It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking Photos...You're a Terrorist!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I hope this is in the right thread topic.

I work for a Connecticut commerical real estate broker. First, let me describe my boss. He's in his 60's, dresses in suits, about 5'7' , white male, thin body shape. He was at the site taking photos of the property we just listed and all of a sudden 2 cop cars fly up with their lights on like he's holding a semi-automatic machine gun! When he asked what the problem was the police Nazis told him that they got 2 phone calls reporting that a man was taking photos of "the property". He had to show ID and explain who he was and why he was taking photos, etc.

People are being programmed to live in fear!! Everyday we're seeing the "See something...Say Something" propoganda commercials that everyone is a terrorist!!

What are your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If you see something, say something !!

Looks like the TV programming works as designed.

link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

"If you see something, say something."?
What is the world coming to?
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Bah! You beat me to it!

edit on 10/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a reply to previous poster

link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

Absolutely ridiculous. I had a State Police officer show up at my door with an offensive posture just last week that was unwarented. If you want to know the whole story read this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When are people going to wake up to the madness?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
its working too. sadly.
people have gotten in a state of self-coddling and its gross.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You're terrorist if you have a paypal account. Gawd forbid if you make a slight mistake, You'll have to hire lawyers just to find out what's wrong with the account. So, stupid. Paypal will not tell you what's is the exact problem. Then, you have change all your banking information, because they will never delete the information. Joy joy. MUMBLES TO SELF ARGH.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I got questioned for taking a picture of the White House a couple of years ago. The cop strolled up and asked "What are you doing?" to which I replied "Taking a picture of the White House."
He asked why I was doing that and I informed him that I was a tourist, and that's what we do; it's kinda been our deal since the invention of the camera, to capture moments. He gave me the stink eye for the attitude, which only grew stinkier when I shooed him along.
Paranoia has gripped this nation, you're absolutely correct. Big Gov has told us to be afraid for so long now that they don't even have to police us anymore, our own countrymen, via paranoia, do the job for them now, hence the situation in your op.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
that the police actually responded to a call that "they have a guy taking pictures" is not bordering on insane, it is insane.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Everyone is a bad guy and everyone is a suspect

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I used to take photos for fun, when I traveled in the Navy reserve.

That only happened to me once, in Sicily.

That was on a military base though.

Crazy for it to happen, no place special...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I can't post. This is great. Will you?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You guys have no idea what report the police were responding too. The fact that your all willing to assume it was just a guy taking pictures shows your bias. Perhaps there was a report that a stalker was in the area or something along that lines.

Without more information it is irresponsible to assume the police were acting obtrusively. Perhaps the OP could track down a copy of the 911 calls so we may have an idea of what actually transpired.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

You are absolutelt right. Thank you for bringing that up. I guess my post was more in reaction to what happened to me the other day but you are correct we don't know the whole story so we should be more openminded. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Of course it is entirely possible that the police WERE abusing their authority and there is certainly plenty of proof lately to show that its more than a reasonable assumption.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
As a follower of PINAC blog this is just business as usual. It's been like this for a long time. I can advice only to carry photographers rights info on you and keeping a video camera recording if confronted.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
You guys have no idea what report the police were responding too. The fact that your all willing to assume it was just a guy taking pictures shows your bias. Perhaps there was a report that a stalker was in the area or something along that lines.

True, but having been at the receiving end of this sort of "harassment", I can say that this kind of response by the police is entirely plausible.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
You guys have no idea what report the police were responding too. The fact that your all willing to assume it was just a guy taking pictures shows your bias...

Originally posted by FreedomKnight
...When he asked what the problem was the police Nazis told him that they got 2 phone calls reporting that a man was taking photos of "the property"...

The fact that you do not even read the Op shows your bias
See we can play this game too.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

It's paranoia...it was a commercial property not some playground or someone's home! And by the way...I have seen men in street clothes pull up in front of someone's home and snap photos of homes going into foreclosure...they work for the banks. Since when did taking photos become a crime? America is becoming a country living in FEAR! Let me ask a simple question....15 years ago, would someone have called the cops?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Or just live in complete fear of every person with a camera because taking pictures is dangerous.

top topics

join