It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nifty television advertisement that shows GMO / Farming / Processed Foods.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I saw this AD, and I thought I would share it with my friends on ATS. I thought the advertisement was very well made and intriguing and certainly makes you think. The song is great also. Enjoy.

The advertisement is from Chipotle Mexican Grille, looks like they are giving to farmers in one way or another. If its true, they have my business. The advertisement seemed genuine. I especially like the part where they are pumping medicine and chemicals into the animals, around 0:45.

Chipotle - Youtube Channel

Comments? Thoughts?

Thanks!!

edit on 12-2-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: Title Clarification

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

Funny, you know mcdonalds owns chipotle, right? What's good for one franchise apparently isn't good for the other.

Edit. Thanks to the poster who enlightened me with the fact mcdonalds does no longer own chipotle.

Thank you!
edit on 12-2-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Just saw this on the grammies. I think it deserves a award. Sad to hear mcd. Is a part of them. Peraps there is hope though for something more positive

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Applause!!
I love how art can convey such meaning, on various levels, and Willie's voice sure gives it depth and emotion. This vid reminded me of a doc called Fresh, and it too is about the turning away from many modern agricultural practices, and back towards more harmonious and simple approaches. What is cool is the end result is turning out superior product, in taste, costs, safety and impact.
I believe the public is slowly realizing the benefits of localized agri- business, not only in better product, but economically for their areas specifically.

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I think theybparted ways as of 2006.
thestir.cafemom.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Ha did not know that. I remember when I used to deliver pizza, I worked for a company called donatos, and McDonalds owned that, and Popeyes chicken, and all three restaurants were in the same lot in front of a crappy walmart.

But, eh. To me the ad seemed genuine, even if its not, it certainly puts processed foods, and the use of medication / growth hormones / chemicals into perspective to the general populace that unknowingly consumes it.

edit on 12-2-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: per not pre spelling error corrected

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
reply to post by amongus

Ha did not know that. I remember when I used to deliver pizza, I worked for a company called donatos, and McDonalds owned that, and Popeyes chicken, and all three restaurants were in the same lot in front of a crappy walmart.

But, eh. To me the ad seemed genuine, even if its not, it certainly puts processed foods, and the use of medication / growth hormones / chemicals into perspective to the general populace that unknowingly consumes it.

edit on 12-2-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: per not pre spelling error corrected

Its advertizement, when you see a AXE commercial you dont really think the effects of it will have girls chasing after you? Go to Chipotle website, notice how they use the word NATRUAL and not organic. Look up the laws, just because a company says its natural does not mean its organic. According to the law company's can say natural if the product has aspertaim in it. The site says nothing about USDA organic. Chipotle is just marketing to a large and growing community, they are trying to stay in business. Go eat at a local organic place and order a burrito, then go to Chipotle.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
reply to post by amongus

I think theybparted ways as of 2006.
thestir.cafemom.com...

Thank you. I'm embarrassed. I was a victim of the rumor...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There is a new hope

edit on 12-2-2012 by RavenSpeaks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

That's ok dude. I was angry at them for a sec when I thought you could be right. I was just happy to see they were no longer involved! This was a great commercial!

join