It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Device built to crack nature's code moved to Jefferson Lab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I find this technology to be fascinating. Too bad we have to wait four more years to see what type of information it delivers.

hamptonroads.com...

The harp-shaped piece of a "drift chamber" is strung with about 5,000 wires, some thinner than a human hair, each sensitive enough to catch a single electron broken from an atom.

To find out how they move, researchers intend to use Jefferson Lab's electron beam to break off atomic particles, which will be caught by the gold-covered copper and beryllium wires of the drift chamber. The curving paths of the particles, whose movements last only nanoseconds, can be analyzed and measured.

The drift chamber is part of a $310 million upgrade of the Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility, also known as Jefferson Lab.

Considering the importance of the information it can provide, I can only imagine that it might be used by those who are hell bent on geo-engineering the Earth.

Does anyone besides me find it symbolically significant that it is shaped like a harp?

Here is a link to Jefferson Lab:
www.jlab.org...

Thoughts?
edit on 14-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Very cool indeed!

Its all about the vibrations.... physically and metaphorically!

If we could hear the nosies those cords produced, they would be BEAUTIFUL.

in this Universe all atoms must be vibrating. My theory is that in another universe, the atoms are lacking Higgs Boson there for they do not vibrate.. If they can't vibrate they can't take up space. Hence why our universe was smaller than atom before the big bang.
edit on 14-2-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

If we could hear the nosies those cords produced, they would be BEAUTIFUL.

That hadn't crossed my mind, but you're probably right.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It's all about vibrations...that's how the universe was constructed. A change in fundamental vibrations is a change in the fundamental structure of the universe.

Energy and vibrations go hand in hand. That is the core nature of the universe.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here's some more info about drift chambers and how they're used.

oldweb.ct.infn.it...

www-bd.fnal.gov...

This program is particularly interesting. It's called Garfield:
lambda.phys.tohoku.ac.jp...

Garfield tries to simulate the behaviour of drift-chambers: it calculates and plots the electrostatic field, the driftlines of electrons and ions and the currents on the sense wires resulting from the passage of a charged particle through the chamber. The program can also assist you in finding optimal potential settings under certain constraints. For calibration purposes, Garfield can compute x(t)-relations and arrival time distributions.

The program is primarily meant for use with chambers that consist only of thin wires and infinite equipotential
planes. Periodicity, magnetic fields and cylindrical geometry are allowed. Fancy electrodes can only be handled by approximation. Garfield can not deal with three-dimensional structures.

Garfield can be run interactively and in batch on most of the CERN central computers. One of the main features of the program is probably its friendliness; little knowledge about the computer system and no knowledge at all about programming languages is required to be able to run it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Interesting to see the future is embracing ancient theories with modern methods.

new topics

top topics

join