It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas $4-$5 by summer's end?? Seriously?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Just saw on the news that gas here in the states will easily reach $4/ gallon this summer with some projections reaching $5/ gallon. This upward trend is getting pretty ridiculous. I drive about 500 miles a week, so gas prices hit my wallet pretty hard. As with most everyone I'm sure.

I just don't know how this country can recover while everything we buy is constantly on the rise. I'm very fearful that our dollar is dangerously close to collapsing. When this happens the S will truely hit the fan. Not looking forward to the rocky road ahead for all (most all) of us.

Sorry no links or videos. Just thought I'd put this out there for chat.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

This is certainly disheartening news, but I believe it.

Good thing I'll be in basic training during the summer, no need to drive anywhere.

Here's hoping there is a turnaround to the gas price debacle.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

It's not likely to get better anytime soon with all the turmoil in the oil producing nations. Skys the limit. Good luck in boot camp!
edit on 14-2-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
as much as i hate to say it, get ready for hyper inflation.
here in the UK we already pay the equivalent of $9 and this has far reaching effects.

almost everything is delivered by lorry / truck so delivery costs get piled on virtually every item we buy.

I know that other countries are also effected by this.
what europe has going for it is that we have a choice to buy small diesel cars (even though diesel is more exspensive than petrol / gas).
but we get more mileage per litre from diesel.

i do feel sorry for americans though as you do not have that choice.
your just stuck with petrol cars.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If you drive 500 miles a week then you damn well better be supporting hybrid and elecrtic vehicles with all your might.

If you can't afford one yet you should be saving up for it.

It will save you so much money in the long run, and yes, gas will definately climb, especially as we get into World War III with iran (and therefore the rest of the world.)

This is merely the beginning my friend.

Once gas is $30 a gallon it might as well be $300 a gallon, society will screech to a halt all the same.

By the way, when you say you just saw it on the news, what station/program were you watching?
edit on 14-2-2012 by FightHard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Well.. the Gasoline price in USA is very low, compared to northern Europe.
I calculated that the Swedish 14 SEK per Liter, is $7.91 per Gallon.
(Allthough that's the 95 Octane, they doesn't sell any 87 Octane Gasoline in Sweden).

So, there's a big possibility that the Gasoline will be $5 per Gallon, here in USA soon.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't see how any country can "recover" with prices like that and with as many other $ problems we are facing as a nation. Can you say Keystone Pipeline? Oh never mind, POTUS made sure we didn't get that one lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It will save you so much money in the long run, and yes, gas will definately climb, especially as we get into World War III with iran (and therefore the rest of the world.)

Any war with Iran would not be WWIII. It could be a debacle without clear objectives (see Iraq), but WWIII? No... The big complication would be the reaction of other nations.

We need to end our dependence on foreign oil sooner rather than later. Thing is, between Alaska and the Dakotas, we're sitting on tons and tons of the stuff, but we haven't built a new refinery in decades, or made real efforts to tap into these sources, as we've become used to simply purchasing foreign oil.

There's really no reason the US should be dependent on others fixing an oil price. The good news is, they'll definitely do what they can to keep it somewhat down (i.e. release some reserves), as hyperinflation is bad for everyone.

A lot of Europeans just don't get how BIG (area wise) the US is, and how far things are away from each other. It's why we drive so much, and why we have mass transit only in big cities.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FightHard

It was Cafferty on cnn.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Are you kidding? It's already $4.00 in Washington State.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
And I heard on NPR that gas will not increase -- we have been using much much less of it, there is surplus, we have stockpiles, and we are exporting gas. The price of gas will rise eventually because we basically out of oil.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Who is out of oil? The United States sure the heck isn't. We're sitting on an, untapped, natural stockpile of oil that is more than the middle east has all together. We're just depleting all other resources before we tap in to our oil so we can have ultimate control.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
We are out of cheap oil I am sorry that is the way it is. My source - my inlaws -- oil people in Houston and NOLA for generations. Geo physicists - GIS - and finacial - and yes they are aware of the oil you claim -- they have searched for oil all over the world -- peak oil is real and it is here. This is what they talk about at family get togethers. Sorry

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I remember seeing a video somewhere many years ago where a supposed insider was saying that gas in the US in the summer of 2012 would reach $5. Anyone else know what video I'm talking about?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
yes oil is more expensive in countries that have amazing public transportation, but for some reason america is @ss backwards when it comes to logical thinking.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

This is a link...
..to where you can see up to the last 6 years, in gasoline prices.
Gasoline prices in USA

join