It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it is ready to resume talks over it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Iran says it is ready to resume talks over it

www.washingtonpost.com

WASHINGTON — Iran has told world powers it is ready to resume talks as soon as possible over its disputed nuclear program, according to a letter obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press, an offer that could reflect its difficulty in coping with tough U.S. and European sanctions, or amount to another delaying tactic as it moves ahead with activities that could bring it closer to developing an atomic bomb.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
it's interesting that they decided to resume talks now just after they have made progress towards developing weaponry. Along with the bombing attacks around the world. For me personally this is a strange move by Iran and should be approached in caution by the west.

Will be quite interesting to see Israels reaction aswell.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
abcnews.go.com...-LFnnZc
edit on 15-2-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Iran saids something then does another thing. it is eityher pure sarcasm, humiliation (such as the pink toy drone) or some underline culture issue that america and iran cannot seem to understand

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Why would this be a strange move by Iran?
This is what both sides want , to talk, to find a core root problem and address it. There are some countries who the idea of Peace will not be a happy thing to endure.
As far as my talks in these Iran threads have went, there are concerns of weapons development , but no one knows for sure, 100%.

Sit with the Iranian's , have a cup of tea, and a chin wag.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
AFAIK Iran has been ready to talk about its nuclear program all the time but it holds on to its right to develop nuclear energy as a signer of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. If the west and Iran both are "for real" then this ends up with more IAEA visits to the reactor sites for inspection.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Why would this be a strange move by Iran?
This is what both sides want , to talk, to find a core root problem and address it. There are some countries who the idea of Peace will not be a happy thing to endure.
As far as my talks in these Iran threads have went, there are concerns of weapons development , but no one knows for sure, 100%.

Sit with the Iranian's , have a cup of tea, and a chin wag.

It's strange due to the comments it has made in the press recently, most notably the Ayatollah's speech on the west.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

They are trying to buy time is all.

2nd

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Let's assume Iran is buying time and developing nukes. So what? None of you are stupid enough to think that they would use them offensively, right?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest

It's strange due to the comments it has made in the press recently, most notably the Ayatollah's speech on the west.

Because of a speech made , ok.

Try this, I dont know where you are , which time zone or what.
Check anyone of the 3 MSM news channels right now, I'll bet you at least 1 , right now, is saying things like invade or bomb Iran

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

This article should be retitled....

"Iran says it is ready to resume lip service over it's nuclear program"

They don't believe in negotiations, remember? It's all about "Islamic Resistance".

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nuclear rods are not used in bombs; if anything this proves that they are indeed pursuing nuclear energy. Whether they are pursuing nuclear weapons is still up for debate, and we really don't know enough to assume that they are.

The article mentions that this could just be a tactic to buy them time to further develop nuclear arms, but this seems more like a scare tactic than something plausible. If Iran is able to enter the nuclear rod market they will be able to achieve major economic growth and will be able to buy influence in world politics; they won't need a nuke.

Furthermore, China pretty much owns us, and if China disapproves of us attacking Iran we may have to comply. Keep in mind that China has the ability to completely bankrupt us if it decides to collect on our debt.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Nuclear rods are not used in bombs; if anything this proves that they are indeed pursuing nuclear energy. Whether they are pursuing nuclear weapons is still up for debate, and we really don't know enough to assume that they are.

The article mentions that this could just be a tactic to buy them time to further develop nuclear arms, but this seems more like a scare tactic than something plausible. If Iran is able to enter the nuclear rod market they will be able to achieve major economic growth and will be able to buy influence in world politics; they won't need a nuke.

Furthermore, China pretty much owns us, and if China disapproves of us attacking Iran we may have to comply. Keep in mind that China has the ability to completely bankrupt us if it decides to collect on our debt.

U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta let slip on Sunday the big open secret that Washington war hawks don’t want widely known: Iran is not developing nuclear weapons.

They cannot continue to do what they’re doing. Are they trying to develop a nuclear weapon? No. But we know that they’re trying to develop a nuclear capability, and that’s what concerns us.”

Even the US government doesn't believe Iran is developing nukes. Instead they're openly saying that Iran tapping into the nuclear energy market is a problem.

www.disinfo.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Heck, Iran's not a reason to call in our debt. China has bigger issues with the U.S. over cyber wars, trade wars and currency wars.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

To underscore the personal meaning of events of international scope, I offer three scenarios on a small scale. These events don't involve countries and entire peoples. The players are a few individuals, and the setting is a single neighborhood.

It's your neighborhood, and you're one of the players.

Situation One:

Several of Sam's friends are viciously murdered. Sam says he knows who did it, and he can prove it. Most people, including Sam, think that the suspected murderer is hiding in Tom's house. Sam demands that Tom surrender the alleged killer. Tom responds that he'd be happy to do so; Tom requests only that Sam show him the evidence that the suspected killer is, in fact, guilty. Sam insists he has the evidence, so Tom can't imagine why the request would be problematic.

Sam refuses Tom's offer and repeats his demand that Tom surrender the supposedly guilty man without conditions. Tom says again that he'd be glad to comply with Sam's demand; he only asks that Sam offer the evidence that Sam says he has. This back-and-forth continues; neither Sam nor Tom will alter his position. In frustration, Tom finally declares: "Look, I'll do everything you demand. You say you have evidence proving he's guilty. So show it to me. Then you can have him. You can have everything you say you want."

At that point, Sam yells: "THIS MEANS WAR!!" Sam means it. He kills Tom and his entire family, destroys Tom's house, murders several of his neighbors and wrecks much of the neighborhood.

Seeming Madness: The Suffocating Unreality that Kills

How would you describe Sam's behavior? Note that, in all of these scenarios, Sam's victim repeatedly assures Sam that he can have whatever Sam says he wants. Every time, despite the fact that Sam can have everything he says he wants -- and despite the further fact that Sam gets everything he says he wants -- Sam's only response is: "THIS MEANS WAR!!"

We can certainly conclude that what Sam says he wants is not what he actually wants. The scenarios compel a further conclusion, an especially terrible one: what Sam actually wants can be achieved in only one way -- the destruction of his victim. And as I've indicated, the destruction always encompasses more than just a single victim: other people are destroyed as well.

It is tempting to say that Sam is a homicidal maniac. In one sense, that's true, and I will not argue the point. But the full truth is far worse: what if Sam isn't "just" a homicidal maniac? What if he knows exactly what he wants and has set in motion a plan to achieve it? Note this: so far, Sam's plan has worked.

For this is the view of the ruling class: "America is God. God's Will be done."

What they want is dominion over the world. They intend to have it. In pursuit of this aim, as they believe the necessity arises, they will destroy anyone and anything that stands in their way. To describe their behavior as insane is to miss the much more critical point, and to minimize the far greater danger. They know exactly what they're doing. They're hoping that you do not. To date, far too many people oblige them.

Don't help them in their pursuit of brutality, oppression, murder and vast destruction. I state again: they know exactly what they're doing. Be sure you judge them accordingly.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

To underscore the personal meaning of events of international scope, I offer three scenarios on a small scale. These events don't involve countries and entire peoples. The players are a few individuals, and the setting is a single neighborhood.

It's your neighborhood, and you're one of the players.

Situation One:

Several of Sam's friends are viciously murdered. Sam says he knows who did it, and he can prove it. Most people, including Sam, think that the suspected murderer is hiding in Tom's house. Sam demands that Tom surrender the alleged killer. Tom responds that he'd be happy to do so; Tom requests only that Sam show him the evidence that the suspected killer is, in fact, guilty. Sam insists he has the evidence, so Tom can't imagine why the request would be problematic.

Sam refuses Tom's offer and repeats his demand that Tom surrender the supposedly guilty man without conditions. Tom says again that he'd be glad to comply with Sam's demand; he only asks that Sam offer the evidence that Sam says he has. This back-and-forth continues; neither Sam nor Tom will alter his position. In frustration, Tom finally declares: "Look, I'll do everything you demand. You say you have evidence proving he's guilty. So show it to me. Then you can have him. You can have everything you say you want."

At that point, Sam yells: "THIS MEANS WAR!!" Sam means it. He kills Tom and his entire family, destroys Tom's house, murders several of his neighbors and wrecks much of the neighborhood.

Seeming Madness: The Suffocating Unreality that Kills

How would you describe Sam's behavior? Note that, in all of these scenarios, Sam's victim repeatedly assures Sam that he can have whatever Sam says he wants. Every time, despite the fact that Sam can have everything he says he wants -- and despite the further fact that Sam gets everything he says he wants -- Sam's only response is: "THIS MEANS WAR!!"

We can certainly conclude that what Sam says he wants is not what he actually wants. The scenarios compel a further conclusion, an especially terrible one: what Sam actually wants can be achieved in only one way -- the destruction of his victim. And as I've indicated, the destruction always encompasses more than just a single victim: other people are destroyed as well.

It is tempting to say that Sam is a homicidal maniac. In one sense, that's true, and I will not argue the point. But the full truth is far worse: what if Sam isn't "just" a homicidal maniac? What if he knows exactly what he wants and has set in motion a plan to achieve it? Note this: so far, Sam's plan has worked.

For this is the view of the ruling class: "America is God. God's Will be done."

What they want is dominion over the world. They intend to have it. In pursuit of this aim, as they believe the necessity arises, they will destroy anyone and anything that stands in their way. To describe their behavior as insane is to miss the much more critical point, and to minimize the far greater danger. They know exactly what they're doing. They're hoping that you do not. To date, far too many people oblige them.

Don't help them in their pursuit of brutality, oppression, murder and vast destruction. I state again: they know exactly what they're doing. Be sure you judge them accordingly.

This describes US foreign policy and military use perfectly. It is insanity. Well, it is insanity if you try to apply "every day morals" on geopolitics. But geopolitics doesn't work that way, does it?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by TheGreatest

Because of a speech made , ok.

Try this, I dont know where you are , which time zone or what.
Check anyone of the 3 MSM news channels right now, I'll bet you at least 1 , right now, is saying things like invade or bomb Iran

The speech matters because it is coming from a head of state and a major figure in Islam giving an openly aggressive and anti-western speech amidst controversies regarding it's nuclear agenda. Hopefully diplomacy can resume before it escalates, but Israel will not approve of peace talks and may look at striking without the backing of international support.
edit on 15-2-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Obviously to buy them more time to make a weapon.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Nuclear rods are not used in bombs;

Jeff Rense did a piece on how old Nuke war heads can be put into the rod ponds and restored. That said it isnt hard to imagine Iran or someone building Nuke power capability then buying old warhead (guts) you know the part that blows up big time (brain fart) and throwing them in the pond to bring back some yield ability I cant find the piece on this please forgive but the article suggested that was what detonated in Japan.

new topics

top topics

join