It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That was then this is now. Earth pics.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I was going through some old files and found a 2004 pic of the Earth and thought I would post it along with a 2012. Call me crazy, but doesn't the Earth today look less green?? Also, the gulf there has light blue all around it and Florida there. Probably gulf spill has something to do with that I don't know. Kind of scary to think what it would look like in another 8 years.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Maybe because thats where the U.S. has set off like, oh I dont know, 1000 nuclear bomb tests?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't think you can use these two photos for a fair comparison.

Do you know what day of the year each photo was taken? As the seasons change so does the landscape..One of these could have been taken in early spring when it's cool and wet and plants flourish, perhaps the other was taken in the fall.

Also the distance at which the photo was taken will have an effect on the image. Different cameras might produce different hues when capturing the same image.

So while I agree with you that we're mucking up our planet pretty badly, I don't think these far-away snapshots give any credible indication of that.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Plus the USA got bigger..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Looks like April and August pictures to me

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If it was taken in 2012 it's obviously winter....AKA no green plants...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It could be that it was winter vs summer in those photographs....

If not, then I guess we can see her dying.

Edit...

The rest beat me to it...
Kinda cool to know we were all typing on our keyboards at the same time...
edit on 31-1-2012 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
seasons?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The older one could also be one of the color touch up photos to enhance the picture. Not saying there is anything sinister behind color touch up's, just that they were done to make the picture look "prettier" to the viewer.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not sure what they are. The first pic sure is amazing, but the second one you figure NASA could of taken a better shot. Probably signs of a dying space program too. lol

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Sorry but I have to say time of year that it was taken...

Go back to the Apollo images too and compare...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Just look at how much wider the gulf of mexico looks in the 2012 photo. What's up with that?
line two

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Plus the USA got bigger..

After reading this, I kept going back to look at the photos. If one is real, then the other is CG.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Call me crazy... but since the first time i seen the "2012" image of the Earth, i can't help but think it's been cropped, distorted, pukkered or edited in some way or another.

It completely looks "messed up" proportion wise, especially compared to previous images of the earth from a similar distance.

Honestly, it looks like NASA has tried to smudge america so it looks bigger or something rofl... i hope i'm not going mad. But maybe it's the governments idea of saying "yeh look at us, we are big!".

In all seriousness, something is odd/wrong about the latest earth pic.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Are you sure both of these are real photographs? Everything looks much different in the second pic. Look at the gulf of Mexico. Look at Florida. Something's really really off!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
Call me crazy... but since the first time i seen the "2012" image of the Earth, i can't help but think it's been cropped, distorted, pukkered or edited in some way or another.

It completely looks "messed up" proportion wise, especially compared to previous images of the earth from a similar distance.

Honestly, it looks like NASA has tried to smudge america so it looks bigger or something rofl... i hope i'm not going mad. But maybe it's the governments idea of saying "yeh look at us, we are big!".

In all seriousness, something is odd/wrong about the latest earth pic.

I'm in full agreement with you. The proportions are WAY off! The top pic looks fairly normal to me, but the bottom one reminds me of one of those post-SHTF scenarios that people are always making, lol. Except, I doubt the continents would actually be growing, hehe.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
OP claim to have found the 1st picture while looking, well guess what? This is all part of a viral propaganda, my neighbor received the same e-mail last night with this very same two pictures claiming NASA have recently revealed them... OP nice try at trolling...

P.S I think mods should ban people who do this kind of stuff...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think the photos are at different angles as well. In the 2012 photo there is much less Canada visible.

Edit: but somehow mexico is in the same place

edit on 31-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I agree the 2012 pic is wack like it been taken out of a fish eye lens lol You can google Blue marble 2012 and they are all the same thing.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Brenidi14

eh? What the heck you talking about? Them pics you can get at NASA's own website.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join