It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Celebrates Ten Years at Number 1 Providing Fair and Balanced Reporting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Fox lies! Fox lies! Fox lies!

Have any of the liberal automotons that like to scream "Fox Lies" ever bothered to sit down and actually watch Fox for more than five minutes? I doubt it. "Fox Lies" seems to be the catch phrase of so many liberal zombie robots. Do any of you really think your liberal biased media is any better?

Of course Fox leans to the right. If you are outFoxed by that I feel sorry for you. If Fox did not exist there would be no counter to the liberal rest.

You think that because you saw a Bill O'Reilly clip on youtube you know Fox? Maybe you should actually watch it before you start chanting. They are no worse than the rest. I really like Chris Wallace and Greta Van Susteren. There is alot to like about Fox News. Im not surprised its been number 1 for ten years.
edit on 1-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

Yet people on the American right talk about a 'liberal elite'? I think it's quite bewildering how many Fox viewers can let the network incite them into feeling persecuted in their own country yet fail to realise that Fox is statistically speaking the MOST mainstream and (worryingly) MOST status-quo, establishment news network in the USA.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

That is pretty funny. But even though they are No 1 when you add the rest together Fox is still the minority trying to battle the liberal bias of the rest.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think the funniest thing is that most that would chant Fox Lies would be fans of The Daily Show. Now there is a biased program that liberal automotons flock to to get their opinions. I dont see their logic at all.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Fair and Balanced since when? or did you mean Unfair and Unbalanced.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Point taken, however I would counter that the only network remotely resembling anything left of centre or 'liberal' outside of the USA is MSNBC, and it's viewership is significantly lower than that of Fox news by a pretty large margin if I remember correctly.

I mean common sense dictates that the USA is a pretty socially conservative country so it should be of no surprise that right wing media is the favored option. The daily show is as popular as it is because it portrays itself as representing a voice of dissent from the established media (transcending political bias left and right). Whether it is or not could cause a pretty lengthy debate however.
edit on 1-2-2012 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I lean to the left on most issues, however I've watched more Fox News than any other major news channel (admittedly I don't watch any of those channels regularly but when I'm bored and nothings on I turn to Fox). Yes Fox lies, frequently, they're caught doing it on a regular basis but they also tell the truth sometimes.

When someone is a chronic liar the last thing you should do to defend them is point to another chronic liar who just has a differing opinion, that's what you're doing in your sad pathetic attempt at defending Fox. You're saying 'Sure they're complete scumbags without any redeeming qualities, but so are the guys on the other channels'. It's like arguing that Hitler wasn't bad because some other dictator killed more people than him, it's disgusting and makes you look stupid.

Also, discrediting something from either Fox or ANY OTHER NEWS CHANNEL, without doing any FACT CHECKING, simply because the source LEANS, is an example of obscene intellectual laziness. People are entitled to their own opinions but not to their own facts, no matter WHO is asserting something it should NOT be accepted merely on the AUTHORITY of that person. That's why I find all those news channels so offensive, they encourage you to stop thinking for yourself and to just end up a closed-minded jerk bantering off talking points like a robot.

No thanks, I'll keep my nuanced opinions that can't be pinned down to any one platform or ideology and I'll weigh evidence and use reason and actual facts to adjust those opinions accordingly.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Fair and Balanced since when? or did you mean Unfair and Unbalanced.

See Fox even have a sense of humor. They know that slogan really burns liberals.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

I loved seeing Wallace tear John Stewart a new a-hole about how much of a biased hypocrite he is. It was awesome.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

So if they are #1, then they are the most responsible for all the half-truths, misinformation, lies and deliberate soundbite sensationalism that is the problem with today's MSMedia outlets, yea Faux!
2.7 million viewers in a country of 350 million, imo, does not represent the countries overall perspective either.
And for the record, this thread reeks of trollism too, pew.

For instance, a legitimate news organization does not:

-Source its research to "conservative blogs."
-Purposefully present stories out of context.
-Regularly declare "Victory!" when a White House initiative fails.
-Ignore a breaking news story that embarrasses the Republican Party.
-Invite fringe conspiracy theorists to appear on news shows.
-Suggest during a news program that Democrats voted to "protect pedophiles, but not veterans."
-Routinely accuse the president of the United States of being like Adolf Hitler.
-Describe itself as the "voice of the opposition."
-Air more than 100 commercials promoting partisan political rallies.
-Show 22 clips of health care reform opponents who attended town hall forums, and none of health reform supporters.
-Purchase full-page newspaper ads to spread falsehoods about the news competition.
-Invade the privacy of second-grade students.
-Promote violent political rhetoric.
-Fail to fact-check a murder story before airing allegations about it.
-Allow a news anchor to suggest a Supreme Court nominee is guilty of "reverse racism."

Much MORE

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
FOX News is the only alternative to the government controlled liberal media.

This is why ratings are so high, only matched by the rate of liberal anger.

Aren't liberals suppose to be the epitome of tolerance?

Every time I see liberals in action they are so angry, bitter, and vile.

What's up with that?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

TextEvery time I see liberals in action they are so angry, bitter, and vile. What's up with that?

Agreed. You could throw in hysterical too.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I like to watch news, not news with some one's right leaning political beliefs attached. I've tried watching Fox News, I just don't care for their opinions. Opinions are not news. What's sad is that some people have a hard time distinguishing news from opinion. I like to watch Imus on Fox. He's a breath of fresh air compared to Morning Joe.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
I like to watch news, not news with some one's right leaning political beliefs attached. I've tried watching Fox News, I just don't care for their opinions. Opinions are not news. What's sad is that some people have a hard time distinguishing news from opinion. I like to watch Imus on Fox. He's a breath of fresh air compared to Morning Joe.

What do you watch? PBS? Pretty monotone and boring.

Fox is entertaining. It also has a tonne of hot chicks.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Cant you be cutting without being a troll?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Sorry I don't watch the daily show so I'm unsure of what you're referring to. All of that aside would you not agree that the status-quo of American media and society at large is at least 'right of centre' when taking into account the size and scope of fox news and the deeply rooted social conservative values even found (though in a lesser proportion) on the 'left' of American mainstream politics?
I mean Obama would easily fit in with many of Europe's 'right wing' politicians. To even assume the mainstream of the democratic party is 'liberal' as many seem to do in the USA is pretty strange to me.
edit on 1-2-2012 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Now there is a biased program that liberal automotons flock to to get their opinions.

Perhaps some think "The Daily Show" is for 'liberal automatons' who get their "news" there.....but the majority of viewers know that "TDS" is pure entertainment. Using wit and humor to skewer everyone, when they rightly deserve it.

Funny, though, that you used the term "Outfoxed" before. Reminds me of the documentary from 2004....a bit dated, but are then any lies or mistakes in the reporting presented:

Google Video Link

About 4 minutes in, the fact that "Fox News" may have begun as a fair news reporting organization.....but changed dramatically when Rupert Murdoch got his claws into it. In 1985......

Outfoxed examines how media empires, led by Rupert Murdoch's Fox News, have been running a "race to the bottom" in television news. This film provides an in-depth look at Fox News and the dangers of ever-enlarging corporations taking control of the public's right to know.

@ 3:05---(Frank O'Donnell, former Fox News Producer, Washington D.C.):
"Murdoch actually bought the station in 1985, and actually left us alone for at least the first three years of his ownership...."

".....we received an order from one of Murdoch's 'apparatchiks', if you will, that we should cut away from our newscast, and start carrying a fawning tribute to Ronald Reagan, that was airing at the Republican convention.....we were stunned, because up until that point, we were allowed to do legitimate news......"

Et cetera......

"Fair and Balanced"? I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale......

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred

Sorry I don't watch the daily show so I'm unsure of what you're referring to. All of that aside would you not agree that the status-quo of American media is at least 'right of centre' when taking into account the size and scope of fox news and the deeply rooted social conservative values even found (though in a lesser proportion) on the 'left' of American mainstream politics?
I mean Obama would easily fit in with many of Europe's 'right wing' politicians. To even assume the mainstream of the democratic party is 'liberal' as many seem to do in the USA is pretty strange to me.

Yeah,I think you are right actually. as far as the population goes. I think most would be 'right of centre. Maybe Fox needs a 'Fox lght'' or something. Something that leans right but not so hardcore.

You only have to look at the bipartisan support for war on everything to see America is pretty right leaning.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

TextFunny, though, that you used the term "Outfoxed" before. Reminds me of the documentary from 2004....a bit dated

Yeah,Ive seen it. I was being clever

I was a liberal zombie once myself.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So what about the study that shows that people who get their news from Fox are less informed than those who watch no news at all. My life and anecdotal experiences bear this out.

<<   2 >>

join