It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October Surprise?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
A new website, www.nametheoctobersurprise.com, has begun to take submissions on the oft touted "October Surprise", a device used by incumbent administrations to strengthen their position too late for the opposition to respond to before the election. The website names Henry Kissinger's 1972 announcement that "Peace is at hand," in reference to the Vietnam War. The website offers a gift package from Air America Radio, and a chance to appear on one of the Liberal programs on Air America to the winner of the contest.

Interesting site for those who believe that "something" will happen, pre-election, to help Bush get re-elected.

P.S. The "Osmam Bin Laden" will be caught, entry, has already been slated as a surefire way to lose.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Anyone betting on WMD found in Syria? That would be my guess. It would lay the ground work for the next war.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I think it will probably have something to do with WMDs. Anything to help justify the War on Iraq.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Roundup of all illegals and putting troops on the border.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
military action against Iran .... I dunno ????

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I made my entry. I think it will be Cheney pulling out and McCain or Guliani to be chosen as the running mate.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It has to be something that will create/reinforce a strong fear of terrorism and feelings of vulnerability in the American People. I opt for another aircraft attack, but this time against a structure holding a very large amount of people, like a football stadium.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
military action against Iran .... I dunno ????

Beat me too it. For what its worth, I had been told that Iran was to be the original target after Afghanistan, but in a hurry, Iraq was much easier to invade and take over. I have been saying for awhile, that if there is indeed another terrorist attack on US soil, that a direct link would be made to Iran to justify it. So far I am wrong, I hope it stays that way.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Try this one on for size:

The western European powers, and their respective intelligence agencies, know exactly where bin Laden is hiding. And a few other well-known terror leaders as well. However, they refuse to share this data with the Bush administration in fear that if Bush were to act on this information, and the resultant death or capture of bin Laden would seal his second term.

Instead, they intentionally create and disseminate disinformation to confuse the Bush people, keeping him off balance until he is out of office. If Kerry is elected, they pass to him bin Laden's location, Kerry takes him out, and Kerry is hailed as the new forceful leader that a befuddled Bush never was. Coincidentally, relations with Europe and the US immediately warm, as Kerry seeks European input, guidance and support for Iraq.

The real question is thus: how much does Kerry know right now and what has he promised the Europeans? Ronald Reagan and Bill Casey got away with it by promising the Iranians parts and support for their military in a war against Iraq. What about old Live Shot?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
... If Kerry is elected, they pass to him bin Laden's location, Kerry takes him out, and Kerry is hailed as the new forceful leader that a befuddled Bush never was. Coincidentally, relations with Europe and the US immediately warm, as Kerry seeks European input, guidance and support for Iraq.

Wouldn't that be more of a January surprise?
Traditionally the October surprise is designed to help keep the incumbent in office. The deal with Reagan and the Iranians wasn't a classic example of the October surprise.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
It has to be something that will create/reinforce a strong fear of terrorism and feelings of vulnerability in the American People. I opt for another aircraft attack, but this time against a structure holding a very large amount of people, like a football stadium.

Hey..I was thinking the same thing...A big catastrophy killing a lot of people and the president will take everything under control to prove he can HADLE it like a real perfect president.

I would'nt even be suprised if something like happens in OCt

Ameliaxxxx

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
OK, How about this.

After the terrible devastation in the wake of Hurricane Mohamed and Hurricane Ossama on the 28th of October and 31st October respectively,Florida is declared a national disaster area.GWBush declares that there is no way that this swing state can fairly take part in the democratic process.Much discussion follows about prostponing the entire Presidential election but it is decided to proceed without Florida.

The close election leaves Kerry and Bush in a dead heat each because of the vagaries of U.S electorial law Jeb Bush declares Florida for his brother.

Just as tempers begin to fray everybody's mind is taken off the contested election result as Hurricane Saddam roars in from the Caribean.

The guy who had the job of naming the Hurricanes is arrested as a terrorist but it really isn't his fault.Bush settles down with the X-Box game Donald Rumsfeld gave him in August entitled HAARP.He curses gently under his breath.This was his last chance.He was Damn well gonna get Castro with his last life Hurricane Zach.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think this a pretty transparent attempt to make anything good that might happen for America between now and the election as something contrived. I don't think they're going to find Osama before the election, but the cynical have been predicting this for about a year.

Why can't we just take things at face value? Why didn't the administration lock Saddam up and wait to trot him out in October? Because they could have never gotten away with it. If by some stroke of luck Osama is found before now and November, it will be because the ongoing effort will have come to fruition.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I think this a pretty transparent attempt to make anything good that might happen for America between now and the election as something contrived. I don't think they're going to find Osama before the election, but the cynical have been predicting this for about a year.

Why can't we just take things at face value? Why didn't the administration lock Saddam up and wait to trot him out in October? Because they could have never gotten away with it. If by some stroke of luck Osama is found before now and November, it will be because the ongoing effort will have come to fruition.

I absolutely agree. Catching Osama would be the best thing that could happen. However, this is about a move, or comment by the Administration that is too late for the Kerry campaign to respond to.

Any other ideas?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Why bother?

Kerry is doing his worst, and Bush will win anyway thanks to Diebold.

If anything happens, it will not be in October, unless the European elite that controls this country and dangles the Rockefellers like minor players and puppets, decides for more sheenanigans, more fake terrorism to muddy the waters "because they can."

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
1.That the Red Sox win the world series and Kerry announces he is gay. Why not, both could never happen, or could they???

2.Cheney has a 'heart attack' and is replaced with Guiliani.

3.Records are released stating BUsh shot down migratory birds while in the national guard.

4. Terror attack leading to martial law.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Iran and North Korea test nuclear weapons ON THE SAME DAY.

How's that for instilling fear? People'd be panicking in the streets!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think we'll see an assination attempt on George W Bush's life during the month of October.

The result will be a bullet to the shoulder of Bush followed by his mission to never give up on the war on terrosim, then he'll continue further by stating not even an assasination attempt can stop his heroic fight to save the world.

A sniper assisination attempt is really the easiest thing to fake, even if the bullet to the shoulder part is real.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
and will simply continue to grow in late September and early October. It's simply an extension of Rathergate.

The forged memos will be somehow linked to the DNC and/or Kerry campaign. The DNC will have a mini Watergate on their hands. The Kerry campaign will collapse and Bush will win easily.

What will go undiscovered will be the true source of the memos - Karl Rove. Hot Karl somehow secretly planted them into the hands of poor Max Cleland (through numerous intermediaries). Why do you think the White House didn't dispute their authenticity? (Answer: they have the originals)

Conspiracy run amuck?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have a couple of friends in the Air Force that say all the buzz is about WMDs and that they are all in Saudi Arabia. They both said the fear within the military is that the administration will stage an attack on US Forces stationed in Saudi Arabia with WMDs that could kill thousands. Sounds like a pretty big ace in the hole if it's true. I don't generally believe Bush needs much of an October surprise but I can't put anything past him. I didn't believe he knew about 9/11 before it happened at first, either.

I mean, an attack like that would be really insane, but if it happens you heard it here first...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join