It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Is Secretly Taking Over The GOP — And It's Driving People Insane

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

By now, it is clear that the Maine caucuses were a complete mess.

Evidence is mounting that Mitt Romney's 194-vote victory over Ron Paul was prematurely announced, if not totally wrong. Washington County canceled their caucus on Saturday on account of three inches of snow (hardly a blizzard by Maine standards), and other towns that scheduled their caucuses for this week have been left out of the vote count. Now, it looks like caucuses that did take place before Feb. 11 have also been left out of final tally.

As the full extent of the chaos unfolds, sources close to the Paul campaign tell Business Insider that it is looking increasingly like Romney's team might have a hand in denying Paul votes, noting that Romney has some admirably ruthless operatives on his side and a powerful incentive to avoid a fifth caucus loss this month.

www.businessinsider.com...

Interesting article from Buisness Insider.

I can't see the coming months as being anything but a lose-lose situation for the anti-Paul GOP establishment- people who support Ron Paul never change their mind, his numbers are growing, and without doubt the blatant voter fraud that is now clearly evident is going to nothing but create rage among voters and rally his supporters.

If Paul isn't the nominee, I think it's pretty much fair to say Obama will win.

Even though I'm from Canada, I can't help but cheer on Ron Paul and give his supporters all the support I can, as I feel he is a threat to the establishment that not only rules the US, but most of the western world as well.

edit on 15/2/1212 by Monts because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
just filed for county central committee today.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

good find monte i too am a canadian who supports thee ron paul, funny i noticed another link there saying he does 135% better in canada

and great work elPresidente, i hope you keep everything in order with that committee
or maybe catch the bastards with evidence if they try anything sneaks

as his momentum gains and it becomes more obvious his movement is inevitable and he will get a vast amount of delegates at the tampa convention the word of his ideas will only reach a greater audience that has been blocked by the mainstream media so far

does anyone know when the tampa convention is that the delegates have to be declared? or is that at the end of the election campaign or halfway through?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Well, the best point that you bring up is that Ron Paul supporters don't flip flop. There's a huge strength to that, that zealousy demonstrated amongst his core group. Those that choose Gingrich one day then Santorum the next, etc etc etc, they're truly sheep being led about. That's why they can't let Paul get popular, because the sheep will follow what's popular, they'll do what they're told thinking it's their choice. I think the shananagins (yeah, I said Shananagins) that the GOP is pulling might actually backfire on them. If they just let the process happen naturally, people might not pay as much attention and Paul might not get the coverage that he could potentially be sitting on. However, if there's a scandal...ooooooohhhh...watch out! People LOVE scandal, people watch scandal, people gossip over scandal. Let us then pray for a scandal, because it won't be about proving that he won Maine, it will be revealing that there are others who cheated!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
HA! This happened eight hours ago, and the article is saying that by now it seems like its a mess huh? Well I am proud to say that I was part of the ATS crowd that knew of the messiness of the situation, a week ago!..

Well guess I can't complain... at least it is being acknowledged. Justice for the win!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

I find it funny how the media spins scandal after scandal on all the candidates minus Paul (if you exclude the racist article non-sense).
Romney said poor people suck! Gingrich Divorces 10th wife! Santorum made $4 million in one year!
It's like a reality TV show pretty much- nothing like 44398 debates that all involve pretty much nothing but mud-slinging. Whatever pleases the sensationalist-sheeple I guess.

Funniest part I find is how the biggest scandal could not only happen not as a direct consequence of something that Paul said or did- but from something that was done against him by the same people spinning the scandals in the first place.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by trust_no_one

The closest thing we had to Ron Paul was Jack Layton...

The first time I voted in a Federal Election... and the guy I voted for died 2 months later.
Yeesh

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well, here we go again.
"They" will be here soon to derail the thread and smear Ron Paul and his supporters AGAIN! Just like they do in EVERY Ron Paul thread.

This is truely the most exciting time in modern history to be alive.
This is a make it or break it event we are approaching here folks.
Even a fool could see that our country is slipping into tyranny and opression which would make N.Korea and China blush.

It is now or never so to speak.
If we do not get this man into office then we deserve whatever we get.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have a question as a RP supporter. If RP does not get the GOP nomination or isn't on the ballot, can I still write him in, and will it be as effective as if he was on the ballot in the first place. Please forgive my ignorance, but it has been 8 years since I have last voted and am not sure of the rules.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
I have a question as a RP supporter. If RP does not get the GOP nomination or isn't on the ballot, can I still write him in, and will it be as effective as if he was on the ballot in the first place. Please forgive my ignorance, but it has been 8 years since I have last voted and am not sure of the rules.

I believe it's actually illegal to write-in names on a ballot (well at least it is here in Canada)

Regardless, I think most voting in the US is electronic now so it wouldn't matter anyways

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Yeah sorry but your votes only go to whoever they program the machines to give them to.
Truly sucks you can't even write in a candidate anymore.

Frank Zappa for Prez!
(But will accept Ron Paul who I did vote for in '88 Thank you very much)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Why wouldn't RP file a ethics claim against the GOP?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Dr. Ron Paul - the only answer for the United States of America.
edit on 16-2-2012 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
reply to post by BBobb

I find it funny how the media spins scandal after scandal on all the candidates minus Paul (if you exclude the racist article non-sense).
Romney said poor people suck! Gingrich Divorces 10th wife! Santorum made $4 million in one year!
It's like a reality TV show pretty much- nothing like 44398 debates that all involve pretty much nothing but mud-slinging. Whatever pleases the sensationalist-sheeple I guess.

Funniest part I find is how the biggest scandal could not only happen not as a direct consequence of something that Paul said or did- but from something that was done against him by the same people spinning the scandals in the first place.

The race issue was pursued to the death, and with the trashiest of interviews. Then there was the fact that the media tried to pretend that Iron Paul did not exist, when he quite plainly did. His treatment has be far worse than the Washinton clubbers.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by mileysubet

Yeah sorry but your votes only go to whoever they program the machines to give them to.
Truly sucks you can't even write in a candidate anymore.

Frank Zappa for Prez!
(But will accept Ron Paul who I did vote for in '88 Thank you very much)

Actually, the votes go in a temp folder and is zipped across the globe to be randomized for the hell of it. The results are also random gibberish but always in favor of the sheepliest candidate who will do as told and shut up about it

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
Why wouldn't RP file a ethics claim against the GOP?

Maybe his belief is that it will work itself out since he has the majority of delegates vouching for him. So wasting time on ethics claims is .. well .. a waste of time

The man certainly knows his priorities. How many interviews has he done and "owned" the interviewer? Or how many interview questions that are related to personal business and Dr. Paul dismisses them as such and reminds the interviewer that political questions are in the context of the interview?

The man is SMART and I'm sure he does what he does in the interest of the people and freedom and he does it by being constitutional. Not by being your typical underhanded weasel of a politician.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Fellow Canadian here.

I follow American politics very closely. Ron Paul is the ONLY republican candidate who has any hope of defeating Obama. I really believe that if he doesn't get the republican nod, he should run as an independent. He is a much different candidate than those who have ran as independents before and I think the American public is ready to elect an independent like Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

That is not a bad idea, but never underestimate the stupidity of the American public; republitards will vote republican, retardcrats will vote democrat, regardless of the candidate. If Paul we're to run independent he would take votes away from Obama and the GOP chosen, but he still wouldn't win.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I am also Canadian and I hope that if Ron doesn't win the nominee that he should go independent. Anyway I feel he is too libertarian to actually count as a republican nominee.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

I am also Canadian and I hope that if Ron doesn't win the nominee that he should go independent. Anyway I feel he is too libertarian to actually count as a republican nominee.

He won't win the nominee because he has not won in any State and he won't go independant because his son is in the GOP.
He is quoted as saying he wants to have a movement. As a Dr. he knows there is exlax, he should just get it over with already.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join