It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Bomber Stopped On His Way to US Capitol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Local CBS news broke into programming this afternoon with this story. Not much info was given at the time other than District police arrested a possible suicide bomber on his way to the US Capitol and the story is developing.

Feds arrest man allegedly heading for US Capitol

Authorities have arrested a man allegedly on his way to the U.S. Capitol for what he thought would be a suicide attack on one of the nation's most symbolic landmarks, Fox News has learned exclusively. The man, in his 30s and of Moroccan descent, was nabbed following a lengthy investigation by the FBI, initiated after he expressed interest in conducting an attack. It's unclear how the FBI learned of his aspirations. The man thought undercover FBI agents assisting him in his plot were associates

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
and so the false flags begin

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Everything that happens gets called a FALSE FLAG!

Why is it so hard to believe people want to kill Americans? After all, there are enough threads highlighting America’s ‘atrocities’ here on ATS alone to motivate any loon!

edit on 17-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes a suicide bomber really is a suicide bomber.
It's just a matter of time before they make their way up from the wide open border between Mexico/USA.
It'll happn.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

He wanted a royale with cheese before crashing to a burning death!!

How is this a false flag?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by eXia7

Everything that happens gets called a FALSE FLAG!

Why is it so hard to believe people want to kill Americans? After all, there are enough threads highlighting America’s ‘atrocities’ here on ATS alone to motivate any loon!

Well, if he got that far in his crusade, it makes me wonder ya know?

I know I have a better chance of slipping and falling in my bathtub and dying than I do an attack from AL Kayda
or the streets of NYC. They can't even stop crime at home, and they expect to save us from the Easter Bunny (aka terrorists) ?
edit on 2/17/2012 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I know I have a better chance of slipping and falling in my bathtub and dying than I do an attack from AL Kayda or the streets of NYC. They can't even stop crime at home, and they expect to save us from the Easter Bunny (aka terrorists) ?

If what you say is true then I guess some people have been doing their jobs here to protect us, no??

I bet those odds aren’t the same in Israel, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, etc…

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by eXia7

I know I have a better chance of slipping and falling in my bathtub and dying than I do an attack from AL Kayda or the streets of NYC. They can't even stop crime at home, and they expect to save us from the Easter Bunny (aka terrorists) ?

If what you say is true then I guess some people have been doing their jobs here to protect us, no??

I bet those odds aren’t the same in Israel, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, etc…

Indeed they aren't the same, and I don't call everything a false flag, I'd hope you'd think I'm smarter than thinking the sky is falling all of the time.

Luckily we're on this side of the great pond, and I'm sure people have been doing their jobs to stop the easter bunny, but with all of the war rhetoric going on, I just saw it as a coincidence that's all.

Good day

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Watching CNN right now, and they are starting to release more information about the guy.

Apparently, he was "fooled" by some law enforcement, and they caught him while he was supposed to pick up a suicide vest in a parking garage somewhere.

His name is Hamid Khalifi (sp?), 29 years old, and he's apparently an illegal immigrant from Moroccoo.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Another foiled attempt by the glorious FBI after they worked with the guy since Dec of last year and gave him the fake suicide vest. I feel so much safer now......

It seems that they have to keep producing these so called terrorists since there are not any around. Wonder how long they will play this game?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
False flag entrapment with a patsy. Same old song and dance from the pawns of the elite

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
its a false, false flag. Its made to make you think its a false flag but its just a crazy person with a bomb vest on. The CIA, and TPTB are getting smart with these false false flags. Kind of like I know what you know what i know what you know what im thinking. Wait until they start doing false false false flags. Then (bleep) will get crazy

edit on 17-2-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

I have to wonder how this isn't entrapment? A guy is like hey .. I wanna blow up people in DC. FBI is like "Oooo what a great Idea! Here is how.. and here is the material .. and here is when the best time is.. it'll be fun mate, get goin!" ... Then they nab him for masterminding the attack.

I mean, I get how the guy is obviously following through with it.. he clearly wants to, but when they make up schemes like this it just seems to me they are enticing weak willed people to do exactly what they want. Entrapment.

A more American way of looking at it: How easy would it be to go to a redneck you know, give him some guns and convince him the World is ending and he needs to kill as many government officials as possible? Pretty easy. And I don't see what the FBI is doing as being any different than that.
edit on 2/17/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Some information from a local CBS station. They say the man had overstayed his visa by YEARS

Man Arrested Near Capitol In Apparent Terror Plot

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If someone wants to strap a bomb to their body, and kill a bunch of innocent people there is not much that can be done to stop them. It is just such a extreme action and this is the only reason why it does not occur more often. However freedom must remain uninhibited by law or legislation, otherwise what is left to protect other than the slaves which continue to make the corporate machine run. If the foreign policies were used to strengthen bonds rather than to rob resources and enslave there would be less need for laws or regulations to protect the population. It is the policies and actions of the US government that endangers its citizens not terrorists.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm going to come out and say, "Yay" for the FBI.

Thanks (again) for saving the lives of innocent american civilians.

I hope the bastage accidently falls down several flights of stairs on his way to jail.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sometimes you have to wonder if these incidents are made-up to justify the Patriot Act. I have no proof that this is true or not, but according to CNN this guy was in this country illegal for 12 years? Considering they were clamping down on illegals after 9/11, why would this guy slip through the cracks? Than they said he was under surveillance for 3 years prior to this. Why wasn't this guy deported a long time ago? Did they know he would be an easy fish to fry and help them justify the war on terror?

I'm sure we'll learn more about this in the next few hours.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
One less ATS nutcase who watched and took to heart the show Homeland.....come on, you know you were thinking it....

Des

edit on 17-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Key info here that makes me suspect a false flag - "The man thought undercover FBI agents assisting him in his plot were associates."

Maybe not a false flag but there's only two countries that actually want to start a war right now, America and Israel. So until America and Israel instill some faith in me and the world that they are the good guys than my bet will almost always be false flag. They've shot themselves in the foot and cried wolf too many times for me to believe anything they say.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
DHS/FBI anti terrorism divisions have to justify their existence somehow.

I'm not going to say false flag, and sure people don't like Americans, but statistically speaking - When compared to terror ridden nations like Afghanistan/Iraq, it just doesn't exist here to the degree that actual potential terrorists need a helping hand along the way from the FBI like this guy did.

Two of the top three nations riddled with terrorist attacks are in the state they are in because of the actions of the United States, ironically.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join