It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medium produced insects during readings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to say that this did not happen to me but to a friend who I believe 100% and I would like to get an opinion on this. I know my own thoughts but anyway...

There is a medium who does house readings for groups of up to 10 people (he travels around the country but was in the local area at that time). My friend, her 2 sisters and brother made up 4 of one group last year. About 3 years ago, my friend lost her father to lung cancer but the medium was not made aware of this until my friend went in for a (one on one) reading.

The medium made contact with her father and during the reading he told my friend to look at the window behind her. She did and saw a large moth fluttering against the glass. The medium said "it's your dad here to say hello."

My friend was spooked by this (she also says, much of his reading was accurate).

Anyway to cut a long story short, when each sibling entered for a personal reading - they were told to look at the window during the reading and there was a moth (which the medium again said was "daddy saying hello").

This was until my friend's youngest sister went into the room (last sibling to enter) and when told to look at the window - there was a dragonfly instead. She expressed surprise that it was not a moth like her brother and 2 sisters had saw earlier but the reply she got was, "I think your dad has been very busy tonight and now he's a bit tired so that's why he came as a dragonfly this time" or words to that affect.

I'd really appreciate your opinion on this

Thanks,
Umbratica

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Sounds like some cool tricks with some cold reading .

Tell that medium to go here and claim her 1 million dollar prize
www.randi.org...

I know we want to believe these type of things really bad , because the idea seems cool , and they pray on vunrable people who are easy engaged in suggestions. But when you take the time and see what they are actually doing , then its nothing more then smoke and mirrors .

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
My guess would be she puts the insects in the
window before the reading and when she ask
the person to turn around and look there is
a moth or dragonfly. I am in no way saying
all mediums are fake but a large majority of
them are, especially those who take in big
money and make it off of other peoples
misery. Just sayin - - -

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by umbratica

Most mediums are very aware of any little clue as to age, clothing, demeanor, gait, hand positions, ornamentation, etc., that will give them a clue where to go with the session. Most customers, on the other hand, are there because of a loss of an immediately family member. That is virtually a given starting place for the medium. The person is there for a reason, usually a loss, and for something they can take away to soften that loss. They usually get what they seek.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
My guess would be she puts the insects in the
window before the reading and when she ask
the person to turn around and look there is
a moth or dragonfly. I am in no way saying
all mediums are fake but a large majority of
them are, especially those who take in big
money and make it off of other peoples
misery. Just sayin - - -

Went to a medium after a spirutual awakeening. What a dissapointment. I have a push on my third eye and notice synchronicity and feel chi flowing thru me. I was probably the most meditive person in that room because she did not notice a thing at all. A real medium should be able to notice me pushing chi in the room and have given me a big smile at least. I was a hard nut for her to read since I sat in a meditation position but with 2 highend phones. Every thing she said was totaly false and I really wanted to belive and hoped she could help me figure out what was going on within me an give me guidence. Looking for guidence from mediums is not working out so well for me. If I do not tell myself I am a medium since I am following my hunches and synchronicity
. But I don't even know where I am headed and I am going with the flow. I am still healing my mind and trying to get rid of baggage. Namaste

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So all the relatives reincarnate into insects that are present in short flight distance to the house with the medium. Sounds as a real deal. I mean, it is hard to reincarnate into an elephant and then say hello through the window.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
OP: I think your friends were had. Like a previous poster said, she's probably quite good at doing cold readings. Also, some of these charlatans go to great lengths to do things like the bug trick to make people think there is a whole lot more going on, when in reality...well...it's not paranormal, but a neat trick.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

My sister has a friend who is a medium.
a true medium will not charge for their services, they may appreciate a 'tip', but $ should not be required if they are truly real. A true medium should feel that they are doing spiritual work and that God will compensate them if us earthly bound folks don't or can't.

the medium I know said our loved ones can 'send' (NOT become) butterflies, birds, etc. and each loved one will send a specific animal, smell, etc.
The butterflies over and over sound a little suspicious to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I think this was a trick.

There is a book by F. Paul Wilson called "The Haunted Air.". It's fictional, but throughout the story the author reveals a lot of tricks used by fake mediums. Interesting Read.

Another book on the subject, but it's not fiction. By Deborah Bloom, called "Ghost Hunters". It gives a historical perspective and is very entertaining.

I wish you and your family well.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I mean, it is hard to reincarnate into an elephant and then say hello through the window.

Thanks for the laugh, the idea of my friend see an elephant peering in the window at her to say hello was too much!
In all seriousness though, when my friend told me this story I couldn't believe that this "medium" was doing this. Apparently he doesn't come cheap either...sad thing is she believes it 100%

edit on 20-2-2012 by umbratica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

a true medium will not charge for their services,

I have heard the same - that a true medium will not take money (or as you say maybe take a "tip" but not charge) - this guy charges an arm and a leg...
edit on 20-2-2012 by umbratica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thanks smyleegrl. I just get very annoyed when I hear stories like this from people, especially good friends who are still grieving and have been taken in by tricks like this. I will check that book out also, it sounds interesting.

edit on 20-2-2012 by umbratica because: Can't spell today

new topics

top topics

join