It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A song i started writing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
its instrumentals and has room for verses. let me know what yah think. Cheers

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If you want a hit try finding 'the manual.how to have a number one it.' by the guys behind KLF. it was even used recently with the JCB single. so it still works. i think thats the title. check it out.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Some nice guitar work going on in there, quite reminiscent of John Frusciante's licks back in the earlier days of Red Hot Chili Peppers. As for verses, no idea but I think some kind of musical change would be handy too. Ie, go from the meat of the track you posted and take it in a slightly different direction for a chorus or something. Possibly a bridge? I don't have the terminology as you can see.

Cool though, nice stuff. Sounds like you are on the right path. Good Luck!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think it's blooming fantastic.

Really.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

im kinda confused on your post? does it sound like something else, that has already been made?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Brilliant. Smoooooooth and sweeeeet guitar there, man!

I like the move into the B part. Superb riff.

Have an idea for some lyrics. Would be starting off with pretty bluesy style, very short lines, coming in after a few bars of the opening A section. Something like "I don't need you / I don't want you / You play your games / Now it's over."

Something along those lines. Then into the B section with either the same repeated but much more powerful (not screaming it out but getting close -- a dude who's reached the limit of patience!), then calms down again as it goes back into the A. And so on.

I'd love to hear a longer version of this to try and get something solid down for you. It would be good if you could repeat both the A to lengthen it for lyrics, and then also the B part riffs, and maybe run the final B into a coda with some argpeggio runs up the fretboard if you think that would work. Not trying to tell you what to do with your own work
, just saying how I "hear" it in my head. But yeah, I can move to it and would love to lay down some vocals for it if possible. I know some guys here who'd give me studio time to record some vocals, if I can supply them the backing track.

However as you might be a singer yourself I wouldn't want to preempt you on that score! But yeah I'd be glad to collaborate and get some lyrics down if you're interested.

By all means message me if you'd like to discuss it further.

Oh and BTW what guitar are you using? You have it set up really nice.
Mike
edit on 7/2/12 by JustMike because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

yeah. i love john fruciante. i just started it last night..im definitely gonna add a bridge and chorus. im just starting atleast 10 songs for this cd im gonna make. then ill go back to the songs with a fresh mind and different moods to finish the songs.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Man, what are you doing here, I checked out some of your other youtube vids..

What are you doing here??? Who are you really? You're certainly not the typical "I'm writing a song... what do you think?" dude, you're bloody talented!!

Taylor, I think a name to watch for !!!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

that's sounds wonderful mike! and im using vox ac30 with slight delay and treble boost with drive.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

well thank you! i just love to create music and i only create it when its all emotion. i don't believe artist should force their art out. It should be from your heart and soul. thanks for listening!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

I just listened to your other piece The End. I absolutely love it. You must have channelled this.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

thank you! i honestly dont remember how to play that. That was all completely done from feeling. didn't even plan it. i just hit record and started playing

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wow! Wonderful! Keep up the good work!!!

top topics

join