It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Meltdown from a relatively mainstream source

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Now, the Young Turks aren't entirely mainstream being as their main thoroughfare is Youtube, but they're a mighty long way from your usual conspiracy thing, they're fairly mainstream, and yet they're saying stuff like this.

When the truth starts going to avenues like this, it's only a matter of time before it hits the MSM.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

The Turks are pretty reliable.
They use sources for their programs, well researched sources.
I wonder when the Real Economy takes Front Stage in these debates for the GOP.
Please no more Moon Bases Newt.

EDIT Might be time to venture into the Survival Forum.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I feel as if the end of our world as we know it was a change to look forward to, not one to be afraid of. Currently unsustainable desires to have a lifestyle beyond our means have put us in a sort of karmic debt to those who have the desire merely for a life to live.

Unlikely to be anything except extend and pretend. It's what the capitalists have always wanted, to pretend their lifestyle isn't on the backs of the slowly dying anarchist melange of the poor who want better.

The poor deserve better, violence isn't the answer because when you leave scorch-marks you didn't bring enough firepower. A global struggle should leave no scorch-marks, and we should certainly like a world to enjoy after our victory.

The presenter presented us with two options, do nothing or extend and pretend. I propose that we have a debt forgiveness for the poor, leave the rich their fiat financing chains and watch them in a made scramble to take what little power they have from each other.

Power was in peoples hands, the power was our desire for a better life. Not more money.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow, when was that video produced? I had been told this by a random person in passing the other day that we had a month to 3 months before this starts to happen. And of course this person said it would be similar to the great depression.

Weird. (and it was random, I think he heard me call bs to something in passing)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Wow, when was that video produced? I had been told this by a random person in passing the other day that we had a month to 3 months before this starts to happen. And of course this person said it would be similar to the great depression.

Weird. (and it was random, I think he heard me call bs to something in passing)

The video on the Turks was on today.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Thanks, I didn't see the date on the youtube page (never looked for one before).

I think with the video and the random guy, I will be taking this seriously.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Good video.
I like the options the narrator outlines:

1) Do nothing = collapse
2) Extend and pretend = collapse

Either way, collapse.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

This is ATS, don't accept a false dichotomy at face value, explore and expand your mind with the possibilities of a third option!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Ok, what are the other options on a global level? I can see many for a local level but the whole global platform currently relies on the fractional based economy system. Is a third option Global Martial Law? If I want to keep things positive I'd vote for collapse.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
Good video.
I like the options the narrator outlines:

1) Do nothing = collapse
2) Extend and pretend = collapse

Either way, collapse.

Actually this is a more accurate way to put it

1.) Do nothing = huge collapse
2.) Extend and pretend = Even bigger collapse.

Extend and pretend is only digging the hole deeper, however I have zero doubt they will do it until it cannot be done anymore - which by the way very well could be only a month or two away when Europe explodes. Nobody wants to face the truth, and 99% of the citizens have no friggin clue how screwed we are.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
reply to post by surrealist

This is ATS, don't accept a false dichotomy at face value, explore and expand your mind with the possibilities of a third option!

Sorry, it's not false barring an extreme outlier event. But since I have thought about this I will give you the other possibilities I have thought of.

1. Mass extinction - However it is accomplished the extinction of billions could successfully head off an economic collapse, but I think we can agree that is actually a worse outcome.

2. Alien contact with technology exchange that allows everyone to have their own matter replicator - like star trek. Nobody would go hungry and our need for an economy as we know it would disappear.

That's pretty much all I have been able to come up with - so I have concluded we are pretty much F'd

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

It's a house of cards, and has been for quite some time. The US economy has been propped up by capital injections. The same thing has been going on in Europe, but it's past the tipping point. The big three American banks are exposed to approx 6 billion in Euro debt. Not sure about the other banks. Combine all the potential US/Euro exposed debt on top of an already shaky economy and it does not paint a pretty picture. In the end, the bill must be paid. Right now, all were doing is passing the dinner check around the table. At some point soon, all the cash options will have been excercised and we will still be stuck with the bill and no way to pay it... End of Line

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So, all we have been hearing about, for the past two years, is that "it's coming!". Yet, nothing.

When is D Day?

I love the Turks though. Refreshing....I just hope they don't become a casualty of TPTB.

top topics

join