It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Exam Paper Illustration - What Do You See?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

ha! good eye. like the theory that we (usa) set up the whole thing to back the war..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

Well, I can tell you I would absolutely be the last one ever to see any kind of "hidden meaning" or "symbolism" in any kind of illustration, but this is just too much.

"Armageddon" did it for me. However, note that the paper is a sociology exam, and it asks, regarding the illustration:

6. Look at the following image from toy advertising

(image depicted)

(a) Identify one gender stereotype shown in the image.
(b) Explain how the media may socialize children into gender roles.
(c) Explain two ways in which families may socialize their children into gender roles.

You could have provided this context: it explains that even in the paper, the illustration is supposed to be analyzed for subtextual meaning by the students.

It appears to me that the illustrator has a bit of a sick mind.
edit on 15-2-2012 by snowcrash911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ssupp

If you inscramble the letters to make one word they spell Downgrade You also get the words War and Goaded. Goaded meaning "A long stick with a pointed end used for prodding animals."

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I don't think that anyone has mentioned the fact that the box cutter is PINK, indicating that it may belong to the girl, not the boy.

I have two box cutters myself which are roughly the same color and sold in the Netherlands, but more orange than pink. Normal issue.

I guess from the thread it has been shown that this isn't a toy advert but a piece of controversial art with deliberate symbolism inserted... that's what artists who want to convey a political message do.

In other words, good find, but no kind of subliminal NWO propaganda in advertising or school curriculum.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ssupp
reply to post by Cythraul

I see a plane, 2 towers,

3 towers. the "N" block is building 7

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daver2056
reply to post by ssupp

If you inscramble the letters to make one word they spell Downgrade You also get the words War and Goaded. Goaded meaning "A long stick with a pointed end used for prodding animals."

As in goaded into war?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wait a minute....
The ball behind the girl represents the Pentagon.
The block the girl is holding up represents the airplane being shot down from the sky.

Edit to add: A for Airplane

edit on 15-2-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowcrash911

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I don't think that anyone has mentioned the fact that the box cutter is PINK, indicating that it may belong to the girl, not the boy.

I have two box cutters myself which are roughly the same color and sold in the Netherlands, but more orange than pink. Normal issue.

In fact, one of the box cutters I have is almost identical to the one depicted in the illustration.

Like this one:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
(I did a search but was surprised not to find this already posted somewhere on ATS - correct me if I'm wrong)

Take a look at this picture... really analyse it, and then share what you see...

Now consider that this is taken from a UK Sociology exam paper provided by awarding body WJEC. The actual paper can be seen here. The question/illustration is on page 10.

I can share what hidden messages I'm aware of in the photo, but it won't take the sharp minds here at ATS long to find them (particularly given the forum that I've posted this in).

I'd like to know who drew this and when. The exam paper credits the illustration to 'toy advertising', but what toy? What company?

EDIT TO ADD: Here is the article which brought this to my attention. It would be great if you could share your own interpretations of the picture before visiting the link.

edit on 15/2/2012 by Cythraul because: To upgrade picture to a clearer one and add a link.

The ball has pentagons on it. The towers are the Twin towers, and they spell out Armageddon. Boxcutter is in frame and the plane is being held by the kid colored in US colors.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

I'm surprised more people didn't catch that the word is Armageddon, as I feel that is one of the more obvious subliminal messages
edit on 15-2-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Do the paper dolls look like they've had their heads cut off to anyone else? I only got through the first 2 pages.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What is with the Nazi and NWO obsession with twins? Is that what the clothing is showing here?

Or are they clones?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8311-XHT
What is with the Nazi and NWO obsession with twins? Is that what the clothing is showing here?

Or are they clones?

There are no Nazis and NWO agents involved, the artist is Ben Frost and the symbolism is deliberate.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
DO DEAD WARN that is what the letters spell out it is plain as day the box cutter and towers draw your attention but the letters really say something spectacular!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I see in those papercut-people happy people holding hands and a "brotherhood"...a bond or connection if you will. Which make those four papercut people the four people organising the whole sick idea.

Could this drawing be part of a series, are there more of such pictures? If so, I would love to ATS speculating on what is coming next.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
One thing i noticed is the girl looks like a chimpanzee.

I noticed that, as well...just a quick glance. Look longer and it's still a 'girl'.
I wonder if evolution is being alluded to...or mixed races? ???

ETA: When a teen in the '50s, I worn jeans, rolled up (we all did,) and pinned the cuff with a big 'horse blanket pin'.
edit on 15-2-2012 by canadiansenior70 because: add info

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
That wasn't even a challenge.

Armageddon, the twin towers and an airplane, boxcutter and 4 paper people for the 4 planes.
And the pentagon on the ball.

Girls=builders (home-makers)
Boys=destroyers (warriors)

edit on 15/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: they used an a so I will too

edit on 15/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: pentagon

edit on 15/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: gender roles after reading the whole thread

edit on 15/2/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: 2 D's in armageddon

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Something different I haven't seen mentioned-

what I see is that:

there are only two more blocks to be put in place until we have "armageddon"
edit on 15-2-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70

Originally posted by Malcher
One thing i noticed is the girl looks like a chimpanzee.

I noticed that, as well...just a quick glance. Look longer and it's still a 'girl'.
I wonder if evolution is being alluded to...or mixed races? ???

Oh my God yes! Evolution and mixed races! Onoz! Whatever shall we do now? Perhaps we can blame it all on Obama?

Surely you can't be serious... speculation about a chimpanzee triggers the thought "mixed races" for you??

A term springs to mind. It starts with an r and it ends with acism.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Geez - can go one better

www.youtube.com...

Our OEM office has a whole stck of these manuals

Took course in Weapons of Mass Destruction Operations in March 2001 - our instructor (retired NJ State Police)
commented on it . Pointed out that terrorists bombed building in 1993 and should be ready for a future attack

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

interesting....i think its strange that the a and n are the 2 blocks left. the beginning and ending letters in armageddon

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join