It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm tired. One of my weekly e-mails sent to President Obama a couple months ago.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thank you for your concern and advice.

No vans yet and I close each e-mail / letter with I pose no threat and indeed I am a little old lady.

If they want to kill me, so be it.

I don't fear death - they can kill my body but I believe I am an eternal being.

I'll just come back and harass them again

If you have to fear your government, what does that tell you?

I've had a gun held to my face decades back (a big gun not a little pea shooter) and walked away - so I'm just not shooting off my mouth (pun intended). Being that close to death makes you aware and think deeply on how you want to live the remainder of your live.

To me, and we each have a choice, to remain silent is morally wrong.

Also went to OWS two weekends in a row and both times was photographed and filmed by people that didn't seem to be a part of OWS.

If I'm on a list, I'm in good company - so is Naomi Wolf and Jesse Ventura.

If we all sit around and don't protest and resist the tyranny, it will continue and get worse.

When citizens fear their government, it's time for them to rethink about their relationship with that government.

They are suppose to serve us not vice versa.
edit on 5-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

As stated in a previous reply, if any citizen fears their government, it's time to rethink about what type of government you are supporting by your silence.

They are suppose to serve us not us serve them.

People wonder how Hitler came to power and how 11-12 million people were murdered..............by the other citizens remaining quiet, looking the other way, pretending everything was a-okay.

Again, if you fear your government, it's time to rethink about what type of people are running your government - it is time for some real change.

And I would even go so far to say that ATS being one of the biggest conspiracy sites is heavily monitored by one of our alphabet agencies.

Finding out a person's real id via computer site like ATS is possible if you have the right connections so we are all currently monitored.

To stand quietly by and let the tyranny continue and escalate is, in my book, to condone it.

From a personal level, I could not live with myself remaining quiet.

" The man dies in all who keep silent in the face of tyranny." - Wole Soyinka

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Good post..............good question.

Fear is the tool the few use to control the many.

And by everyone being afraid the bullies will only continue to bully and take more.

The way to stop a bully is to stand up to them and until the many confront the few we will continue to be bullied.

I'm not afraid, I have faced death a few times, had a interesting life.

What I do fear is if I remained silent, in a sense I condone the injustices, the tyranny. To me, and we all have our own way of thinking, to stand quietly by and keep allowing all the stuff that is going on to continue is a honest to goodness sin.

And we are eternal beings, the worse they can do is take your shell, your body - we are eternal beings and that they can't take and mine isn't for sale either.

edit on 5-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

Good reply and people wonder how Nazi Germany, Hitler, Stalin, etc all rose to power and were able to do the horrible things they did to tens of millions of fellow human beings.

How? Why?

Because the majority of the citizens feared a few greedy, bullies and allowed them to continue and escalate their reign of terror.

The tyranny will not stop until enough people grow the gonads to confront and stop them.

Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematic plan of reducing [a people] to slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Did our founding father's put a target on their backs?

Who then will stand up and try at least in their own small way to fight the tyranny we now face?

I'm a little old lady, about 120 pounds yet I have more fire in my belly and am willing to stick my neck out not just for me, but for you, your kids, your neighbors and everyone else that calls America Home.

A couple things I have e-mailed Obama about that have changed are (and I had to hound him a dozen times for each of these changes)

-- Negotiate an unprecedented deal that gives the U.S. access for the first time ever to Swiss bank records of criminals and tax evaders.

-- A law that allows the government to close offshore tax-avoidance loopholes.

-- Order Wall Street executives who took bailout money to reduce their own pay until the funds were paid back in full to the federal government.

-- President Obama ended the Iraq War, and put into action his working plan to achieve Afghanistan War goals and to draw down our troops.

-- His new foreign policy strategy directed the UN and NATO to take the lead in saving thousands of Libyan citizens from slaughter.

-- Obama created more jobs in 2010 alone than Bush did in eight years. -- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, creating 2.1 million jobs and firing up the economy by a significant 3.5 percent.

-- Tax credits to first-time homebuyers, which helped the U.S. housing market.

-- A $15 billion plan that provides increased lending for small businesses.

-- Expanded funding for the Violence Against Women Act.

Source: www.thecouriertimes.com...

So maybe someone is reading my e-mails.

I also e-mail and write my two Senators and one Congressman.

Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematic plan of reducing [a people] to slavery.

If your boat is sinking and you aren't one of the ones trying to patch the boat up or bailing out the water, than don't complain about drowning.

And our boat is sinking.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I've worked under a CEO.

No, they don't work they delegate work and come in at 10:00 AM

Go to lunch at 11:30 AM

Come back at 2:00 PM

Go to play golf or racket ball than go home at 4:00 PM

They are paid tens of millions of dollars to find ways to muck over the employees that do the real work in order to turn a "profit".

Been there done that.............my job along with 3,000 other jobs at my company were outsourced to India.

No, I've watched my own CEO and dealt with several other CEO's and CFO's to know the higher you are on the pyramid, the less you do the real work that moves the company forward.

Several articles you might want to read:

[EX]CEOs are paid too much. It has minimal effect on their performance. It has no quantifiable effect on the performance of their companies. The only measurable effect is to drive an ever widening gap between the CEOs and the people they depend on to produce results.

It is up to us as Management Professionals to return some equity to compensation of upper management and the individual contributors while trust and respect between the two parties still can be salvaged. If we don't, worker motivation, and resultant innovation, will plummet.

Source and rest of article: management.about.com...

With its recent list of America’s 25 Highest Paid CEOs, Forbes has catalogued one of the great malignancies of our society. A monstrous canker so metastasized that it stretches credulity to comprehend the full absurdity. Two of the men on this list I honestly admire and are exempt from my following criticisms. They are Ralph Lauren, a self-made man, creator of his fashion label, employer of some 24,000 worldwide. Ralph comes in second-place at $66.7 million. The other, Larry Fink, co-founder of BlackRock (in 16th place at $39.9 million), has in two decades built one of the largest asset management firms from scratch, employing 9,700. These men are entrepreneurs, visionaries, creators of jobs. They deserve their annual haul.

The rest, for the most part, are to be classified as merely managers, or caretakers of their shareholders’ property. Yet they, inexplicably, are compensated as if they were visionaries. This is wrong. This is what the Occupy Wall Street crowd should be railing against. (See my previous column: Some Tips For The Simpletons of Occupy Wall Street).

Source and rest of article: www.forbes.com...

Let me guess, you are a CEO right?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

What about tweets?

"@barackobama you lost my vote by signing the NDAA"

No vans yet.

OP: I think it's good to let him know how disappointed we are.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Oh, we're here... Kali...

I mean *ahem*... uh, yeah no vans...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join