It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in ESP ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am curious to learn just how people in ATS land believe in ESP , or some form of it ?

Do you believe that humans possess some type of ESP ability , such as an ability to remote view , divination , or an intuitive sense ?

Personally speaking , I do believe that there is something to this unknown sense . However , I do still believe that coincidences do happen but can't account for each instance of " interesting occurrence " .
edit on 14-2-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Do you know how many "I KNEW you were going to say that" your going to get?

No, "I WILLED you to write that".

Hit search engine for ESP threads. There are quite a few with written documentation to support your claim with references. And arguments against it.

Have a look.

I knew you would.

Just here to help.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Speaking for myself, YES, ESP is REAL.
Recently, I've had some very 'telepathic' dreams.

Example:

Had an incredibly lucid dream where an AEROPLANE CRASH LANDED and blew up into flames in front of my house.

What is the metaphor behind this dream I wondered?

Then I woke up. Went on the Internet, checked my Firefox BBC News Latest Headlines Tab and this is what I saw:

American Airlines announces 13,000 job cuts.

The next day, this happened:

Hungarian Airline Collapses

...go figure!

edit on 14/2/12 by galactictuan because: emphasis

edit on 14/2/12 by galactictuan because: emphasiss

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm teleapathetic myself

No, I haven't experienced it, yet I believe (key word) the possibility is there.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yes, very much so. Its not something most can do on tap however its zen mind, conscious overlay limits it enormously, but it everyone has this, and even just thinking of your extra atrophed areas, insight, and the wish to grow your psi and activate, starts the process because you are an infinite spirit driving this vehicle, a human ai body suit.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yes, I do. My family regularly visit a physic, and he knows about things which he can't possibly know. No, it isn't vague stuff that basically applies to everyone, and no the info can't be found on the internet either. It is precise info and details which he can't possibly know. He mentions things which are only known by a select few family members.

People who doubt about this stuff really need to go find some real physics. Seriously, keep searching.
edit on 14/2/2012 by 1lluminatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

To me that seems more like clairvoyance than telepathy.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I know for a fact that you're wearing a red and white shirt....

In all seriousness, yes, I believe in all of the above

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Lol I am wearing a red and white shirt !

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
reply to post by galactictuan

To me that seems more like clairvoyance than telepathy.

Yes, that was the word I was looking for.

Thanks bud.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Absolutely!

As someone who has had some experiences that are unexplainable I believe 100% in esp and more specifically dream "prediction." I also get really weird moments of where I get this feeling as to what will happen next and it does. It's hard to explain and sometimes it doesn't happen right away. For example i could meet someone and then get this thought or vision (hate using that term but it makes more sense) how a situation might turn out. I can't tell you how many times this has happened. it's really weird and people always tell me I can read people well. IDK and I don't claim to know or have any kind of ability. I just know the things i experience are not of the "norm" but imo they are things we all can do but for some reason have lost it.

I have had many dreams come true in one form or another. The first one caused a complete break down and one has haunted me for yrs. It is one that was just so real and reoccurring yet it hasn't happened. The only reason that dream bothers me is because of things in the dream that I could not have seen prior to the dream. I moved and things in my dream are where I moved to. It freaked me out the first time I saw the object in my dream in person.

Dreams mean a lot imo and I personally think things like ESP or telepathy are natural in us and with all the chemicals put in our foods and water those "abilities" are buried within us. I think people have been mislabeled as crazy or mental or witch even back in the day if someone had these abilities.

My own experiences have led me to believe in esp and other such abilities.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
TOO funny. I'm watching Wheel Of Fortune and a contestant is holding his head piece going:
" ATS guy has the puzzle solution?"

"Can I buy a vowel?"

Epic failure or success after pics.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Lol I am wearing a red and white shirt !

Now git'em 2 tell ya what color panties U'r wear'n?

Ribbit

Ps: ESP is real but kNot all who claim to be able to dew it, are.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
ESP is definitely a real ability.

Easily trained too.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Danny?

Lol 3rd line!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A few years ago (try twenty or thirty), some friends and I got very heavy into sensory deprivation, constantly building more and more elaborate deprivation tanks and spending more and more time in them.
What we discovered was that as each of us achieved the 'breakthrough' point (stage 4 - the terror stage) we would experience involuntary telepathic phenomena beginning within seconds of being removed from the tank.
By involuntary I mean not only that you would become aware of other people's thoughts without trying but that other people would become aware of yours even if you did not wish them to.
The effect wore off after a month or so of when we stopped tanking but it was very cool while it lasted.
It was not like hearing a little voice in your head. It was more like being aware of something the same way you know something a moment after someone has told you. It is just data present in your mind without the memory or awareness of how it got there.
Just thought I'd throw my two cents in for what it's worth

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
www.biomindsuperpowers.com...

Ingo Swann's data base. Lots of good info here.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Every living thing is part of a nonlocal consciousness.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

What?

lol

3rd line

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I'm sorry for the one liner but bwaaaaahhhhaaaaaa

top topics

<<   2 >>