It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek Doctors Battle Hospital Superbug as Crisis Depletes Budget

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Greek Doctors Battle Hospital Superbug as Crisis Depletes Budget

www.businessweek.com

Greek doctors are fighting a new invisible foe every day at their hospitals: a pneumonia-causing superbug that most existing antibiotics can’t kill.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.todayonline.com
seekingalpha.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Greece 'a breath away from ground zero', PM warns
Greece bailouts : 136% of GDP

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This new bug is bad enough on its own but, thanks to Greece's current financial issues, they are understaffed and short on supplies, making this bug even more dangerous.

With the March debt payment deadline fast approaching, is it possible that a rampant fear of the spreading of this virus leads to a larger scale problem for the nation? Will the people force the governent to act in their best interest regarding the virus? Will the fear of the spread of this virus result on neighboring nations forcing some form of containment or quarantine?

Will this have an impact on other nations and their government provided health care plans?

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hmmmm..... I'm a pretty skeptical person but, ok I'll say it, doesn't the timing of this outbreak raise an eyebrow?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I had no clue that Greek was having this type of health problems specially related to the lack of budgetary meanings, interesting that this same problems along with many other problems affecting Greek is what will push the nations already selected officials to get the people to go for the submission and demands of the EU leaders.

But I also find interesting that yesterday I was with my husband at our local gym talking with some friends (among them doctors) and were discussing the break out of new hard to treat viruses in the local big hospital we have that turned into a big monopoly in the area.

More than we have led to know, even one of my sons friend felt victim to one of this new bugs after having his leg repair with bolts following an accident.

Now many (local practices are opting for) performing out patient procedures to avoid the local big hospital due to this problem that they call it a (lack of sanitary procedures) than anything else, my husband made his insurance pay for one of the outpatient local procedures rather than having the procedure done in our local big hospital for the same reason, he was afraid of catching a bug and his insurance actually approve it.

But the major monopoly that we call hospital in the area are trying to buy out all those small practices because they want to monopolized everything including the safety of patients.

Now with the health care reform even the second private hospital in our town has been bought off.

For some reason I expect this problem with the super bugs to get worst, but if many private doctors call it a (problem with sanitary procedures) to the point of now opening their own in house out patient facilities something is going on, perhaps the maximizing of profits at the expenses of people safety when it comes to big hospitals, at least in the US, Greece well that is due to lack of budgetary means, in the US is inexcusable.

Greece is no alone, US is having its fair share of this problem, worst than many care to learn, specially when you have family members and friends working for the health care system, that is when you get scare to death after learning all the cases that are coming out but no reaching the mass media.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It doesn't look as if the lack of money, on the part of the Greek health department, is at the root of the problem. More that the possible over prescription of antibiotics has killed off the weaker germs and is allowing the stronger ones to flourish. It is a problem afflicting many countries at this time, although no doubt it must be heartbreaking as a family member to know there's little the depleted and overworked nursing staff can do to save your loved one.

The article says it particularly affects those with leukemia. How awful to catch a fatal bug while you're being treated in hospital for cancer. A nurse I know back home says their hospital is abandoning their cleaning regime and going back to basics, the patients are trundled out of their rooms every day, absolutely everything in the ward and side rooms is washed down with bleach solution. Bedding is being boiled. Windows are being open, natural daylight is encouraged. They have reduced hospital infections by over 80% just by doing things the way they were 50 years ago.

That might not be a solution here but it's a thought.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Hello Crakeur, and ATS Readers,

It is a sad story... these "suddenly" emerging" superbugs.

If one will recall the long list of microbiologists and important people in a number of a select few lines; that are what engineered diseases are made of... There have been a LOT of folks go away mysteriously or in odd mind control type scenario's, murder, getting run over by cars, etc.

I remember the news years ago, when it was announced "they" were going into the Arctic to try to find victims of the Spanish Flu, and dig them up and try to get a sample of the DNA from the virus.

I thought to myself what sort of lunacy is going on here? WHY in the heck were they messing with this stuff? Were they TRYING to open Pandora's Box again??

Bugs, or bacteria and viruses are the fastest things to adapt or evolve, or at least one of the fastest. So, they find a way to get around our efforts to remove their threat from our lives.

What is sad, I got a feeling a lot of these may have had a helping hand, by folks hired by governments, and alphabet agencies..

The cheapest and most efficient of weapons are these unseen "bug bombs". I also suspect that many of these scientists deaths were tied to work in these fields, and worked for the agencies, etc.

They usually don't get rid of an ASSET until it becomes a potential liability, and the "recipe" for the disease AND CURE is in a mad scientists "cookbook" in some clandestine location.

They don't want some clandestine bug worker to have a guilty moment when they realize something they worked on for "X" is being used in a manner he/she was led to believe would NEVER happen, if they would have a death bed confession or something like that.

We have been plagued with the MRSA thing for several years now. Link below.

FROM A UK PAPER

Many influential members of society advocate a large or severe population reduction. Some say this "movement" is divided on whether to do it mainly with silent weapons... as in these bugs and viruses, and GMO poisons, etc.
OR to do it the old fashioned way, just with better weapons like the H-bomb, instead a measly A-bomb like the Japanese got served to them.

Regardless of these diseases origin, or genesis.. it is left to us, to have to deal with them.

One thing that just might help is COLLOIDAL SILVER.. in the 30ppm solution or stronger.

The ADA, American Dental Assoc.. recently, (last few years), approved CS for use in dentist drilling machines, and now reccommend its use to get rid of bad bugs that tend to grow in those tiny water tubes, and water reservoirs etc., in tooth drills.

Hospitals that have begun to religeously use it to scrub down ER's and bathrooms, etc... have seen a significant reduction in MRSA, and anti biotic resistant bug diseases.

MAYBE it might work to help prevent this NEW pnuemonia bug from spreading so easily?

Only thing is the silver solutions aren't cheap.... the costs of medical care would skyrocket even more.

And YES, I have to agree with you, or speculate with you that a terrible disease outbreak could very easily be the match to the fuel to burn down Europe, and perhaps, and most likely a global fire... the potential IS there. Even a medium type outbreak, would affect economies, and cause bigger trouble when some places CLOSE their borders perhaps to travelers???

I am not trying to imply that MRSA is a government made disease, or that even this terrible new bug is one of them.. truth is we will NEVER really know.. but we still have to try and "dodge" them. I believe the hospital bugs, are mutants that have adapted, like BORG BUGS kinda... and that perhaps these deadly pnuemonia bugs evolved along the same lines...

Yes sir, Crakeur.. we live a very weird world nowdays... just seems "funny", odd or coincidental that SO many new bad bug critters seems to have "surfaced" since those days of "Gee lets go the Arctic and dig up dead Inuits, and mess with their DNA and the flu that killed millions!"...,. Hey GREAT IDEA ... NOT!

All I can figure with assurance is... HANG ON... the ride is just getting started... we are really all sailing in uncharted waters.. weird bumps ahead. "Surprises" will stun nations maybe.. the internet is sort of abuzz with MARCH stuff... and the concerns for March are valid for any month of the year...lol..

I think it is a "first" globally that the economies of almost all countries have currencies that are only backed by hot air and debt... so the disease thing gets tossed in on top and you have a perfect storm thing going on.. hopefuly it will never develop into a super storm..

Thanks for bringing this sad story to our awareness..

Pravdaseeker

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

I'm glad you pointed out the Spanish Flu recovery incident, and I was making up a batch of Colloidal Silver as I was reading that

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
check out my prediction. I posted that on 14-11-2011, and I hid the prediction inside the image link on a closed thread so that it wouldn't be obvious. If you hover your mouse over the image link and look at the URL you'll see this:

I have a prediction to make: In the next few weeks or the next few months, the media will start talking about a new and extremely contagious virus. They will claim that the virus originated from OWS encampments because of the nasty conditions.

I think I was right about the first part, but wrong about the second part (where it started). This seems to me like the new super-bug that I knew was getting around, I was just waiting for them to announce it... and this seems like the announcement I was waiting for.

edit: also see this post for further explanation.
edit on 13-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join