com...

edit on 2/20/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join