It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google accidentally released Maine election results early!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well, in their defense -- google is NOT the agency or government counting the votes -- they are merely a media consolidator, and in a few cases, they might have a staff member or intern working on creating a News Feed.

So in this case -- Google has as much "invested" in covering elections as a higher tier Blog -- which isn't much.

If this were the elections commission it might mean something. A news agency, is might mean a tiny bit. But in this case, it's probably somebody's app probably had a bug and this was the result.

>>> After all, they are scraping news feeds -- and if it said 100% -- it might have been a feed that incorrectly terminated. That would mean those were the results as of the time when the feed went sideways.... or it could be a hack.

It might be a tiny bit messed up if those voting ratios were wrong....

>> Overall -- let's keep this in perspective: there is already MASSIVE election fraud as a matter of course, and anyone voting on an electronic voting machine might as well be putting quarters in a slot machine -- if you got your actual vote recorded, then the outcome probably didn't matter, or the most sold out guy was in the bag.

>> Google isn't even part of this equation.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Yup. That's why I didn't make a connection of relevance at first. Stuff happens, folks die, so I was scratching my head muttering "WTF has she got to do with this?". I'm not in any way prepared to say there IS a connection, but this being a conspiracy site, I have to admit the potential exists.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by nenothtu

Don't sweat it. It was just a joke that had no bearing on this thread what-so-ever. That being said, her death successfully managed to steal the thunder of the Maine straw poll.
I'm not calling this a conspiracy, just a saved by the bell moment.

I'm at work, and don't much watch news or keep up with celebrities even when I'm at home, so I'd have never known about it until days, maybe weeks later if you hadn't mentioned it.

I daresay that it has a lot more steam to build up and thunder to steal in the coming days. All I found had been posted in the past few minutes, so it was just then breaking, apparently.

Ever notice how comvemiemt smoke screens like that just suddenly appear... conveniently?

Then again, it's entirely possible that the hat band on my tinfoil hat is just way too tight!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

This incident isn't going to bed just yet.

chrisinmaryville.net...

and Disinformant's imgur.com...
has over 20,000 views

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

All of that is so, but Google is one of the interfaces between the policy makers and the policy followers, and as such has a role to play in the formation and especially the dissemination of public opinion. I wouldn't imagine that they are actively hacking results, but rather are reporting hacked results as fact.

The fact that the results were released that early does lead me to wonder as to the degree of collusion, however. It does seem that someone at Google should be able to count to 12, such that they would understand that 10 comes before 11, and results from the 11th could in no logical way be released on the 10th.

Compounding the suspicion based on the premature release is the subsequent pulling of those results, indicating that it had to be a mistake of some sort, whether intentional fraud or accidentally released test, and that by itself tends to weed out the "it's just a running report of an ongoing poll" excuse.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I find it interesting that "someone" disabled the counter here:

imgur.com...

Is this damage control or Standard Operating Procedure for imgur?

I am referring to the 20,674 views.
edit on 2/11/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Now showing 83.7% reporting picture below.
i.imgur.com...
Yes the image is edited it was super wide because I'm using dual monitors so I cut out some of it.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Diseased because: spelling

edit on 11-2-2012 by Diseased because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
probably a mock up that was a test of the formatting or something and went live by accident

I mean paul was the only candiudate even making an effort in maine, and they had him at 10% ? obviously just a mistake

the giants released "super bowl champion" headlines the day before the superbowl and it cost a guy his job

stuff happens

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired
GET TO DA CHOPPER

Stick around

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Diseased

I read that voting in Washington county was canceled for today because of a snow storm and will take place next Saturday. That is why it isn't showing 100%.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Really, What a bunch of Smarties we got here... The Maine caucus runs from THE 2ND TO THE 11TH! Maine has smaller population, and has lots of remote parts that often can be cut off because of snow this time of year. Even now they only have 84% of THE TOTAL caucus reported due to weather.

If you want people to think anything other then ATS if full of a bunch of tinfoil hat retards... Think for like 5 min before you jump to EVERY chance of conspiracy you get! Really... The World is doing very well and the govenment is not out to strip you rights... If you really look you would find that we have much more rights then in earlier years. in 1929 If you were suspect of ANYTHING, how do you think the Police would treat you?? You think they cared about your rights back then as much as now??
- your out of your minds.
edit on 11-2-2012 by R4inM4n because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I find it interesting that "someone" disabled the counter here:

imgur.com...

Is this damage control or Standard Operating Procedure for imgur?

I am referring to the 20,674 views.

It gained about 5000 views since I checked it around 4 hours ago. When did the counter stop rolling?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I noticed it about an hour ago.

Funny, that the view numbers froze, but I see it jumped from 13 to 14 hours just a few minutes ago.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diseased
Now showing 83.7% reporting picture below.
i.imgur.com...
Yes the image is edited it was super wide because I'm using dual monitors so I cut out some of it.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Diseased because: spelling

edit on 11-2-2012 by Diseased because: (no reason given)

These screen shots are the only way I can keep up. Google won't load the pages for me, probably because I won't run Google scripts. I find it interesting that Paul moved up 2 slots to second, Gingrich dropped like a rock to the bottom, and Santorum up one from last to third as measured against the premature release.

Of significance, perhaps, is that Romney is still #1 in this "revised" version, and has actually "lost" 6.5 percent to level things out a bit - but still in the lead...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Nevermind.

edit on 2012/2/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Actually, Disinformant posted it on page 1 over 25 hours ago - on Friday night - and they are claiming it was posted today.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I don't think it's a live counter.
It seems to update from time to time, not after every view. Also, when I uploaded it to imgur originally, I never put any headline on it, so someone else added the "Any truth to this?" headline on imgur, I'm presuming they did this when they posted it to reddit. It also says it was uploaded 14 hours ago, which i'm guessing also is when the headline and reddit posting were made. I actually posted it over 24 hours ago (as seen by the timestamp on my ATS POST). But the imgur URL never changed.. ??? I'm guessing someone at imgur noticed it was getting traffic and posted it to reddit??? Kinda weird is all..

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by R4inM4n
Really, What a bunch of Smarties we got here... The Maine caucus runs from THE 2ND TO THE 11TH! Maine has smaller population, and has lots of remote parts that often can be cut off because of snow this time of year. Even now they only have 84% of THE TOTAL caucus reported due to weather.

If you want people to think anything other then ATS if full of a bunch of tinfoil hat retards... Think for like 5 min before you jump to EVERY chance of conspiracy you get! Really... The World is doing very well and the govenment is not out to strip you rights... If you really look you would find that we have much more rights then in earlier years. in 1929 If you were suspect of ANYTHING, how do you think the Police would treat you?? You think they cared about your rights back then as much as now??
- your out of your minds.
edit on 11-2-2012 by R4inM4n because: typo

since you are saying this ON A CONSPIRACY site, I just gotta say, your name, I heard the illuminati use that silly rainman stuff, so are you a TPTB fan or are just a fan of Tom Cruise Movies.

edit on 11-2-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

Thanks for clearing that up. I kept checking the counter throughout the day and it would jump about 2,000 each time and that's why I thought it strange that it hasn't moved for a while.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join