It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Obama Deserve A Second term?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
These are the top 10 reasons why I will vote for him.

1. He ended the Iraq War.

2. He saved the american auto industry.

3. He has created over 3.5 million jobs in the last 22 months

4. Fights for middle class tax breaks.

5 Reformed don't ask don't tell..

6.His Military killed Bin Laden.

7. A plan to leave Afghanistan.

8. Financial reform.

9. Health Care Reform.

10. Has a strong foreign policy.

Please post your opinion with facts only and try to keep it civil.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975

Please post your opinion with facts only and try to keep it civil.

What are the requirements in order to ensure that something is in fact, a fact?

Cuz they said so?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
#1 reason I will NOT vote for him: Healthcare reform. It is seriously going to hurt the small business I work for, that currently pays all of our insurance for employees.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

how will it hurt ur company? sorry to hear that.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Did Carter deserve a second term? Whatever this man is running on isn't worth my time to hear. Why? He isn't a new candidate trying to tell us what he'll do. He's an incumbent sitting on over 3 years of decline and slide into a mess to set records. Whatever he says he'll do, I ask why it hasn't already been done. Whatever he says was a mistake, I ask why he has never, ONCE, claimed responsibility in even the most casual way for ANYTHING he or his people have done wrong.

Mickey Mouse could run against Obama at this point, and I'd settle in for 4 years of mouse jokes and cheese surpluses. ANYTHING but Obama! Not because he's as far left as one gets while still walking upright, and it sure has NOTHING to do with his RACE. Cain was my fall back until we learned his dirty secrets. He looked black at last I checked.

So.. No.. Obama not only doesn't deserve another term, he deserves an honor few ever get while still alive. He deserves to see his name become a part of the lexicon. 'I got Obama'ed!', shall be the sound across the land when someone has gotten GOOD and screwed. Carter's name didn't fit..it just doesn't carry the ring. Barry's does/

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

No.

Don't need a second. (line or term)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Starting 2014, our company will no longer be able to write off the healthcare as a deduction (part of the reason they pay it all now) and in fact can be penalized for not making us pay a part of the bill. This is from our accountants.
How much bull is that?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So that's a no vote for you. While I disagree with your statement of a 3 year decline. I believe the facts and charts I have seen say that we are on the incline not decline. Adding jobs, Corporate profits at all time highs and the economy is growing at over 2% per quarter which could be better but stilll growing.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Ya thats stinks while over 14 million people that were unable to get insurance will have it there is defiantly some problems that come with the positives and it sounds like you are getting hit with a negative im not saying its perfect far from it but it has positives also with the negatives and i would like to see it improved but with the divided house and senate i dont think it will happen.
insuring 14 million more people letting young people stay on there parents insurance while in college and making it where insurance company cant use preexisting conditions to denie coverage to very sick people is the positives your story is a prime example of the negatives.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Yes, he does deserve a second term, for all the reasons you stated in your OP as well as many more.

Furthermore, I expect that he will get a lot more accomplished as a lame duck POTUS just because he won't feel so obligated to compromise with the republicans as re-election will no longer be a consideration. I fully expect to finally see the fighting side of Obama like never before and maybe, just maybe, we can get some real "change."

F&S for the OP.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Why yes, indeed. A No vote is a safe assumption.

That is the joy of America though isn't it? I cheered when Bush won in 2000, despite many others thinking the world as they knew it had ended. By the end of his 8 years...I pretty well agree with them, too.

You like Obama though..and I hate him at least as much as anyone ever hated Bush, yet...Friends we can still be. Yes, America is a great nation at times..despite itself.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
#1 reason I will NOT vote for him: Healthcare reform. It is seriously going to hurt the small business I work for, that currently pays all of our insurance for employees.

Please explain why and how this is going to hurt them.

Please give details about the business and how many employees they have.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by pez1975

Starting 2014, our company will no longer be able to write off the healthcare as a deduction (part of the reason they pay it all now) and in fact can be penalized for not making us pay a part of the bill. This is from our accountants.
How much bull is that?

I honestly think your employer is lying to you...or they have really really bad accountants.

I know of nothing in the health care reform bill that penalizes businesses for providing health insurance. If you have the specific pieces of legislation...please link me.

It may be true that your employer may get a BIGGER tax credit than he is now if you pay part of it...or actually he may get the same tax credit whether he pays it all or half of it under the new law. You said he only pays all of it so he can benefit from it...so if he can benefit the same by making you guys pay some...he still gets the same benefit and he doesn't have to pay as much.

So this may not be a case of the health care reform penalizing your employer...it may be a case of your employer just giving you the shaft.

edit on 6-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Why not to vote for Obama, what really happened

1. He ended the Iraq War.
(he was suppose to do it 3 years ago, did it on George Bushes original time table, no points for Obama)

2. He saved the american auto industry.
Saving private industry is not the job of the government. (Obama spend $60 billion of taxpayer money and the USA is still holding $23 billion of that debt which may never be recoverable). Instead of following bankruptcy rules, he gave nothing to the bond holders (you and grandma who hold this stock in retirement because it was stable) who are suppose to get paid first during a bankruptcy, gave the Unions $10 billion which they should not get. This illegal action just helps Obama get Union votes.) Just because a company is going bankrupt does not mean that it is going away since there were other companies wanting to buy GM, but they were not allowed to do so. Ford did not take any money and it is doing fine, yet us taxpayers put Ford at risk by helping GM.

3. He has created over 3.5 million jobs in the last 22 months:
What? Go to data.bls.gov... and look at table LNS12000000 for when he took office 1/2009 employment was 142,187,000 while now, in 1/2012 employment is 141,637,000, a LOSS of 550,000 jobs over the past 3 years. Your 3.5 million jobs created is a phony number (like Obama created 3.5 million jobs while simultaneously loosing 4.1 million jobs - typical spin bull).
The government did hire 160,000 new employees over the past 3 years when it should be shrinking.
Government does not create jobs since they take resources away from the private sector.
Obama also spend $1.5 TRILLION more than we take in per year, every year, since he was elected (on track to overspend by $6.2 TRILLION total of his 4 year term), no budget done for over 1,000 days.
If Obama wanted to really create jobs, he would take away the 7 million jobs being illegally held by illegal aliens in the USA-it is easy to do via e-verify and Social Security mismatches.

4. Fights for middle class tax breaks.
If you earn under $50,000 with a family you pay nothing! But you should because that would BE FAIR.

5 Reformed don't ask don't tell.
The pink military uniforms are being prepared. 30% of the military polled said that they would quit if the homos were allowed. No one wants to get a battlefield transfusion due to the higher percentage of homos that have Aids.

Sorry, my military killed Bin Laden and all other bad guys, Democrats has always been hurting the military.
Obummer waited several months before allowing the military to go in.

7. A plan to leave Afghanistan.
Just make it happen already.

8. Financial reform.
Dodd-Frank is horrible and will be repealed. As it is, both these guys, Chris Dodd and Barney Frank caused the financial problems by forcing the banks to give loans to unqualified persons: poor and illegals. They should have gone to jail.

9. Health Care Reform.
The best way to get rid of Obama and this law is to implement it now and have the taxpayers scream. What has not been said is that when started in 2013, not only will you have to pay your current health insurance per month (mine is $500/month), but also start paying for the government health insurance (an additional $400/month for a far worst plan) but you get no governmental health insurance for two years, you just get billed for it. In another word, I would be paying almost double $900/month for two years and not getting anything than I get now. Since most of the country is living paycheck to paycheck, I'll bet that this will be such a giant uproar, this plan will be gutted or eliminated.

10. Has a strong foreign policy.
Saved the funniest for last. Obama helped Arab countries become controlled by Islamacists, not good. Hates Israel, Israel hates him. Europe has turned on him now after telling them to overspend like him.
Europe is happy because they are glad Obama is not their leader and that by Obama destroying America, it makes Europe stronger.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

5 Reformed don't ask don't tell.
The pink military uniforms are being prepared. 30% of the military polled said that they would quit if the homos were allowed. No one wants to get a battlefield transfusion due to the higher percentage of homos that have Aids.

Wow...just wow. I am actually very glad that you are not an Obama supporter. I would have to question my own sanity if that were the case.

9. Health Care Reform.
The best way to get rid of Obama and this law is to implement it now and have the taxpayers scream. What has not been said is that when started in 2013, not only will you have to pay your current health insurance per month (mine is $500/month), but also start paying for the government health insurance (an additional $400/month for a far worst plan) but you get no governmental health insurance for two years, you just get billed for it. In another word, I would be paying almost double $900/month for two years and not getting anything than I get now. Since most of the country is living paycheck to paycheck, I'll bet that this will be such a giant uproar, this plan will be gutted or eliminated.

Ummmm...yeah...there is no "government health insurance" that exists, let alone that you are required to buy.

You are clearly mis-informed...you may want to rectify that.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
At best, he deserves a second term.

At worst, he's a helluva lot better than anything the GOP is putting up against him.

He has my vote.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i think there just needs to be 1 term thats 6 years long. 2 years to get in step with things an 4 to get it done. no need to blow a year on re election. you get the same time you would with 2 term prez.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think P.T. Barnum was wrong.

There's a sucker born about every 23 seconds.

Maybe it's speeding up since we're so close to the end?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

It was an honest question.

You don't want to answer it?
Or
You don't know how to answer it?

You said that you only want to discuss opinions, which are based on facts.
It is my opinion, that this↓ is not a fact, since there is no proof of it actually occurring.

It kind of defeats the purpose, if you are able to just pick and choose, to decide which supposed facts are legitimate.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

Man, where do you come up with that crap? Do you really think that just because you go around repeating made-up lies that they will somehow become truth?

I've heard that you right-wingers are being forced to make up a candidate to run against because you can't run against Obama's real record, but this is ridiculous.

If I were you, I'd get in line for a ticket to Newt's moon base. Sounds like just the spot for those of you who insist on acting as if you come from another planet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join