It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signal problems with Comcast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I live in the southeast portion of the country and was wondering if anyone knew what was up with Comcast. It keeps going to signal problem in your area and gives 800 # to call.l but when I disconnect and reconnect broadcast comes back. It rained a little yesterday and last night nothing today. I thought they said this only happened with the dish? Just wondering if anyone else experienced this. Not the bill it's paid.

edit on 8-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: correct typo

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I get that from time to time. The best i can figure is that it has something to do with the cable box that causes it to get out of wack. Sometimes i can change the channel and change back and it goes away, other times i have to cut power to the cable box for 30 seconds or so. I am using one of the tiny cable boxes for secondary Televisions in the home.

I dont watch TV very much, so most of the time it pops up i have no idea how long its been there lol.

DC

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You need to call CS and request an RF Tech due to moisture issues in an external coupling. Tell them when it rains your signal drops out. They will check the couplings from the street on into the external Netowrk Interface.

I used to do tech support for HSD. It is the only way to fix it.
edit on 8/2/12 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

new topics

join