It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Tape: Cop Sucker Punches Suspect In Back Of Head, Then Charges Him With "Assaulting A Po

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Caught On Tape: Cop Sucker Punches Suspect In Back Of Head, Then Charges Him With "Assaulting A Police Officer"

www.informationliberation.com

A former Loudoun County sheriff's deputy is facing a federal civil rights lawsuit after a patrol car camera appeared to show him knocking out an unsuspecting target with a blow to the back of the head delivered at a full sprint.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
WOW!

this story seem to be on a rise lately.

seriously what has come to pass these last few days?

officers threatening to make up evidence.

officers who refuse to be handcuffed because they're on a 'stakeout' at 92 mph?

here's another one of them rotten apples.

i can't add much more, affraid i'll cross the lines of the T&C.

totally uncalled for.

www.informationliberation.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

ETA:

the two other threads i was talking about

Refused to be handcuffed

i'm going to make stuff up
edit on 16-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The individual officers that act like this watch too much professional wrestling. That and laws in North America are breeding hate.

I do believe the police were once used to protect people.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well thank you for catching this. Another example of excellence in policing.

I think the best part of your story so far is the "Former" part of his title as Deputy Sheriff. Hopefully this guy finds himself unable to get anything more dangerous than the Fry station at Burger King for future employment. He damn sure wound up on the wrong side of the Cop/Criminal line, didn't he? Criminal was the right path, by the looks of him.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
video says 2009? same story or an update? either way that cop is a turd.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

well the site i found it on says

Article posted Feb 15 2012, 7:59 PM

but it could be on older vid.

dunno really.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is happening all too often! Where are the good cops? Oh wait, there aren't any.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Nothing shocking from this (sad I know) as this is quite common in NYC especially if you are minority and in a bad neighborhood. The NYPD are notorious for that exact behavior, yet besides the out rage the same man has been Police Commissioner for 10 years now along with the same Mayor. No one is held accountable besides the officer and only if there is daming evidence. This is a systemic problem and those at the top need to be held accountable. But nothing changes.

Stop and frisk is a hot topic right now, with the numbers of stop and frisk going up more than 6x (80,000 or so pre Bloomberg, to 640,000 yearly) of which about 90% produce nothing. So basically the poor and people of color are being harassed every day and cops are given quotas which they must meet, both in stops and tickets.

digitalissue.villagevoice.com...

Schedrick Campbell was walking home with a bag of dog food in March 2011 in Brooklyn when three plainclothes officers grabbed him, accused him of swallowing drugs, and tackled him. Despite a strip search in the precinct and a series of forced and invasive medical tests over two days at Interfaith Hospital, no contraband was found. The hospital billed Campbell $9,500 for the concocted arrest.

If you talk back to them or try to explain them your rights, be prepared to be taken away from prying eyes, given a blackeye or worse, say that you attacked them or "resisted arrest" and throw you in a cell for 48 hours. Most of the times the charges are dropped but the point has been made. NYC is a full blown police state and it is a reflection of what is to come for the rest of the country.

Not all cops are evil or anything, but you must understand the power of custom/culture, gang mentality, code of behavior (unwritten), pressure from higher ups, and other psychological factors. Even good cops eventually fall victim to team think.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: it's not 640,000 all three terms, it's 640,000 PER YEAR

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

well the site i found it on says

Article posted Feb 15 2012, 7:59 PM

but it could be on older vid.

dunno really.

Sounds like that website is just rehashing cop beating cases.

Purpose of it?

They should be more up front with their presentation and offer timelines, instead it looks like they are just looking to boast antipolice sentiment.

It's fine holding police to account, but if people bash them after they make changes to fix their problems, it beccomes a never ending pendulum swing.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
wow.

I thought i was going to see somthing more boarder line, but when i actually watched the clip i felt compelled to post.

What the freaking hell man!!!!!

totally runs up to the guy and floors him with what looks like a flying punch, thats actually way more graphic and violent (even with the #ty quality video) than i was expecting.

Bloody "cant do wrong since i decide whats wrong" big head cruel police? BOrding wiht your job and want to get your own pleasures? welcome to the work force you meatheaded police jock.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It's fine holding police to account, but if people bash them after they make changes to fix their problems, it beccomes a never ending pendulum swing.

Well I can't speak for the whole country but in NYC that's the problem; nothing is getting resolved. They are viewed as isolated cases rather than systemic policy. When confronted, they deny quotas or stop and frisk policies even exist.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Sounds like that website is just rehashing cop beating cases.

could be

Purpose of it?

sensationalism?

They should be more up front with their presentation and offer timelines, instead it looks like they are just looking to boast antipolice sentiment.

could very well be.

i starred your post here.

you got me to take a step back and look more objectively at this situation.

might just be a rehash.

about the boasting part.

the LEO's are doing a damn fine job at that themselves.

agreed

top topics

join