It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum revives campaign with wins in Colorado, Missouri and Minnesota

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wash Post Link

I am actually a Ron Paul fan, but I have to say that I am surprised that nobody here on ATS has posted anything about this. To me it seems like a big deal that Santorum won three states tonight. What do ATS people think about Santorum. He is second to Ron Paul for me, but way ahead of Romney and Gingrich.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

This is the land of Ron Paul. You won't get any love for Santorum here, that's for sure!

Except from me! S&F!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Obama's health care bill forcing Catholic universities and Catholic hospitals to pay for something against their religious beliefs in violation of one of the amendments of the constitution, freedom of religion. Apparently Mitt had a similar health care requirement in his state. I did read that he vetoed it but it was easily overturned. People may have doubts about Mitt now. I heard Catholic priests across the nation announced to all Catholics in church this past weekend about this violation of the amendment to our constitution. Santorum is Catholic. Our constitition is getting shredded and suddenly more people have become aware of our government shredding our rights. If this is the reason Santorum won, it speaks poorly of Obama's chances. Catholics are a large voting group.

I saw on the news tonight or the other night when they were talking about it and the media showed a group of girls who thought the Catholic university should be required to provide them contraceptives saying most Catholics use it anyway. I disagree. They can pay for it themselves. Freedom of religion is in the constitution so Catholic administrations should have the right to only pay for what their religious beliefs allow. If not, Obama is denying freedom of religion. I'm against the mandatory health care law in the first place.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I agree. No love for Santorum. It's remarkable how terrifying all three of the other candidates are, but there's something even more creepy about Santorum and how he feels he can wield federal power to convert the masses to his morality. He believes that's a role of the government.

www.youtube.com...

[gratuitous link to personal blog removed]

edit on 2/8/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

What is this world coming too? Santorum? Really? Wtf how? Why?!

Even Newt Gingrich, who in their right mind would vote for that guy? Romney I get why people would vote for him but the other two? Makes me believe this game is rigged

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by ProfATS

This is the land of Ron Paul. You won't get any love for Santorum here, that's for sure!

Except from me! S&F!

Ron Paul owns the internet this much is true.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Who better to keep a certain radical element hopeful as this religio-corprate juggernaut calling themselves The Republican Party, roles is merry way across the landscape of political debate.
Might they go so far as allowing Santorum to look like a VP contender?
Let's see.
Any bets?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Santorum VP??

I know there is a long way to go but Santorum (hell...all of the candidates) are slaughtering RP!!

The new delegate count is:

Romney - 101
Santorum - 87
Gingrich -32
Paul - 9

If RP picks up a few more delegates he might qualify to be the Vice President's Chief of Staff!! Bah..hahah!

edit on 8-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Wow!

Santorum has a lot of Delegates........

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

The cash-strapped candidate chose to skip ahead in the primary calendar to court conservative electorates in the three states that voted Tuesday — Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri — while GOP front-runner Mitt Romney and chief challenger Newt Gingrich battled each other in the expensive state of Florida.

Santorum's gamble paid off. He won all three.

Santorum's gamble pays off

Actually,it was a smart move.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
joe is a theocrat and an authoritarian type right winger... i think ron pauls constituency will not vote for him. also if you consider his demeanor, i can only imagine him on a stage against the ice cool obama, gritting his teeth and talking like its 1957... obamma probably threw a party tonight...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Out of the present choices,Santorum is better the Rhino Romney and Long established politician Newt, who cheats on his wives. This is a Republican primary so I really could care less what any liberal has to say about him now.
I'll vote for RP and then Santorum. Newt and Mitt won't be getting my vote even if they win the primary.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If this is going to become the Santorum thread, may I ask a question? What's wrong with voting for Santorum? And please, don't bother saying he's going to force his morality on everyone. The president can't do that. And he's not a right-wing dictator.

We know about Ron Paul's policies, which of Santorum's stands are wrong? (Again, realizing that personal beliefs are not the same as enacted laws.)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfATS
Wash Post Link

I am actually a Ron Paul fan, but I have to say that I am surprised that nobody here on ATS has posted anything about this. To me it seems like a big deal that Santorum won three states tonight. What do ATS people think about Santorum. He is second to Ron Paul for me, but way ahead of Romney and Gingrich.

This all bad news for Gordon Gekko / Mitt Romney.

The era of Mitt Romney inevitability has come to an end.

The American people have spoken in Colorado, Minnesota & Missouri.

- We don't like Mitt Romney. -

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
If this is going to become the Santorum thread, may I ask a question? What's wrong with voting for Santorum? And please, don't bother saying he's going to force his morality on everyone. The president can't do that. And he's not a right-wing dictator.

We know about Ron Paul's policies, which of Santorum's stands are wrong? (Again, realizing that personal beliefs are not the same as enacted laws.)

Rick Santorum is looking pretty good right now.

I guess the Romney SuperPac is thinking about carpet bombing Rick Santorum soon.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If I didn't know better I would almost think the GOP is holding some sort of backstage lottery to divvy up the votes shaved away from RP to go to the other candidates just to keep the race "interesting." I am, and will always be, for the candidate that will likely bring about the most personal liberty. It's too bad that so many people feel that is a bad thing, that people cannot be trusted to carry themselves with any modicum of civility if left to their own devices.

It doesn't require devotion to religious principles to have personal integrity, feel compassion and empathy for fellow man, or to act in a civil manner. Indeed, looking at behavior of religious leaders, one could conclude those attributes do not walk hand-in-hand.

I do not get the impression from Santorum that he would trust the American people to have or to act with any great amount of self-determination. I'm sure he could be trusted to give the people any choices or opinions he and the string-pullers feel they should have.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
What's wrong with voting for Santorum? And please, don't bother saying he's going to force his morality on everyone. The president can't do that. And he's not a right-wing dictator.

No, not yet, of course. What leads you to believe that might be an issue?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

santorum is a RiNo... he will use government as his personal play thing...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

in most of these cases, personal freedon translates to absolute corporate domination, who try their hardest to limit you freedom so you are strong armed into doing business with the elites.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm thinking that Mitt is in shock and Newt is FROSTED!
Seriously though ... of the three of them, Santorum is the least bad choice. He hasn't got enough experience for my taste ... but he isn't as dirty as the other two. I was glad to see him shake things up a bit. And his wins were a slap in the face to Sarah Palin and her non-endorsement endorsement of Newt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join