It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter Finally Arrived!!! ...in Kentucky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well we finally are getting normal winter weather around my part of the woods...

Its been warm and mild... actually quite nice for the most part around here.

Staying on average 50 F degrees with ranging temps 45-70 F

I've done landscaping, maintenance on our ditches... I've walked the creeks... sat outside at night and enjoyed the "warm" winter air haha

But it looks like we finally got some winter weather...

for the record we got a little pitiful storm around the first of January... but it was just that... Pitiful...

It was 29 F at 6am and now at 8:22am its 23 F

So its getting colder with the sun... Thats an awesome winter paradox! lol

(yeah I know its cos the clouds/front whatever... that were keeping the "warm" air "in" have cleared out)

But with all this unseasonable warm weather we been having...

I figured reporting that everything was back to norm in my woods was in order...

Kinda funny when "news" is reporting that things are back to the way they are "supposed" to be...

Anyways Have a AWESOME weekend everyone... stay warm!!!

-Evol Eric

edit on 2/11/12 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm in Missouri, 10 here this morning, feels like -3, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Is nice to have warm house
. Is just little winter tease, let us know it is still out there.
Got snow forecast for Monday.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

South western Ontarable here.First winter weather today too.Pretty weird when old man winter fools us.Going up to 6 on Monday,so the 5 inches will melt.-2 right now.....ug

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
N. Ga mountains here...snowing, windy and cold. The Winter Fairy arrived while I was sleeping. Glad I added new straw to the goat's shed yesterday.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Got a slight dusting of snow on the ground in Louisville this morning. Not much to write home about really. However it is colder than a witches booby in a brass bra!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
There's a lovely mini-blizzard going on here in the foothills of Tennessee's Cumberland Plateau. To most it would probably seem an unimpressive, ultra fine dusting of snow, but to those of us who have been on a bread and water diet, it's a glorious sight. The temperature change is such that the cat's were reluctant to come out of their house for breakfast. The number of times ice has formed in the water trough this winter can be counted on one hand. Less effort for me of course, but it's sending the wrong message to the thriving ant colony about the place. Nonetheless, it's time to pull out that neglected, Christmas gift of scarf and gloves and revel in what old man winter has decided to dole out. Regards and hot chocolate all around!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There's been several thread about the weird winter weather this year.
Please post your thoughts in one of the existing threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussions in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join