It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government conspiracy to stop you from eating horse meat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I believe it is my right to eat horse meat, but the government doesn't want to allow me to eat it. It is wrong and I should be allowed to eat what i want.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It's a cultural thing, in my huble opinion. It would be like Americans pushing India to sell Big Macs to boost the U.S. beef market or something. Umm.. India might launch a nuke over something so horrid to their thinking by the time it was all said and done.

It's always good to respect a cultural thing when the vast majority of the culture likes it that way. Eating a horse burger turns my stomach....and I'll even admit, it really is nothing more than that cultural thing, too. There it is though.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Perhaps you have not heard that the US lifted its ban on horse meat? Eat up

www.inquisitr.com...

According to a pro-slaughter group called United Horsemen, meat processors are now considering opening facilities in at least a half-dozen states, including Georgia, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oregon, Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Idaho. The horsemen estimate the slaughterhouses could open in as little as 30 to 90 days Read more - w.po.st... tle=US%20Horse%20Slaughter%20Ban%20Lifted%3A%20Horse%20Meat%20Burgers%20on%20the%20Way&sharer=copypaste

edit on 30-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
McDonald's isn't going anywhere anytime soon, plenty of horse meat to be enjoyed.

In all seriousness, horse meat would improve their menu greatly.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 1000TonBlocks

I don't need a Government conspiracy to tell me to not eat horse meat.

What is the point? It's not like we're all going to die from not getting some animal flesh.

What next, another animal species exploited by the meat industry, raised in pens to be slaughtered for your convenience? If there's a buck to be made...

edit on 1/30/2012 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
you can go ahead and enjoy ingesting all of the growth hormones and steroids used on horses.

Ill just say no....

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Well,If hunger kicked in I would ride it.Other wise,there's always the dog,cat,mouse,bugs...seaweed special.By the way,my horse is named hunger.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

I don't need a Government conspiracy to tell me to not eat horse meat.

What is the point? It's not like we're all going to die from not getting some animal flesh.

What next, another animal species exploited by the meat industry, raised in pens to be slaughtered for your convenience? If there's a buck to be made...

So self rituose, by your post I assume you are a vegan and raise all of your own food...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

People who feel superior to others because they are vegetarians should know that plants feel pain, are aware of their surroundings, and can even identify and signal danger to other plants (ie communicate). Yep, recent studies have proven that plants have feelings too.

As for horse meat, I don't see a problem with it in an area with lots of horses. Personally, I'd rather have wild venison or even bear. Like has been mentioned horse probably contains some growth hormone or other chemicals.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I would never eat horse meat.

Somebody actually asked me this today and I said hell no.

Sorry, I have some weird respect for them. I will eat just about anything else though. But not dog or cat.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Never say never. A friend and I had a debate about this not long ago.
If it comes down to eating or starving, I will eat, whatever I can.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

I'll hunt me a deer and use the horse for hunting.

Thanks though.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I agree with you, until the hunt is unsuccessful for a week and the horse has cropped all the land round abouts, and there are two animals starving. You and the horse.
Would you deny yourself food while watching a pet starve?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

You have to hunt it first...then bacon wrap it in the slow cooker...or fish for a pik and have some nice cheeks

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

It wouldn't be unsuccessful. But as a matter of conspiracy theory one might suggest that the wildfires in Texas were caused to kill the natural resources, wildlife etc. Thats something to think about, but unless it happens I would not consider it and would not suggest that I would do otherwise, horses are very useful. I would rather have one than eat one.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Your avatar would of done it

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan

Your avatar would of done it

You should probay look to see what his avatar is holding in his hand.. And analize it before you Judge.

So fast to judge. The world if often more than meets the eye.
edit on 30-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

phewy,i herd that a few south american country's round them up for old ronnie.Mc coke and Mc puke.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

While I will agree a horse is more useful alive. You saying a hunt will be successful is naive.
I don't get a bite every time I go fishing. Not every hunting trip I've been on has bagged a limit.
All I am advocating is don't rule out the possibility.
I've never ate horse, dog, reptile, or bug. But as it's my life, I will defiantly alter my diet to stay alive however I have to.
If you will not than all I can say is: A very good hunt to you.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

So self rituose, by your post I assume you are a vegan and raise all of your own food...

Why is that self righteous?

Do you think it would be good for horses to be made into another factory farmed animal like cows and pigs?

What next? Dogs, cats?

Whether I am a vege or not has nothing to do with it. Stop stereotyping. Maybe I just like horses, and dogs and cats, and hate cows? Eat up darling.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join