It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help needed concerning photographs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I made a thread of an interesting stone I found. I took photos with my phone camera and as expected the result was fuzzy and not good enough for anybody to say for certain if I have stumbled across an ancient artifact or a simple stone.
So, I went and borrowed a better quality camera and took some very sharp photos of the stone. But the problem is that the photos are too good, the size of the file is too big to ATS.

Can somebody help me with tips about what to do with those photos, is there ways to make them smaller in file size without making the quality poor?
Thanks in advance! Im dying to know if its something I should send to some geologist or archeologist and hint that they might want to go digging this place I found it

Im not good with photoshopping software so try to put it as simple as possible..

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Go here

photoshop-online.com...

Upload, make them 72dpi 10cm x15cm and you will be fine.

Upload them to a free file sharing site and your done

Free file sharing. www.imageshack.us
edit on 6-2-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Thank you very much. I will try my best, may take some time..but I will get it done. Thanks mate.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Thank you very much. I will try my best, may take some time..but I will get it done. Thanks mate.

Anytime, simply make sure the width isn't over 10cm. When you upload out of the list it gives you, you choose the list with the " Forums " in it, it think it the third or fourth or fifth from the list.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Simple, email me a few of the pics, I'll resize them and send them right back. I'm a pro retoucher for a newspaper group, and I'm at my desk now. U2U me and I'll reply with my email. It will take 5 min, tops.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
*nevermind*
edit on 6/2/12 by Evasius because: *nevermind*

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
In my search for new techniques and methods on killing threads, I discovered a unique and novel approach to achieve 100% success with absolutely minimal effort - I offer help, and then watch it die. Oh the delight. The silence was immediate and lasting!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

sorry, I was already gone manipulating the photos smaller. Thanks anyway, very kind offer!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
No worries, if the need for image enhancement ever arises again, just send me a U2U. I'll be happy to to it.

new topics

top topics

join