It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING rumour: Kim Jong-Un assassinated?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

I'm guessing they're referring to TVB Jade. This is the flagship television station in Hong Kong. I'm trying to find a website specifically for their news but haven't turned up anything yet.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
probably bs but i found this.

[BeautyLulu1981] BeautyLulu1981 : Just now, the Hong Kong Jade news, said the situation in North Korea is out of control, the Chinese People's Liberation Army to enter Pyongyang in two hours, the primary goal is to prevent nuclear proliferation. Does North Korea really a big? ! ! !

www.weibo.com...

i cant find this news source hong kong jade news, doesnt bring any site up???

Here you go: TVB News (links to sites at bottom) but I am having no luck getting my translator to translate.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Funny how a similar rumor started on the same "Weibo" service the first week of January 2012.

North Korea coup rumors fueled by Chinese social media (January 5, 2012)

The latest rumors spread on Weibo, a microblogging service that is often described as the Chinese version of Twitter. The rumored coup sparked tens of thousands of comments, and Chinese authorities blocked all messages with certain keywords, like “North Korean military coup” or “North Korea coup.”

I'm guessing we'll see the same crackdown on this rumor from China, but who's starting them?

According to some of the rumors, Kim Jong Eun’s uncle — Jang Song Thaek — had helped lead the military uprising. Another version of the story said that the military was going to install Kim Jong Nam, Kim Jong Il’s oldest son, as the new leader. Kim Jong Nam would create a “pro-China regime.”

So, is Kim Jong Un NOT pro-China? Is he already dissing them?

According to the North's official Korean Central News Agency Kim thanked the world leaders that sent him condolence messages over the passing of his father, Kim Jong-il. The young leader expressed his gratitude by sending written replies to the leaders of Russia, Cuba, Nepal, Mongolia, Bangladesh and dozens of other nations. He also expressed his wish for stronger bilateral ties between North Korea and the countries mentioned.

Many perceive the action as Kim's first official foreign diplomacy move. Although China, North Korea's major ally and benefactor was not included on the list. Observers say Kim might have sent a private letter or arranged other plans.

www.arirang.co.kr...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Kim Jong-Un Dead? That's The Rumor

Its a coup.

In the past two hours, Twitter has exploded with unsubstantiated rumors that the new North Korean dictator died in Beijing today and that a coup is underway in North Korea. All rumor of course, and one that appears to have been started on China’s twitter-like platform Weibo. As the story goes, a couple assassins barged into Kim’s room in Beijing and shot him, before being shot and killed themselves by bodyguards.

If Kim is dead, if there is a coup underway in North Korea, it’s likely because after his magnanimous visits to their bases in recent weeks, the army decided that Kim is too much of a softie to keep the North Koreans sealed tighly in their gulag.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rren

The sites the Wikipedia article links you to redirects you to the main TVB page. I've found the section of the site where you can find their news programs but they all link back to the main page.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My psy ops senses are tingling-Someone is trying to incite panic in North Korea,via a cyber campaign...
Hmm,is anyone else seeing a pattern here?
Will the MSM start shouting at us about a North Korean spring??

This whole thing is very shady indeed,who knows what will happen.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Rren

The sites the Wikipedia article links you to redirects you to the main TVB page. I've found the section of the site where you can find their news programs but they all link back to the main page.

I am getting this link from the wiki page: mytv.tvb.com...

This one also: www.tvbn.com.hk...

These two seem to be the news links.

For the main TVB page I get this link: www.tvb.com...

Anyway, I can't get the translation gizmo to work on any of them so I haven't clicked anything on those pages nor tried to search them.
edit on Fri Feb 10 2012 by Rren because: spelling

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Interesting news/rumors... We shall see.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rren

I don't know if the second link is old or what but it doesn't look like there's actually any information on it and any link you click on takes you to a 401 Forbidden error. The first link is the same page I found linked from the main TVB site. It lists all of their news shows but if you click on one it takes you back to the main TVB page. I'm guessing we would want the second link as it was the most recently updated. It's their evening news.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i found this, posted on the 22nd of jan 2012, aside from whats happening at the moment, the idea of troops being in Pyongyang Within 2 Hours have been discussed before.....

rki.kbs.co.kr...

A Japanese daily says China is boosting the mobility of its troops stationed near its border with North Korea in preparation for possible contingencies in the North. In a special report on Sunday, the Asahi Shimbun quoted a Chinese military official as saying that the Chinese military is raising its mobility so that it can enter Pyongyang within two hours in case of an emergency in the North. The daily added that the Academy of Military Science, a think tank of the People's Liberation Army, has been operating a crisis management team on the Korean Peninsula since 2007, when rumors of the late North Korean leader Kim Jong-il’s health problem began to emerge. The Asahi Shimbun said the think tank also drew up a secret report in 2010. The report called for China to place top priority on preventing nuclear proliferation in the event major changes occur within the North, as the North’s nuclear weapons development could lead to a full-scale war on the Korean Peninsula.

edit on 10-2-2012 by Denied because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So we still have no confirmation one way or the other. This is extremely frustrating
The only sources I can find are the Huffington Post, Forbes, democraticunderground, and the various blogs - nothing solid or reliable, it's all still speculation based on rampant interweb rumor.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

What did you expect? This rumor surrounds China and North Korea, two notoriously secluded countries.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Also, it's like 6 A.M. on China and Korea, maybe earlier.
don't expect too much news from now.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Nothing on any UK media outlets, nor RT.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yet that is what the North would say in a means of propoganda to stir up the country to support not only a new leader, but also give provocation to use military force against the south.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
NK would be an ideal sweatshop working for China. Won't be surprised if China enters and kicks some kegs around.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I sent a u2u to a member whom, I believe, can read it and/or may have some contacts over there that may be able to let us know if it's being reported there. We'll see.

PS,
Just starting reading the Mayan calander threads from your signature. Great stuff. Well done, X.

(edit)

Just heard back he can only speak not read chinese but he has sent the info to a friend. Maybe he/she can update us but, I'm thinking this will fall along the lines of the Castro is dead stuff coming from the same source awhile back.
edit on Fri Feb 10 2012 by Rren because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
How do you un-assassinate someone? Oh wait I see, I put the hyphen in the wrong spot... [size=-3](nevermind)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I love how a rumour gets 54 flags. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
I love how a rumour gets 54 flags. Interesting.

Seems a good way to draw attention to it in hopes of debunking or verifing the rumor. No? We have many international/knowledgeable/connected members. That's why I flagged it. Isn't that what the system is for?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join