It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Israelis and Palestinians Flash Mob for Peace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Amidst the MANY threads of War,and the fears of it,I find this actually inspirational,and I am surprised a search didn't come up with anything.

The peace process in Israel-Palestine may be stalled, but that doesn't mean everyday Israelis and Palestinians aren't trying to jump-start negotiations for a two-state solution. Flash mob-style, of course.

A few people,not screaming,yelling,or making Judgements of ones Neighbors............Refreshing actually.

Several months back, I wrote about how initiatives like the Palestinian Freedom Rides and Israel's Young Conscientious Objectors led by everyday people with the conviction to change the status quo will be the only way Israelis and Palestinians can break the stalemate. Innovative, grassroots actions calling attention to the need for change may make a difference in changing public opinion in favor of peace.

Young Israelis and Palestinians Flash Mob for Peace [Video]

I Think Peace with silence is a benefit to all.
Hope to see something come out of it. 5 minutes could last a lifetime.

Here's the Video.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This is wonderful,
I believe there have been a lot of protests for peace all across the globe!
The people want peace, but the globalist regime does not. It is too profitable.
Perhaps the time is coming.

SnF

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Wow, really inspiring video.

It is great to see the two opposing
sides come together in the
name of peace!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Dear sonnny1,

I did not intend to post again tonight, I had in fact logged off and written something on my blog. I was going to listen to a couple of songs and decided to just see if anyone had posted any interesting news on ATS while I had been off. I saw you thread and watched the video. It touched me deeply and I want to thank you for having shared this with the rest of us. Peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

There may be a chance for lasting PEACE yet.

I'm sure before long somebody will come along and ruin this threads bowl of Cheerios with some misplaced rage and over the top Rhetoric.

But in the meantime

PEACE

edit on 6-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Thank You for the kind words. I was also going to log off tonight,but after seeing this,I had to post it.

There are many that desire peace. I for one do also.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I'd like to see them stay that still with an Israeli tank about to crush them or Israeli bombs coming down from the sky..

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

Your remarks are insensitive.

The young Israelis and Palestinians that desire peace,are willing to do whatever they can,to attain that. Is that something you wouldn't want to see?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This is wonderful and it is indeed refreshing to see people with common sense coming together to solve mutual problems. These are the people that are most affected by the regime. I am glad that they persist in the name of peace. May they never fall silent or their message fall on silent ears.

God bless them all.

Thank you for this, to them and you OP for bringing it here where it is most necessary amidst all the pro war hate talk.

Have a great day all.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by TheCommentator

Your remarks are insensitive.

The young Israelis and Palestinians that desire peace,are willing to do whatever they can,to attain that. Is that something you wouldn't want to see?

Not trying to be insensitive.

Of course I would like to see that, but sadly they aint going to get it by standing still.. Israel wont let go without a fight and we already know what they are capable of.
They wouldnt hesitate for a second to kill those people.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

Of course I would like to see that, but sadly they aint going to get it by standing still.. Israel wont let go without a fight and we already know what they are capable of.
They wouldnt hesitate for a second to kill those people.

Then you have missed their message...........

Have a good night......

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

There may be a chance for lasting PEACE yet.

I am hoping for it.

Anything can happen. I was surprised that the little protest was calm,and to the point.

If only the Governments could do the same...........

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

What is there message?
They just expect Israel to stop?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Reminds me of when I heard this when Israelis were protesting social injustice-- "Dear Mr. Prime Minister, We are the new Israelis!"

TextThere is no turning back after Daphni Leef, a 25-year-old student at Tel Aviv University, transformed her personal plight of homelessness into a national movement. With this movement — which knows neither Right nor Left, secular nor religious, Jew nor Arab — we, the New Israelis, have found our voice.

Its pretty clear that when the baby boomers die off we will all be fine. Its all their fault. They are so passive and egocentric. Young people have empathy and hope.

edit on 6-2-2012 by theubermensch because: typo

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The saddest thing is that people will most likely flag a war provoking thread rather than a peaceful one. Something is inheritably wrong in humans I think, maybe it's still some leftovers from MSM brainwash... I hope that i'm wrong though, I would really like to be wrong this time.

S&F, thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I'd like to see them stay that still with an Israeli tank about to crush them or Israeli bombs coming down from the sky..

That's a really pretty lama

Too late

What is there message?

Don't worry about it.
I'm sure Sonnny1 didn't mean to wake you.
edit on 6-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I was actually surprised that some members of the Israeli Parliament showed up,and were active in this protest.
That in itself shows their are some that desire it,within the old consensus.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It is heartening.

Are these the young folks the warmongers want to endanger?
Take a look at them ... and take a second look ... and chuck your psychopathy where it belongs, in the trashcan.

(Wish there was a similar protest in Tehran too. It may still come.)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It shows that some citizens think that what's going on is pretty absurd, I don't doubt that all Israelis want to stomp out Palestine. But I also don't think this would generate a fuzzy feeling from most Palestinians.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Wish i could flag this more than once!

This is how things change, the youth pushing the older generations ideals out of the window and joining each other in demonstrations

Love this thread. Disappointed that i have just face palmed my face on the realization i share this forum with allot of war mongers/doom and gloom people and people who can only post when putting down a certain nation. .

Flag and share this thread! the video needs to go viral also!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join