It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun has almost swapped poles two or three times this week, guess it's no big deal.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

You adapt to criticism rather well.
for making some changes. But to be honest I'm ignorant of some things, and those links are full of technical astronomical jargon and almost speaking in a language I don't understand. At least those links had links to explain what was being shared.

Thanks for sharing the info, and sorry about this little exchange that momentarily discombobulate your thread on the first page.

I did not know the sun swapped poles periodically. And, I appreciate learning new things. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Audiokat
Wow, you lot are real assholes. I already stated I simply wanted an explantion in regard to the thread and that I wasn't trying to make issue with the spelling. What a bunch of seriously deranged pricks you are.

Edited post's..including the thread starter, so I wont bother..

Going back to read up on the links to see if the sun, has swapped poles, two or three times in a week..

explantion

edit on 18/2/2012 by lewtra because:.

edit on 18/2/2012 by lewtra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I have taken time to add some more links and information. Again sorry for my sloppy opening post but I needed to capture image, before it changed again and had to learn the new methods for doing so. Spent day on my hands and knees; first floor tile attempt, a bit tired, but no excuse. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
the suns poles reverse every eleven years or so

group hug?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The image you have posted has nothing to do with the sun's poles.

It is showing the polarity of the earth's magnetic field.

As the spaceweather article says, it's currently tilted south.

edit on 18/2/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
**** Next off topic post gets you post banned ****

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I begin to ask myself , what has been swapped the suns magnetic poles, or the debates around the subject

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

The posts that were deleted by the mods had absolutely nothing to do with any debate about the thread's subject matter, or the sun's poles changing places/polarization.

My apologies to the thread author & fellow ATSers for my participation in those shenanigans.

I don't know how solar polar movement/exchanges might effect solar weather patterns, but there is another recent thread here on ATS concerning Solar Tornados, and includes video of a tornado on the surface of the sun that is hundreds of thousands of miles high, or at least a hundred thousand miles high if I heard Brian Williams correctly the other day on the NBC Nightly News.
edit on 18-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

In fact, solar activity is on the rise. For instance, an X-class solar flare on Jan. 27th triggered the strongest solar radiation storm since 2005. Also, auroras have been sighted recently as far south as Virginia and Oklahoma.

Yes and no. The sunspot activity is definitely low however in low sunspot times you often get much larger flares so I guess it depends on how you classify solar activity - flares or sunspots.

My own feeling is that the activity is low as I think I tend to go for sunspots as the indicator. By the way the cycle is not exactly 11 years. It can and has varied.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Also

The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.

Source:
science.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join