It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bigfoot man made?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The one thing that interests me about Bigfoot, if he or she is real, is how it evades capture. This led me to think that maybe it’s a genetically developed being that has been made and controlled by man. Why? Well, perhaps to see how strong it is against some up and coming earth disaster? Or maybe to reverse diseases?

I mean, we had dolly the sheep and I read recently that the Russians may have enough of a mammoth’s DNA to bring him back to life. So who knows?

Pictures of the Montauk beast resembled a Bigfoot. [In peter moon’s/Preston B Nichols book The Montauk Project: Experiments in Time]

If you recall in the six million dollar man, aliens made Bigfoot and let him roam about to scare away people from their mountain base. And you know what they say about fiction…

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The one hole in this theory....

Bigfoot sightings have been ongoing for many, many years before humans had even considered the idea o genetic engineering, much less had the skill to do it.

Kudos for thinking about it though.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ha,yes. I thought of that as i did the preview,but we have been to mars since the 50's so who knows!?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Considering reports of BF go back for hundreds, if not thousands of years, in some cultures. I highly doubt it is a modern creation of man. Dolly the sheep was a product of our current medical technology. Not BF.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
However, according to Joseph P Farrell's new book Genes, Giants, Monsters and Men, we have been manipulating animals,man and dna for a long time. just a response to the age of sightings.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Are you going on the assumption that there is only one bigfoot? The "he or she" thing kind of throws me off.

I imagine if there is one, there are more, and there would be a breeding population that has been keeping the species alive.

Personally, I think that it is more likely that there are small surviving groups of neanderthal as opposed to ape like creatures that have never been recorded in the fossil record previously.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Try to imagine... Bigfoot created Man...

Or Bigfoot is the real being native to earth. Man is the alien/genetic manipulation on this planet!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Russians may have enough of a mammoth’s DNA to bring him back to life.

Oh man I bet mammoth taste good.

As far as bigfoot being a human made experiment?

I got to go with the native americans thinking on this were they are supernatural as well as physical beings who can transcend realities (dimensions?) at will.

It explains to me why you just can't catch one.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
Try to imagine... Bigfoot created Man...

Or Bigfoot is the real being native to earth. Man is the alien/genetic manipulation on this planet!

Yes, Bigfoot is the native and we are the aliens. interesting theory.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
bigfoot been around for centuries. there are legends among many of the pacific northwest indian tribes about bigfoot , even in parts of asia there are legends of bigfoot going back for centuries .

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
My sense is that some of the strange creatures people are seeing are manmade, such as the chupacabra and the like. Creatures that have no possible evolutionary tree or simply look like ridiculous hashes fail to excite me. These might well be part of some psychological warfare operation. We might be seeing genetic chimera's or military dudes in lizard suits.

Bigfoot has the feeling of being something more authentic. That is my feeling on the matter. I hope it stays well hidden for its own sake.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well if we assume that evolution is true, we must accept that bigfoot is possible. In my opinion, I think the original "bigfoot" must have been a stage of human evolution. If we assume that we evolved from apes/monkeys (depending on which theory you believe in), then the evolution must be ape/monkey-->missing link--->humans.

I think bigfoot is nothing more than the missing link.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This might help you

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by someguy0083
Well if we assume that evolution is true, we must accept that bigfoot is possible. In my opinion, I think the original "bigfoot" must have been a stage of human evolution. If we assume that we evolved from apes/monkeys (depending on which theory you believe in), then the evolution must be ape/monkey-->missing link--->humans.

I think bigfoot is nothing more than the missing link.

More like than a "missing link" might be another branch on the tree. Life does not "progress" in stages. Adaptations curve out various offshoots. One is not more advanced than another. Bacteria might be more advanced than all of us because they have lasted longer and do not crud up their own environment.

One theoretical model for a Bigfoot might be a Gigantopithecus father and a Hominid mother. We will never know until mainstream evolutionary biologists get over their snobbery and foppish sophistication in order to actually study the phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
PS. If they do, maybe they should be careful about revealing locations and specifics in order to protect what might well be an endangered species.

join