It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Little Osbservation on the Super PAC Donors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Look this over:

Source- LA Times

Now I don't know these billionaires personally but I know Adelson is Jewish and I'm guessing Katzenberg is too. I think Simmons may be as well. Not sure. So from this (incomplete) list were looking at 1/3 or 1/2 being Jewish. Some of you might be thinking 'so what', 'what else is new', or 'great another anti-Semite thread.'
Right or wrong, good or bad, I think what's important here is that it reinforces the TRUTH that Jews disproportionately occupy the wealthiest class. How do you think the average American would react to this list if these 2 or 3 men were Muslim instead of Jewish?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about criticism about being anti-Semitic. Palestinians are Semites, and Israel is anti-Palestinian, thereby making Israel anti-Semitic. Israel has a restriction on becoming a citizen: you must be Jewish. This would be classified as racist in the US. However, we do not regard them as racist, but as selective of their citizenry because their State was set apart for the Jewish people following WWII as a safe haven from the harassment and torture of the World.

You see, it all depends on how you look at it. Frankly, I don't let it bother me because I can't solve the problems of the rest of the World...I have enough of my own.

As far as rich, great. It's a free country. Use your best talents, hopefully a little luck, and you can be rich, too. If you make your money, and you want to give it away, go to it. Nobody can give you grief about it.

Political influence? Sure. That's how things are done. If you think politics are going to change in your generation, go occupy a street and see if anyone notices. Stay long enough and you become a nuisance, not a revolutionary.

Want to change America? Lobby, vote. That's how it works. It works great. It's your choice: ballots or bullets.

I choose ballots.

However, I am beginning to think we need some more careful scrutiny over the election process. Let's form some citizen oversight committees. Let's get some integrity back into America.
edit on 2/2/2012 by Jim Scott because: Added more.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

How do you think the average American would react to this list if these 2 or 3 men were Muslim instead of Jewish?

Not well I can guarantee that.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Money has less say if the people would come together. The Internet is the great connector. We can pass along our own information. We don't have to be polluted by main stream media, television and radio. We have each other. It may seem like we are completely divided but we are not.

This is why government, corporations and wealthy influencers are all quaking in their boots over the power of our voice on the Internet. We can actually counterbalance their wealth with our voice. That's why we have to fight Internet censorship.

I will never be able to pay 38,500 for dinner with the president, and I will never be able to donate 11 million dollars to a candidate. But I will never stop believing that if the masses stand shoulder to shoulder I don't care what your nationality is, we are going to get our way.

This power has never been in the hands of the common Joe until (al gore invented the Internet
). Societies had no real connection to other people directly. Now we are on the internet talking to people all over the world, directly. We will come together. Soon

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Political influence? Sure. That's how things are done. If you think politics are going to change in your generation, go occupy a street and see if anyone notices. Stay long enough and you become a nuisance, not a revolutionary.

S&F. Everyone glosses over the fact that we peacefully exchange power every 4-8 years without bloodshed, coup or political turmoil. Okay, maybe not the last in terms of American political turmoil, but you get the idea.

If there are a large amount of Jewish that are donating towards campaigns; good for them. Their money, their choice. I do understand the populist argument that only the wealthy have access to politicians; but if that is the case, like you said, vote em out! Make a change, run for office. But that requires work, personal responsibility and commitment.

I gather that people would rather moan and complain, point out things like the "Look the Jews are throwing money around!" than actually make a difference. Like you said, go occupy a street and see how much you change the world. I still am loving the quoted paragraph above.

top topics

join