It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil's Chord: The conspiracy to open the portal of consciousness and mystery of the octave

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Yeah that's exactly the kind of reverse psychology used for brainwashing.

There are no "real" crop circles except as shown from the 17th C. -- just basic round circles sometimes.

the whole crop circle phenomenon started with Doug and Dave and then was picked up by MI5 as part of the Stargate Conspiracy which is funded by the CIA -- promoting extraterrestial invasion as the new religion.

It's a nice way to distract people from the real issue of Western imperialism destroying the planet through raping the resources of Mother Nature.

The crop circles blatantly use computer designs and irrational geometry as part of the Freemason propaganda. They are made by Circle Makers who work for MI5 -- as the above video documentary exposes.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Nope -- because it was started by Plato and Archytas and then continued by Euxodus, a student of Archytas and then Euclid and Aristotle who worked for Alexander.

So basically the geometry "hides" the discovery of incommensurability in music ratios which is a logical paradox -- an error of logic, enabling Western math.

We can say -- yes irrational numbers work -- but they work at a great expense -- as a logical lie. So for whom do they work? They work to make destructive imperial technology to extract resources while ignoring the true costs. How do we know this? Because of the structural lie as a "deep disharmony" of mathematics. Math is not pure. The irrational number as the Devil's Interval is a logical lie hiding the noncommutative time-frequency uncertainty. This is a very simple yet very deep and radical conspiracy. It's so simple yet so deep that people don't see it.

This logical lie is the noncommutative relation of the Perfect Fifth and Perfect Fourth. So 2/3 as the Perfect Fifth is not allowed because it does not work in the commutative "means" or "divide and average" equation.

As a "divide and average" it is no different than the previous "divide and average" math of the earlier Solar dynasty priesthoods -- but Archytas and Eudoxus then added the geometric mean equation so it's arithmetic mean times harmonic mean equals geometric mean squared.

Plato then only allowed the major and minor modes in music as they are closest to the scale created by a "divide and average" means equation.

This also entailed using a "negative infinity" as the incommensurability root -- whether it's zero or the square root of two -- so Aristotle was against "negative infinity" and so this delayed the Greek Miracle until Platonic mathematics was transferred back into Europe via the Arabs.

edit on 11-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Nope -- because it was started by Plato and Archytas and then continued by Euxodus, a student of Archytas and then Euclid and Aristotle who worked for Alexander.

So basically the geometry "hides" the discovery of incommensurability in music ratios which is a logical paradox -- an error of logic, enabling Western math.

We can say -- yes irrational numbers work -- but they work at a great expense -- as a logical lie. So for whom do they work? They work to make destructive imperial technology to extract resources while ignoring the true costs. How do we know this? Because of the structural lie as a "deep disharmony" of mathematics. Math is not pure. The irrational number as the Devil's Interval is a logical lie hiding the noncommutative time-frequency uncertainty. This is a very simple yet very deep and radical conspiracy. It's so simple yet so deep that people don't see it.

This logical lie is the noncommutative relation of the Perfect Fifth and Perfect Fourth. So 2/3 as the Perfect Fifth is not allowed because it does not work in the commutative "means" or "divide and average" equation.

As a "divide and average" it is no different than the previous "divide and average" math of the earlier Solar dynasty priesthoods -- but Archytas and Eudoxus then added the geometric mean equation so it's arithmetic mean times harmonic mean equals geometric mean squared.

Plato then only allowed the major and minor modes in music as they are closest to the scale created by a "divide and average" means equation.

This also entailed using a "negative infinity" as the incommensurability root -- whether it's zero or the square root of two -- so Aristotle was against "negative infinity" and so this delayed the Greek Miracle until Platonic mathematics was transferred back into Europe via the Arabs.

Structurally you're referring to clockwise and counterclockwise flow. I alluded to this earlier... Numbers and letters viewed as helical gears. If you've pressed the phase button in mixing, it's separating the channels 180 degrees in order to prevent overlap/ muting. That's really what's being explained here... The intertwinement of ascending and descending (clockwise - counterclockwise) flow. Our magnetic forces at play.

What manifests one way will counter in the other direction; hence, we have growth in nature. With so many names mentioned inside this thread all I think we're missing is Kal-El!

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UncleV
A circle of fifths backwards is a circle of fourths however that is based on simple note name. When we talk about the overtone series ex. 100hz, 200hz, 300hz, etc. you could say, going backwards that 300hz to 200hz is a fourth. But we tend to move forward in naming intervals in a case like this, so it is relative I suppose. You, if I'm understanding you correctly, are basing each instance off of the same note, let's say 100hz. However, each possible frequency stands alone. So, since there is no one frequency (I believe we ALL agree to that) each fundamental frequency and the overtone relationships stands alone, unique.

A starting frequency of 120hz gives overtone series of 240hz, 360hz, 480hz, etc.
A starting frequency of 27hz gives overtone series of 54hz, 81hz, 108hz, etc.

So while we can find a fifth, etc. we should start fresh for each instance. So, the fifth found in 120hz of 360hz (in relation to the octave of 240hz) should become the new starting frequency for the relationships of that note, 360hz.

O.K. again you have to agree that frequency is the inverse of wavelength. Hertz assumes that time is measured in wavelength -- if you want to say "second" this actually means wavelength as meter or feet or radian. So "second" refers to the period of time it takes for one full wavelength distance. Hertz already assumes a commutative symmetric relationship of wavelength. So 300 to 200 hertz "going backwards" is still 1.5 Hertz -- it's still a fraction of 300 over 200 Hertz. Hertz already assumes that sound has a speed as the square of the distance -- by the wavelength squared. So when you talk about Hertz what you really mean is this:

frequency = velocity / wavelength

Not frequency is inverse to wavelength. Velocity already assumes a "squaring" value which originated in the "divide and average" means equations of Archytas. So velocity is not just the speed but also the direction and direction assumes a commutative value. Non-commutative means if you change the direction of the operation then the value changes.

You asked earlier -- sarcastically -- does time slow down if it is reversed? Yes -- the Perfect Fifth interval as the overtone harmonic 3/2 is a higher frequency -- and so the wavelength time is faster since it is smaller value -- 2/3.
Now if the subharmonic of 3/2 frequency is 2/3 frequency or 1/3 frequency then it is the same music interval -- a Perfect Fifth but in the opposite direction of time so frequency is lower and the wavelength spreads out and time slows down. So now the wavelength is 3/2 as time but the frequency is 2/3.

So what does velocity mean if time slows down even though the speed of sound stays the same? It means there is a deceleration or acceleration of time as speed squared or seconds per wavelength squared -- as velocity. So the change of direction of time in Hertz already assumes a squared value of time as wavelength.

I'm saying this expose of the non-commutative value is prior to assuming a squared value of time as wavelength and it demonstrates the noncommutative property of time and frequency that was not rediscovered until Heisenberg's uncertain principle from de Broglie's wave mechanics. In other words there is no "negative infinity" as the square root of anything -- because (A x B) does not equal (B x A) so that (A x B) minus (B x A) is greater than zero. That is the definition of the "quantum action" and it is also the secret of alchemical free energy from the noncommutative time-frequency uncertainty principle.

Because the time and frequency are uncertain then they are also infinite and not "contained" by a squared measurement of speed as a change of direction. So my first physics course was quantum mechanics and my professor said students should learn quantum mechanics first because it is the foundation of physics. When I took geometry in high school -- I disagreed with the Pythagorean Theorem because I knew there was a secret music ratio proof to it and I knew that the Pythagrean Tetrad was non-commutative. So I took biology in high school and then quantum mechanics as my first physics course -- and behold I learn the same non-commutative value that I knew was the secret of C to G is 2:3 and G to C is 3:4. Or F to C is 2:3 and C to G is 3:2.

It's very simple yet very radical.

If you have a wavelength of 1 and then the first octave is 1/2 wavelength with a frequency of 2 then what is the frequency of wavelength 1? haha. This paradox is escaped by stating that frequency

is equal to the phase velocity v of the wave divided by the wavelength λ of the wave:

So again velocity assumes a commutative value for the direction of operation by squaring the wavelength and this originated with Archytas using the "divide and average" means equations. So that is why they are called music "ratios" instead of fractions - -because the question remains -- ratio of what? Consciousness

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

It's foolish to deny the Golden Mean... Again, it's found in ascending order as part of the fibonacci sequence. Our faces, dna, gastropods, galaxies... Without a snap-to guide nature wouldn't manage to take hold.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Fibonacci numbers in the Pythagorean musical scale:
smphillips.8m.com...
Fibonacci numbers and the Golden Ratio in sacred geometries:
Part 1:
smphillips.8m.com...
Part 2:
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Pressing a button with phase is not playing music.

I'm talking about listening to the source of sound. No instrument needed.

But hey if you really want to press a phase button -- by all means:

In 1994 Günter Nimtz and Horst Aichmann carried out a tunneling experiment at the laboratories of Hewlett-Packard after which Nimtz stated that the frequency modulated (FM) carrier wave transported the 40th symphony of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 4.7 times faster than light due to the effect of quantum tunneling.

However, Nimtz highlights that eventually the final tunneling time was always obtained by the Wigner phase time approach. In [6] and [17] Günter Nimtz outlines that such evanescent modes only exist in the classically forbidden region of energy. As a consequence they cannot be explained by classical physics nor by special relativity postulates: A negative energy of evanescent modes follows from the imaginary wave number, i.e. from the imaginary refractive index according to the Maxwell relation n := \sqrt[\epsilon_r\mu_r] for electromagnetic and elastic fields. In his latest publication [22] Günter Nimtz again explicitly points out that tunneling indeed confronts special relativity and that any other statement must be considered incorrect. [edit] Related experiments It was later claimed by the Keller group in Switzerland that particle tunneling does indeed occur in zero real time.

Zero time. Zero phase. Or Superliminal Phase if you will:

Phase Velocity of de Broglie Waves

Superliminal phase as consciousness.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What geometry? I thought we're talking about music.Geometry is spatial. Didn't you dismiss my illustration as spatial?

The image you post is spatial - music is in time not space -- again C to G is 2:3 and G to C is 3:4 -- any musician knows that the G to C interval is a Perfect Fourth -- not a Perfect Fifth. Nice try though.

If you want to talk about commutative AxB=BxA if A=A and B=B. Now if C4 to G4 is 2:3 what difference does it make what G4 to C5 is or what G3 to C4 is? Doesn't any musician know that? I'm not aware of the commutative property of addition or multiplication being applicable to a musical scale anymore than to subtraction or division.
Noncommutative geometry is spatial and music is not, right?

And again, if the arbitrary assignment of letters to the scale were not as so then what conspiracy would you have? C4 is not C5.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

What geometry? I thought we're talking about music.Geometry is spatial. Didn't you dismiss my illustration as spatial?

The image you post is spatial - music is in time not space -- again C to G is 2:3 and G to C is 3:4 -- any musician knows that the G to C interval is a Perfect Fourth -- not a Perfect Fifth. Nice try though.

If you want to talk about commutative AxB=BxA if A=A and B=B. Now if C4 to G4 is 2:3 what difference does it make what G4 to C5 is or what G3 to C4 is? Doesn't any musician know that? I'm not aware of the commutative property of addition or multiplication being applicable to a musical scale anymore than to subtraction or division.
Noncommutative geometry is spatial and music is not, right?

And again, if the arbitrary assignment of letters to the scale were not as so then what conspiracy would you have? C4 is not C5.

Yes and no. Non-commutative geometry is applied to music theory by Daniel Lewin who notes that the Perfect Fifth is "unidirectional" and so this actually makes the "circle of fifths" non-commutative.

So yes it is non-commutative. But as you state we are not talking about geometry - instead we're talking about time. So even the use of non-commutative is only to demonstrate that it does not work for Western mathematics.

Non-commutative geometry is an attempt to unify quantum and classical physics but so far it is just an investigation that has failed. Still it is known in non-commutative geometry that music holds a special meaning in terms of quantum theory:

The book Triangle of Thoughts (2000) by top French quantum chaos mathematicians Alain Connes, Andrew Lichnerowicz and Marcel Paul Schutzenberger (M.P.S.) ends with a promotion of music theory as the secret key to solving humanity’s problems. The argument by Alain Connes is that music transmitted aurally is currently in the same stage as when people read out loud — as they did until the 12th Century A.D. Connes states people could, as conductor Solti did, read music scores and hear multiple texts in their head “that is inscribed in a time that would no longer be sequential, because a score is a multitude of chords, a tangle projected onto physical time of course, but that manifestly evolves in an higher dimensional space, giving rise to a variability much more pertinent to the description of individual time.”406

Alain Connes continues: And it could be formalized by music….I think we might succeed in this way to educate the human mind to deal with polyphonic situations in which several voices coexist, in which several states coexist, whereas our ordinary logic allows room for only one. Finally, we come back to the problem of adaptation, which has to be resolved in order for us to understand quantum correlation and interrelation which we discussed earlier, and which are fundamentally schizoid in nature. It is clear that logic will evolve in parallel with the development of quantum computers, just as it evolved with computer science. That will no doubt enable us to cross new borders and to better integrate the mathematical formalism of the quantum world into our metaphysical system.

In noncommutative geometry as developed by Alain Connes, 1 + 1 does not equal 2! Similarly the octave, 2, does not divide evenly or symmetrically between the Perfect fifth (C to G) and the Perfect fourth (G to C). In noncommutative harmonic analysis there is a reliance on finite topology instead of the infinite series of Fourier analysis. While noncommutative harmonic analysis is crucial to the Actual Matrix Plan, again the key difference is that it still relies on a Freemasonic “containment of infinity” just as Fourier analysis relies on inherent symmetry. All Western math is based on a “one to one correspondence” of phonetic symbol geometry back to number – even if it is noncommutative and infinite. In contrast nonwestern music relies on logical inference of infinity – the structure of nonwestern music inherently can not be visualized nor contained but it can be listened to or logically inferred.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

So even the use of non-commutative is only to demonstrate that it does not work for Western mathematics.

I'm just trying to point out why it "doesn't work". Noncommutative seems an illogical description TO ME which is why I keep trying to find out the signifigance of that label. In light of the fact that you call yin and yang noncommutative and I assume yin and yang are important to your beliefs I'm completely confused by what appears to be a criticism when it's western but somehow a positive thing for eastern.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong
reply to post by Americanist

Pressing a button with phase is not playing music.

I'm talking about listening to the source of sound. No instrument needed.

But hey if you really want to press a phase button -- by all means:

In 1994 Günter Nimtz and Horst Aichmann carried out a tunneling experiment at the laboratories of Hewlett-Packard after which Nimtz stated that the frequency modulated (FM) carrier wave transported the 40th symphony of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 4.7 times faster than light due to the effect of quantum tunneling.

However, Nimtz highlights that eventually the final tunneling time was always obtained by the Wigner phase time approach. In [6] and [17] Günter Nimtz outlines that such evanescent modes only exist in the classically forbidden region of energy. As a consequence they cannot be explained by classical physics nor by special relativity postulates: A negative energy of evanescent modes follows from the imaginary wave number, i.e. from the imaginary refractive index according to the Maxwell relation n := sqrt[epsilon_rmu_r] for electromagnetic and elastic fields. In his latest publication [22] Günter Nimtz again explicitly points out that tunneling indeed confronts special relativity and that any other statement must be considered incorrect. [edit] Related experiments It was later claimed by the Keller group in Switzerland that particle tunneling does indeed occur in zero real time.

Zero time. Zero phase. Or Superliminal Phase if you will:

Phase Velocity of de Broglie Waves

Superliminal phase as consciousness.

Zero Time as the foundation - The Sum of All Things Zero (Infinity)

The structural overlay included - System of Truth

I don't shy away from the quantum scale because it's all the same.

Modulation Enabling Multiple Channels on a Given Frequency
edit on 11-3-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So even the use of non-commutative is only to demonstrate that it does not work for Western mathematics.

I'm just trying to point out why it "doesn't work". Noncommutative seems an illogical description TO ME which is why I keep trying to find out the signifigance of that label. In light of the fact that you call yin and yang noncommutative and I assume yin and yang are important to your beliefs I'm completely confused by what appears to be a criticism when it's western but somehow a positive thing for eastern.

Non-commutative is the empirical truth while Western logic is commutative and therefore contrived.

So non-commutative means it can not be converted to a symmetric measurement system.

So consciousness can not be measured by technology yet quantum physics has shown it can be logically inferred -- as Bernard E'spagnat points out.

So the non-western music needs to be accepted and embraced for what it is -- which is the gateway to consciousness -- the secret of how sound turns into light energy.

So then how it "works" is the practice of listening to non-western music as complementary opposites -- of time and frequency -- or yin and yang.

I have given the audio samples from "Sounding the Depths" -- these are the intuitive natural overtones of the 1-4-5 music -- either basic instruments -- you asked how they are made -- so it's very basic using ratios that are number-based but not enclosed by geometry as commutative. So it's not based on phonetic language to "contain" the ratios of sound creation.

So then as the trance music is practiced it is passed on as energy transmission -- so to understand how it works then like practicing music you have to practice it. So then you need to get the "small universe" 12 music note practice c.d. for practicing the trance music of body-mind transformation -- the "infinite spiral of fifths" -- applied to the body and mind to create spirit light healing energy.

Or else there are the simple Tai-Chi standing exercises using the yin and yang of the left and right hand and the yin and yang of the upper and lower body.

So it's as if the body is a battery of electrolytes and by activating the understanding of complementary opposites and moving them then you are storing energy in the battery -- recharging it -- and the source of this energy is formless as consciousness -- it can not be seen but it can be heard.

So the other practice is to sit in full lotus as the Tetrahedron which is the equilateral triangle but not using irrational geometry -- it is understood as complementary opposites that resonates into the formless as the infinite potential -- light that goes faster than time -- non-local consciousness due to a holographic time reversal -- and space reversal.

This is also discovered in the recent sonofusion experiments -- which are either described as a quantum cavitation -- so that the surface area of the volume collapses at a faster rate than it expands -- and then the energy goes into the quantum entangled state to create fusion. Or else these sonofusion experiments are described as a folding of spacetime -- but again since quantum and relativity are not unified then consciousness can never be measured through technology.

So trance music as meditation to turn sound into light is the highest technology because we exist within consciousness so as consciousness resonating with itself it is an eternal process that activates precognition and telepathy and telekinesis and healing energy.

The central question in the analysis of the noncommutative leaf space of a foliation is step 3) (of section 2), namely the metric aspect which entails in particular constructing a spectral triple describing the transverse geometry. The reason why the problem is really difficult is that it essentially amounts to doing “metric” geometry on manifolds in a way which is “background independent” to use the terminology of physicists i.e. which is invariant under diffeomorphisms rather than covariant as in traditional Riemannian geometry. Indeed the transverse space of a foliation is a manifold endowed with the action of a large pseudo group of partial diffeomorphisms implementing the holonomy.

So that's non-commutative geometry as an extension of Heisenberg by Alain Connes

In contrast the Law of Phase Harmony states there is a superliminal pilot wave that can only be measured after the fact -- so with technology it can not be measured "in real time." That means that as frequency goes up then time also goes up by slowing down and expanding -- which is noncommutative with wavelength being inverse to frequency.

So it is consciousness that creates light as a holograph.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

practice is practice in the context of time.. so i guess i will practice if time allows. Right? Maybe i can make time for some practice?

I'm a non-existent being with the ability to experience (a reflection of) eternity in the context of time.
Not THE eternal being (Truth) experiencing time.

Hard to admit i know.. impossible really.. non-commutative i guess.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Your talking about music theory he isn't, simple, I'm a musician and understand perfectly well about what u are saying, but this thread isn't about music theory, it's a different theory completely, biological theory maybe religious theory, I don't know but I'd you try to tie it into the theory of making music then you are gonna miss the point. And the tritons isn't used much because it doesnt sound appealing I'm sure you could try to make it mainstream, but it will fail, haha, gross tritones

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tritan

I am talking about music but not really theory.

I am using theory to dismiss other theories -- because people have been mind controlled to think music as sound is time as geometry.

Time is not geometry. So I am talking about the music of trance music used to make healing light energy as consciousness -- and it is the secret to 90% of human history. The Bushmen culture of Africa. After that it spread around the world as indigenous shamanism.

So if you want to hear the music then I recommend the audio samples -- about 80 of them -- on the blog Sounding the Depths blog book audio examples here

So that's real music -- no theory needed. It is based on the 1-4-5 music intervals as yin and yang and Emptiness as consciousness.

Not as 1-4-5 being turned into irrational geometry.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

practice is practice in the context of time.. so i guess i will practice if time allows. Right? Maybe i can make time for some practice?

I'm a non-existent being with the ability to experience (a reflection of) eternity in the context of time.
Not THE eternal being (Truth) experiencing time.

Hard to admit i know.. impossible really.. non-commutative i guess.

Since light is based on time-frequency uncertainty then light as consciousness is an eternal process of creation and destruction.

So the practice is the goal -- eternally. The truth is the process as the practice -- eternally.

Again the biggest problem in the West is thinking of eternal truth as a static state of space - instead it is holographic as time -- so the future is reversed back into the past -- eternally.

This is impersonal consciousness that's why it's called the Emptiness -- it is experienced in deep dreamless sleep that we have to get every night.

So sleeping is natural meditation. When it is done while awake then it's true nature is realized as the process of making healing light energy as awareness - holographic awareness.

I remember thinking, if the Devil is that good, I don't have a chance

Real consciousness is light awareness that we realize when we die but also if we maintain awareness while in deep dreamless sleep.
edit on 12-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

This is from page 2, didn't catch it before.

But it's wrong -- it goes against the real mathematics because the ratio 2:3 does not divide equally into 1:2

Did you mean to say this? Isn't 1/2 divided by 2/3 equal to 3/4? Does this matter? Did I miscalculate?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

This is from page 2, didn't catch it before.

But it's wrong -- it goes against the real mathematics because the ratio 2:3 does not divide equally into 1:2

Did you mean to say this? Isn't 1/2 divided by 2/3 equal to 3/4? Does this matter? Did I miscalculate?

O.K. if you just you numbers that is one thing. Western mathematics as algebraic geometry relies on lining numbers up with phonetic symbols based on the commutative property.

Significantly the division of the fourth and fifth is by the harmonic mean. (8) From Archytas' writings this might well be expected, for it was he who renamed the subcontrary mean harmonic because of its use in music, and he is responsible for the proof that no supraparticular ratio can be divided into equal rational parts. (9) If superparticular ratios cannot thus be divided it follows that for Archytas the most important method of division is the harmonic. It appears that superparticular ratios were felt to produce "natural" musical intervals throughout the whole development of Greek theory from Pythagoras to Ptolemy. This conflict between Aristoxenus and the harmonists is really a quarrel between practicality and analytical precision. (10) When Pythagoras divided the octave he discovered the ratios for fourth and fifth; and these, 3/2 and 4/3, are superparticular. Hippasus and Philolaus show interest in superparticular ratios and the harmonic mean, and the attention paid to superparticular ratios and the harmonic mean, and the attention paid to superparticular ratios in the mathematical theory of irrationals has a background of practical music theory. (11)

So 3/2 and 4/3 are superparticular which means they can not be divided into equal rational parts so then the harmonic mean is used.

So harmonic mean is also called "subcontrary." Why?

The term subcontrary may refer to the fact that a tone based on this mean reverses the order of the two fundamental music intervals in a scale.

So that is what non-commutative refers to -- when the order is reversed then the value of the interval changes.

So there is no rational geometric mean between superparticular ratios then the order must be reversed to get the rational division.

So we think of this in terms of geometry but actually it's in terms of frequency and wavelength.

So the order of time is being reversed. It's not just a geometric ratio. The inverse of 3/2 as C to G is 2/3 as F to C. That is non-commutative. It's the same C -- because C to G as 3/2 is the frequency whereas C to G as 2/3 is the wavelength. So that's why 2/3 is not allowed as frequency -- the "time" is closed off -- artificially -- into geometry. That is the "bait and switch" -- so the frequency is doubled so that C to G is 3/2 and G to C is 4/3. Or again C to G is 3/2 and F to C is 2/3 which is doubled as C to F is 4/3. F to C is the subharmonic of C to G. So by reversing the time direction then the geometric value is reversed -- 3/2 is C to G and 2/3 is F to C. Again it's the same C.

edit on 13-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The Holographic reality is a reflection of Reality in a holographic mirror. It is not actual. Truth is not a hologram.

Do you believe that time is both infinite and definite?

The Devil is that good. And guess who he is?

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join