It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage on Greek Democracy, Riots.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I always like to listen to Farage speak, he is, what a Politican should be.
He is speaking of the turmoil in Greece and how the Troika has implemented a course that is going to lead Greece in only one direction, downward.
This is worth a listen because the cause and effect of these actions can and will be applicable to many other countries, even countries across the pond.
(I stole this vid from Vitchilo in the UTTMMT , I felt it needs its own thread)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Love or hate Farage, you cannot ignore him. Which is what MPs should be

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

He has plenty of vitriol and passion and is a well-seasoned speaker but I wonder if he is so vocal about the UK having a German Royal Family...?
Closed borders and their own currency, unlike the rest of Europe. Hmmmm... I smell a rat!
ETA Back on topic, he does raise some good points, at least he's not one of those seemingly drunken idiots like...Boris Johnson.
Greece is indeed on fire. The pictures looked pretty hairy.
edit on 15/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 I should maybe add that I am English despite my location.

edit on 15/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Nigel Farage is Ferocious this guy really knows how to call a puppet a puppet right to their face.

After pointing out the absurdity of calling an unelected prime minister a democracy, he goes on to say three foreign officials fly in to tell the greece people what they can and can not do, which is the real reason why they are protesting, and then he says if he was there he would join the protests. I dont doubt it, he would. This guy is awesome, the ron paul of the eu.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wow, it's like hearing Ron Paul with a British accent.
I like this guy and have not heard him speak before.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Dont worry when the greek people have been scrificed to save the banks and
euro then they can have democracy back.

As you have probably heard, the Greek parliament, if you can still call it that, has passed the austerity bill. Overnight Athens has erupted in protest with a reported 80,000 people on the streets and up to 30 buildings on fire. All of KKE, Syriza and Democratic Left members voted no, as well as 21 New Democracy members and 13 Pasok members. Laos members also voted No with their leader absent. All but one Democratic Alliance members voted Yes. The political fallout is in full swing as I type, with Antonis Samaras expelling 21 members from his party and George Papandreou doing the same. 43 members in total have been removed.

Greek Government Debt Has Increased –

Here a link to a Zerohedge post.

The psychologist Eleni Bekiari knows what dark thoughts the crisis and its consequences have brought to Athenians. She staffs Klimaka's telephone number "1018." It is a 24-hour suicide hotline, and its statistics are clear. In 2010, there were about 2,500 calls made to the number. In 2011, there were twice as many. "Most of those who call us are women," she says. "On the other hand, it's usually the men who end up taking their lives." Greece traditionally has one of the lowest suicide rates in Europe, but the increase has been dramatic. Since the beginning of the crisis, the suicide rate has almost doubled. In 2011, there were almost six suicides per 100,000 citizens. When the callers to the suicide hotline are asked for their reasons for suicidal thoughts, Bekiari says, they often answer with two words: the crisis.

Pictures From A Greek Soup Kitchen

Just remember everyone its not the corrupt goverments or the banks fault so it must be
the people fault for taking out morgages and loans when they wear going to be made
unemployed by the crisis.

edit on 15/2/2012 by skuly because: anyone ever read this green writing?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
Wow, it's like hearing Ron Paul with a British accent.
I like this guy and have not heard him speak before.

What I find unusual , and frankly Never heard before.
Was a politican saying he would be on the streets protesting with the people.
Here , the protestors are called lazy unemployed dirty bums, by politicans.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There's many videos of Nigel saying what needs to be said to the EU dictators- He goes hard and its like what you would imagine your self saying to these idiots if you had the chance.

I'v made threads about Nigel before regarding how the EU control 75% of the laws that are passed in the UK, here's a video i linked.

I know I'll be voting UKIP, 100%.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I agree with the vast majority that Farage has to say on the EU.

Unfortunately he is very much a one-trick pony and take Europe away then he is nothing but an out and out Tory.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Another fine speech from Farage, it never gets old watching him kick their behinds.
Slightly off topic, I was watching some more of Nigel on youtube and I came across the European Councils logo plastered everywhere.
Why are all these logos of corrupt entities all over the world in the shape of an eye?
I've never been big on symbolism but its everywhere, you can't hide from it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
For anybody interested in the truly evil relationship between central bank conspiracy and the monumental theft of wealth of any entire continent you owe it to yourself to read David wilcock's epic story on financial tyranny at divinecosmos.com

It opened my eyes to the mind boggling amount of time the banksters have been planning this outright heist. They will not succeed. Never underestimate an angry Greek. I pray the solution comes quickly. If the banks' reps try to kick people off their farms, there will be lynchings.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm sure that most of the people in there are mentally screaming "logic! logiiiiic!" and trying hard not to sob or wet their pants.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
S+F and once again, well spoken Mr Farage!

If he came to Germany to run for office he would win... he's married to a german girl after all!

Just kidding.
I would vote for him and definitely join HIM on the streets protesting.

Why do we have so few politicians like this guy?

ETA:

Originally posted by Freeborn
Unfortunately he is very much a one-trick pony and take Europe away then he is nothing but an out and out Tory.

I'm not from the UK... can you elaborate on this?
edit on 16-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Toryism is a traditionalist and conservative political philosophy which grew out of the Cavalier faction in the Wars of the Three Kingdoms. It is a prominent ideology in the politics of the United Kingdom, but also features in parts of The Commonwealth, particularly in Canada. Historically it also had exponents in former parts of the British Empire, for instance the Loyalists of British North America who sided with Britain and Crown during the Revolutionary War. The Tory ethics can be summed up with the phrase 'God, King and Country'. Tories generally advocate monarchism, are usually of a High Church Anglican or Recusant Catholic religious heritage, and are opposed to the radical liberalism of the Whig faction.

Powerful words. Austerity was never about financial recovery and security it is to wipe the elderly and disenfranchise the youth. Divide and conquer.
edit on 16-2-2012 by usernamehere because: provide quote of wiki

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Cool speech but i wonder how quick support for Nigel Farage will go down when people realises he doesn't support immigration and spent years trying to get the burkha banned * shock horror

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Boris might be a bit of a buffon, but i'd rather have him as mayor than Ken. Farage does have some rather pertinent stuff to say regarding europe and i feel he should be listened to a lttle more than he is

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
S+F and once again, well spoken Mr Farage!

If he came to Germany to run for office he would win... he's married to a german girl after all!

Just kidding.
I would vote for him and definitely join HIM on the streets protesting.

Why do we have so few politicians like this guy?

ETA:

Originally posted by Freeborn

I'm not from the UK... can you elaborate on this?
edit on 16-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

there are more, but he's one of the few with the balls to say it out loud and in their faces.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Whilst Farage's views on the EU certainly strike a chord with both myself and a large percentage of the UK electorate, unfortunately it seems that's all he really has to say.

His policies on everything else are very much in line with The Conservative Party.
In fact Farage was an active Conservative supporter for years until leaving in 1992 and helped found UKIP the following year.
en.wikipedia.org...

UKIP policies seem to be a mixture of popularist soundbites and those expressed by the more right-wing Conservatives.
www.ukip.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Thetawave

It's also why he is in Europe where no one can really hear him apart from short youtube films. I think he makes very good points and has a good if rather caustic and sometimes white-knuckle delivery but I think the only thing he is influencing in Europe are his fellow politicians moods. I just can't trust ex-conservatives (or ex-labour for that matter) anymore.

Years trying to ban the Burkha? What a waste of taxpayer funds.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Farage is great and so are UKIP domestic policies. They are from the same breed of common sense. Only a politically correct robot would disagree with them.

What you don't realize you're actually admiring here is right-wing nationalism. You would never think so because it has become such a dirty word.

After all, why liberate us from Europe only to continue to foster the cultural destruction of the country by other foreign influences? Do you really expect him to be pro immigrant and pro burqa?

UKIP manifesto:

www.ukip.org...

edit on 2012/2/16 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join