It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with the weather?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I live on the east coast of US, NY to be exact. The weather we are having here is not normal for winter at all. 3 days ago the temperature was almost 70 deg.
. What is causing this? The funny thing is that, I see the grass growing back and also flowers blooming. This puzzles my mind. This makes me think something is changing for sure, this is not normal. We should be experiencing temp around 20-30 F deg, but no we are experiencing warm weather , really warm comparing to other years i have lived in New York. I lived in NY for 18 years and not even one of those years it went warm like this. This is strange. What made it strange out of all was the grass growing back and flowers blooming. We should be getting blizzard like conditions right now, but no its rains.

Also have you guys read on the snow owls migrating south to US from the Artic? www.msnbc.msn.com... if this birds are migrating, than something is deff changing for sure.

One more thing that really got me thinking was that the sun now sets late. Usually its dark by 4 pm, but now its like around 5:30pm. It feels like spring time for sure.

Also I read a lot of post, that Europe is having a ice age type scenario. 300 ppl dead? -40 deg F. Is anyone concerned about this. Do you guys think the conveyor belt is changing? Or the Earth's axis changing by few deg? let me know your guys opinion.

If this keeps up , wait till summer rolls around and Massive Hurricanes I mean category 4 5 and maybe 6 and I think East Coast is the target for this time and tornadoes
, lets be prepared folks.

Thank You.

edit on 6-2-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am sure that a lot of people are noticing the weather. The weather is something we rely on - particularly farmers and people who live in a rural setting.

Personally I think that there are a lot of Earth changes happening but HAARP are the big contenders as far as I am concerned.

Take a look at a website called abbaswatchman - go to the homepage and look to the left - there is a list of topics - take a look at the HAARP page. The man has put a lot of heart and soul into his site and is passionate about sharing information. The HAARP page is long and outstanding - especially the images.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Thanks I will touch up on HAARP

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well and europe is freezing with record temperatures. It is a very unusually cold winter with over 350 deaths already. And it is getting even colder in the coming weeks with temperatures reaching -40° Celsius and below

edit on 6-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I agree with you, its like we experiencing 30 deg warmer temps and Europe experience 30 deg colder temps. Feels like a swamp in temperatures, have you seen the movie day after tomorrow?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I heard about the severe cold in Europe also. I,m not a weather expert, but shouldn't we be having at least similar weather here in the U.S. since we're both in the nothern hemisphere?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Here in Australia it felt like winter yesterday when it is summer. HAARP may have some affect on the weather, but not as much as the industrial age and a couple hundred years of burning fossil fuels. I know the climate change debate has been side tracked in the US by big oil, like a few other issues. When looking at the consensus of the climatologists this is only set to get worst.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012
reply to post by Hellas

I agree with you, its like we experiencing 30 deg warmer temps and Europe experience 30 deg colder temps. Feels like a swamp in temperatures, have you seen the movie day after tomorrow?

many many times

I wouldn't go that far to say that we're experiencing a new ice age because that is ridiculous. (at least right now)
but it is a strange phenomenon nonetheless. Many countries experience their coldest winter in like 100 years.

Here's a pic of the Island Mallorca, Spain.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Down here in Australia, Melbourne, the weather here is a bit messy aswell.

Personally i don't believe in HAARP but yeah.. no man can play with the weather, especially down here.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

No, it depends on Ocean temp and www.hawaiideepblue.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm sure enjoying it! Yesterday I laid out in the sun and got a sunburn...on February 5th!!! Yes, it's Georgia, but 2 years ago in February we got several inches of snow (of course, that was unusually cold for us). But 75 degrees? That is clearly unusual for this time of year, which is usually our coldest part of the year.

I know it sounds crazy, and I don't know how it wouldn't be all over the news if it were to be true, but it is easy to imagine how this could be caused if the earth's tilt is somehow different. Imagine the globe, and picture the US. Now, rotate it downward slightly so the US moves more to the south. As if the equator is more to the north in the western hemisphere. Europe would then move more to the north, as the equator would move to the south in the eastern hemisphere. That would account for the temperature shifts.

What's even crazier is that I've heard that exact theory out there in cyberspace. I'm not giving it much credibility (as I said, I can't imagine how that could be "hidden" from the world), but it certainly fits with the weather we have had this winter.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

haha i know i am just saying in general if you watched it lol, but yes 300 ppl dying is not a joke at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
personally its not even me who feels the change, but everyone at work also, so is friends and family and every person i met says the same thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I agree, something is strange with the weather. I am in Northeast Ohio and usually this time of year we are digging out from the snow. The weather is extremely mild for this time of year. I have also noticed my animal friends are a little confused, to hibernate or not to hibernate.

PLPL

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I think that is the theory most of the people are discussing right now. With or without knowledge.
And to be honest I don't give a bleep what some scientist say, since their just guessing and make up the stuff they say.

And regarding this news spreading around, I don't think that would be a good idea since it would lead to mass panic.

Fact is that nobody knows what is really going on and those who just say "it's winter" are just plain stupid, because they ignoring all the facts

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

yes this is what i am talking about for sure, even the snow owls are flying down south from the Antarctic weird right?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
??

is the lost arctic ice resettling in Europe ? and will the magnetic North pole migrate there too ?

OTOH, this might be a sign that a 3 harvest year is the time of plenty (at least here in the USA)
with the year of famine to follow, just as it happened in ancient Egypt ~2,000BC
edit on 6-2-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

I've found myself asking the same question. I live in Ohio, and we've been having quite a balmy winter with barely any snow. One of my professors mentioned that El Nino was causing this, so I looked it up. It's actually La Nina this year. Basically, something (i'm not sure what) causes ocean currents to change, which changes global wind patterns. This, in turn, affects global weather patterns. It's a completely normal event and it usually happens once every few years.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Nothing special in middle europe. Ordinary -9 C (16 F). Nothing to worry about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join