It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Of Mexico Impact Site?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This first image is of the gulf taken from google earth

This next image is what i think happend. the impact came in from the direction of the black arrow ( forgive my paint skills ) the red arrows show the direction of the out ward blast. the yellow arrow is the resulting inward water flow.

This last pic shows how the earth and water flowed back in. The earth is in red showing the flow back in from the mexico side, and the abrupt sea shelf where the blast went up ward. the black shows where the water flow back in to the crater thus not resulting in the same out ward blast pattern shown in red. so what you see is two lips almost opposite of each other right at the mouth. this happens when rushing water has a back flow at a choke point. so it just a flat debris field.

here is a similar impact with a small one after just like the gulf and the smaller Chicxulub crater

3.bp.blogspot.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Any input is welcome.

thank you for your time.

edit on 2/7/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What impact was this?

I think I've missed something

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Really cool images and your "paint job" is ok too....

Do you have a point though? Not to be rude. But you probably should set this thread in a direction. I would love to hear your opinion as to the significance of the images.

Love
Red

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Never mind... Just read the Wiki link. See... Thats what happens when you miss a few days. Leaves you convinced the world is about to end.

Interesting. S&F for you my friend.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

search is your friend

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
what we are looking at is the dredging caused by the Miss. river during the great floor. Look at the erosion seen in Montana and N.Dakota. It tells the story

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
im trying to look at the big picture the impact site that they think hit the tip of the yucatan was just the smaller impact. im thinking the whole gulf was an impact site as shown in the first to last link. im trying to get an opinion. im trying 5to link some things together. like the new madrid fault line points right at it but there it not plate movement to cause it. so what im asking is has any one found soil samples from florida that march the east side of mexico. and the mississippi river flows right in to it. from the plain on down the central us points to the gulf. so im just trying to see if the makes sense to any one but me. i know its a big question im asking but im sure there is info out there that i havent found yet. so im asking you great people

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Your theory is absolutely valid as far as I can see.

The only question I would raise relates to the size of the impact. It seems to me that the Gulf may have preexisted the impact, and the impact only affected the top of the peninsula.

But the water flows and shape of the cratering do support your thesis.

Good work.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
im thinking it is the shape of it as well as the mass. im thinking a large( miles wide ) not so dence asteroid. maybe shaped like a bus or a bolo. the heavy side hit first snaps the top off and creates the smaller impact on the ycatan. a "double impact" if you will.

www.space.com...

www.astro.uu.se...
edit on 7-2-2012 by omegacorps because: second link. 3d model

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I actually live inside the rim of an ancient impact crater at the mouth of the Chesapeake bay.

I live near the little dot that shows Langley /NASA .
I just learned of this impact crater during this past year.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If the asteroid was of sufficient mass or had sufficient momentum, it would not be trapped in the crust but would have penetrated well below it.

If such were the case, perhaps the peninsula did not exist prior to the impact but was uplifted as the asteroid ploughed-in?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

yeah i was thinking the same thing. the yucatan is hard rock. many bedrock caves. im thinking it first impact had gotten smashed up against it and whipped the top of it off to make the second smaller impact site im thinking the asteroid was more like pumice insted of a solid iron, gold, or lead.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
While it's a good theory, I'm reasonably certain it's not the correct one, OP. I'm not sure how you got a crater out of the Gulf Basin here, you can't ignore the continental shelf sticking out like a sore thumb

For future reference, here's a link to the Wiki page on the Gulf of Mexico. It mentions the widely discredited theory you're presenting.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

thank you much. like i said it's just in my head so i looked where i could and then asked the masses.

more things to come.

edit on 7-2-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The rocks tell the tale and a impact the size of the gulf would leave impact shocked rocks around it

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Funny, ever since I was a kid I always thought the gulf of Mexico looked like a crater. Then when I learned that an impact there is what may have caused the dinosaurs to go extinct I though hey cool I was right... then I found that it was a much smaller crater on the Yucatan they were talking about.

Going to read the links in the previous post to learn more about this, thanks for sharing and reminding me that I always wondered about it. It really does look like a crater though, a huge one. Assume if it was, then the impact would have been somthing fierce!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
im not so sure the small impact was the " big one " of its time.

en.wikipedia.org...

and this one has stood the test of time, but Chicxulub crater did not?

en.wikipedia.org...

you can see the rendition and it has a shock wave directing to the south/south east. and the wave dose not represent a solid impact you can see it pushed a bit. and the gravity anomaly i would think since there is no wide crater that it was pushed between the crust layers and shows up under there. could be a large gulf ( butterfly ) impact or a " double impact " the link dose not tell the angle but you can see in the rendition that bad boy left a long wake behind it. what shows up on land because of a cavitation up lift ( hence the yucatan caverns ) then it settled.

just clear your mind an picture a massive asteroid ripping toward the gulf the massive pressure wave around it pressing down on the american plains. it smashes in to the gulf ( preexisting gulf ) logging it self in the crust.
i would bet my eleventh toe that Chicxulub crater was not the the killer. shoot an air soft at a melon and watch it make a tectonic plate that the earth must deal with.

it is not natural.

i would love to take soil samples. im trying to fund that.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

there is traces of falling matter from this impact around the world. all im saying is they are looking where the " mass " of the left over meteorite is whats showing up under Chicxulub crater. its like getting a grape to be thrown in to a cake and it hitting that nice middle frosting layer. it hit the soft water table and kept going and the heat pressed through along with the in flow of water to make the massive caves in the area. this would lead the mayans to be drawn to that sole water source. and there interested in the under world.

please look at the big picture

maybe the stellar object was shaped like a pyramid?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

that might be what made new orleans. see as it is still working its way to get above sea level

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
reply to post by rebellender

that might be what made new orleans. see as it is still working its way to get above sea level

Not exactly. New Orleans is sinking, not attempting to rise. Humans draining the wetlands & walling it off with levees, creating subsidence in a soup bowl, is the root cause of why NOLA is the way it is.
NOLA.gov info

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join