It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with my recorded video games

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hey Can someone help me please? for some reason every time i upload a gameplay video to youtube lately they screw up and wont work properly in HD?i dont understand why becouse when i first got it a few weeks ago the video's i put on youtube worked perfectly untill i had to get my laptop reset through the hard drive frying.

BTW its from a hauppauge HD PVR

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
im guessing your answer will be found in your video or upload settings

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
im guessing your answer will be found in your video or upload settings
They are exactly the same as before

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
sry double post
edit on 6-2-2012 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Try uploading it to another video hosting site and see what happens, if it works fine then blame google. a.k.a youtube

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
Try uploading it to another video hosting site and see what happens, if it works fine then blame google. a.k.a youtube
Nice idea i didnt think of that but theres only 1 problem...i dont know of any others lol

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It could be a error in the header. Seems odd, but if you are sure that the settings are the same(this was my first thought too) then there isn't much else it can be unless you have a hardware fault.

If it is just the header.....Open the video file with an editor and save it in a different format. Re-open the new file and save it(again) in the format you want to upload with.

Hardware faults are commonplace on a PC. The fried HD may have damaged the mobo/cpu/gpu/ram. There are a number of diagnostic proggies that will check your system from the BIOS and up. I would be checking for a hardware fault if the above (header prob) doesn't fix it.

Good luck.

OA

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo

Nice idea i didnt think of that but theres only 1 problem...i dont know of any others lol

Try this

www.shutterfly.com...

www.liveleak.com...

they are two im familiar with. im sure there are more out there...simply search "free video hosting"

Take a glance at these sites, im sure you will find something there.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-2-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks man but i have tried this a few times with a battlefield 3, f1 2011 and a MW2 video but it didnt work
i dont understand what is wrong the HD PVR is 2-3 weeks old now and works perfectly and the video's on my laptop run very very good its just when i put the video on my youtube page infact ill post my channel so you can see what i mean they run fine in SD but put them in HD and it screws up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Does the video playback ok from the original file before it was uploaded to youtube?

If it plays back ok on your pc/mac and is not working when uploading to youtube then it could be the method of upload. I think it could be that you are encoding using a different codec than the codec you used before the hard drive got wiped and when youtube is converting it to .flv format it's struggling to convert the codec.

Need more information like what application you are using to capture the footage, what codec you are encoding the video to etc..

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Try this

www.shutterfly.com...

www.liveleak.com...

they are two im familiar with. im sure there are more out there...simply search "free video hosting"

Take a glance at these sites, im sure you will find something there.

en.wikipedia.org...
Thank you

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

That link just takes us to our own upload page. You need to send the link to the video itself.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
reply to post by LvSLoLo

That link just takes us to our own upload page. You need to send the link to the video itself.
Ok sry

www.youtube.com...

That is the latest video i uploaded few hours ago

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Indeed it does seem like a compression problem. As the above poster mentioned perhaps its your hadd or perhaps its your gfx card or simply you might need to re-install the program your using to capture the frames. But either way you should make a short video and upload it to some other sites, see what the results are. Try out vimeo they seem to have a stable vid engine.

Yep, your fps issues begin from 720 upwards, to me its seems like your gfx or hdd isnt handling the fps load, then again it can simply be that youtube is ruining it. But again, try it within another video site, thats the best way to find out if anything is wrong. Simple uploads, nice and short max out definition and see what you get. If you do it, post em up here, would like to see the results.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

reply to post by LvSLoLo

Indeed it does seem like a compression problem. As the above poster mentioned perhaps its your hadd or perhaps its your gfx card or simply you might need to re-install the program your using to capture the frames. But either way you should make a short video and upload it to some other sites, see what the results are. Try out vimeo they seem to have a stable vid engine.

Yep, your fps issues begin from 720 upwards, to me its seems like your gfx or hdd isnt handling the fps load, then again it can simply be that youtube is ruining it. But again, try it within another video site, thats the best way to find out if anything is wrong. Simple uploads, nice and short max out definition and see what you get. If you do it, post em up here, would like to see the results.
Im just going to try the vimeo website and if it doesnt work properly ill re-install like you said hopefully that will sort the problem

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

My suggestion would be try either saving the original file into another file format, if you can save it as an FLV file then that would be the best format to save it as.
Stay away from AVI though as it really depends on what codec packs you have installed on your system and they tend to cause the most conversion problems. If you're using H264 use a common format such as Quicktime MP4.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Yep, dont forget to turn off antiviurs stuff ..simply try and keep the system as clean and simple as possible. But yeah, try vimeo...they have a clean engine.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by LvSLoLo

Yep, dont forget to turn off antiviurs stuff ..simply try and keep the system as clean and simple as possible. But yeah, try vimeo...they have a clean engine.
Ahhh could that be the problem? i have a diffirent anti virus could that stop clean uploads?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

reply to post by LvSLoLo

Ahhh could that be the problem? i have a diffirent anti virus could that stop clean uploads?

When i watch online HD videos i always close the antivirus. When i ever i forget to close it the video play good then its starts to start stop start stop...so thats when i remember to shut it down. So yeah, shut it down and see what happens.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Nice 1 thanks

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join