It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possessed Gypsy Doll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I was researching the possibility of possession in a WW II artifact that I own when I found this creepy story about a doll. It was just the sort of break I needed and I think you will dig it too.

A young man was searching the crawl space of a derelict house in Australia looking for antiques. The house was supposed to be haunted but he hoped to find antique bottles and went in. As his flash light crossed the darkness, a figure of a boy jumped out causing him to hit his head on the joists.

The story that follows includes the assertions that the doll was made in the 1800's as the container of the soul of a drowned boy. It's creepy.

Hit link below. The link also contains a video which is worth all ten minutes.

markhall.hubpages.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Really interesting short documentary and back history - I love stories like this especially when the people involved seem genuine. Great find and thanks for sharing. S&F

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Good grief, what a schnoz.... very very creepy looking thing.
that poor guy is apparently stuck with that 'doll' forever.
it's so big too, like a life size child.
great, thanks for the dreams tonight....

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Fascinating story. Someone should try to release the kids soul though.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
really interesting story, mate
I mean, forget about chuky, this doll seems to be the real deal, and it certainly made the hair on my back rise
hope i won''t be dreaming of him....

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
I was researching the possibility of possession in a WW II artifact that I own when I found this creepy story about a doll. It was just the sort of break I needed and I think you will dig it too.

A young man was searching the crawl space of a derelict house in Australia looking for antiques. The house was supposed to be haunted but he hoped to find antique bottles and went in. As his flash light crossed the darkness, a figure of a boy jumped out causing him to hit his head on the joists.

The story that follows includes the assertions that the doll was made in the 1800's as the container of the soul of a drowned boy. It's creepy.

Hit link below. The link also contains a video which is worth all ten minutes.

markhall.hubpages.com...

Fascinating story about this doll. . . but I'm more curious as to what you have in your possession that you think is haunted from WWII.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Interesting story, thanks for sharing

He should taken the doll out more often a few years ago here in Queensland when we suffered from a great drought...... on second thought, maybe he did and why we ended up with widespread flooding

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Nice story. I kept waiting for the brain part. It says in the article that the doll has a brain, that was what I was mostly interested in. But that part seems to have been made up. I also don't think it is a child inside that doll. It was someone's son but looking at it he seemed to have been an older son. The facial features are almost a caricature but you can imagine what that person looked like. Is it all real or are people getting themselves into a hype? I don't know but I love the post. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Thanks for this story, Zarp.
The story of Robert the Doll always gave me the creeps, but this one seems even spookier. I don't even want to think what would happen if both of these dolls were placed into the same room together.

Here's the video within the article if anyone's interested:

edit on 18-2-2012 by Afterthought because: Added video

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I have a motion picture tripod used by the US Army Signal Corp to shoot battlefield footage. I can't be certain which battles this tripod saw but it's an Akeley Gyro which was absolute state of the art for smooth panning and it was marked "#01" so it must have been part of the A Camera crew.

Last year I had the only paranormal experience of my life involving what looked like a black shadow entity that flew from one room to another right past the tripod. I struggle with trying to understand what I saw that night, the instantaneous recognition and reaction as well as the behavior I displayed immediately proceeding the event.

I wrote a thread about it Angelic Revelation

Suffice it to say that although I had never seen anything like it, on some subconscious level I knew very intimately exactly what it was. It was evil. It had a purpose and it has something to do with a battle raging in a spiritual dimension I have acknowledged through my faith but never had witnessed in waking reality.

I thought I had prayed/willed/threatened the entity out of my home but have begun to suspect it is still there and just better at not being seen. Something tells me it may be associated with the tripod.

I said I struggle with this information because my education in "Newtonian" science and my cultural preconceptions make it difficult to acknowledge the existence of spiritual or dimensional realities which may be measured by one of the 5 human senses.

Just as this doll presents the scientist with a conundrum; An inanimate object has no known means of projecting any known energy yet many eye witnesses contradict that most basic premise of Newtonian science. A real scientist must remain open minded, tossing aside all preconceptions and deal with the evidence presented as impartially as possible.

I know what I saw. I know what I felt and I know that thing opened an executable file in my brain that I never knew existed. It was as if somebody clicked on a hidden icon on my desktop and opened a program I never knew existed.

I feel certain there must be other commands to access deeper components of that program yet the very existence of the program defies any "rational" explanation. It is that very struggle that brought me to ATS in the first place. It is my desperate desire to answer questions and gain knowledge that causes me to get so angry with trolls and disinformation agents.

I am also convinced that there are those in positions of power who have greater knowledge of the real spiritual/dimensional realms yet do everything possible to distract the general population from accessing that knowledge out of the certainty that if the average human being we're to even catch a glimpse of their true nature and abilities, the world would be transformed overnight.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Great story, thanks zarp3333. S&F for you.
Just like in the series "Warehouse 13"

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yet another tale of figurines being possessed by energies, demonic or otherwise.

I don't see why it can't be possible. However, I would make it an outlawed practice. No one needs to be storing souls in man-made objects. We have enough fantasy stories of stuff going horribly wrong that way.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

'You could hear the wood creaking as it turned and looked directly at the camera. One of the cameramen went deathly-white and fled out the backdoor. The entire event was broadcast to thousands of viewers.

What an awesome doll! creaking heads ! blowing out lights ! I would buy that doll for sure .

Nothing chucky can't take care of
. No worries folks chucky doesn't like competition !

couldn't get him outta the car the guy says ! Ha! I don't buy that for one second . I would've drop kicked it outta the car lool. Great story

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Pretty interesting stuff, but it got kind of rediculous near the end of the video with the psychic.

It is believable though. Dolls symbolize people, so it would be an ideal object for possession by a spirit who continues to identify itself as human.

Though if you're a low-level bad spirit, would you present yourself as a bad spirit or as a child?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'm gonna have to call BS on this one. The story just reeks of some guy's hunger for five minutes of fame. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. That's about the only useful thing my father ever taught me and it still rights true.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

When it was dark, everytime a car went past it looked like the doll was moving

So what he saw was the shadow moving as the cars went past. I think given the statement above its clear the doll wasnt moving. A trick of the light is a more probable cause.

An age of witches, potions and gypsy curses, even in these enlightened times...

The days when they burned and drowned women are enlightened times?

All dogs that have come in contact with this doll have tried to bite him

Im sure if i took a doll, like that..and shook it in front of any dog, they would do the same thing. The dog knows its not a baby, or alive. So its seen as a toy, given the gesturing and the pulling away of the doll.

The doll that had powers that no one could explain

What powers? All i heard was the guy thought he saw it move when cars drove by. Someone else claimed it wriggled in their lap, and turned its head. Had it been someone like me....a skeptic, i would have given them more merit. But he, is making a lot of money from his story, and she, is making money and notoriety for herself, plus she is a psychic.

This psychic is a fraud, like most. Its funny all these things happen just when the camera stops rolling

Haha the bit where the psychic says she was at a shopping centre with the doll, as the curtains opened one woman fainted and another threw up. Her conclusion is baseless, and quite frankly a joke. I for one dont believe anyone fainted and collapsed, and if they did it was down to pure coincidence(bad food, too hot from tanning etc) or set up.

Ooooh exploding light bulbs, now thats original. Its like when people claim that street lights turn off as they pass them, not knowing the true reason behind the lights turning off (sensors). Light bulbs are fragile and are also unpredictable to an extent. There are many reasons a bulb will pop, but they are to be ignored as it has to be the doll in this case

Im not convinced personally. Seems like a good lil story to tell the kids, but to believe its real is another thing.
edit on 18-2-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: to get the duh face to work

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Great find!
Strange reaction with the dogs, just a shame their wasn't any video footage of the doll moving.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia

Great story, thanks zarp3333. S&F for you.
Just like in the series "Warehouse 13"

Thanks for the heads up. I have basic cable and had never heard of Warehouse 13. I just read about it on Wikipedia. Sounds very interesting.

According to some people, those persons in positions of power I alluded to often telegraph insights into their reality through pop culture outlets. It's been suggested that the act of introducing the concepts into the popular consciousness somehow empower the insiders.

The trick is presenting it as fiction so viewers will not believe its possible and to point to obvious works of fiction to downplay any exposure by insiders wishing to alert the world about bizarre occultist practices of those holding the reigns.

Imagine how sick you'd have to be that you would knowingly trap souls of innocent children into dolls. Having me some of the more depraved ex CIA freaks, I don't doubt for a second that they'd do it in a heart beat if they thought they'd get $1M

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I agree. When I watched the video and saw how they were letting the dogs bite him and go after him, can you imagine how terrified he would be? No wonder dogs go after him, he's probably projecting fear and hatred of them from all the other times people did this to him.

Like the psychic lady said, he's a real energy/person who has feelings and memories. It is awful what he must go through.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What a fascinating story whether it is real or fake.

I was researching posessed dolls today so it was funny this thread should turn up!

I went to see Derren Brown last night. His tour is called Svengali, named after a doll which he claims is able to read peoples minds and was used in seances. Derrens story about the doll was enthralling and I was trying to find out if there was anything real about it. Anyone able to help with this one?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join