It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA nuclear inspectors begin Iran visit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

IAEA nuclear inspectors begin Iran visit

www.guardian.co.uk

UN nuclear inspectors began a critical mission to Iran on Sunday to investigate allegations that the country has a secret atomic weapons programme.

The three-day visit comes amid escalating western economic pressures and warnings about safeguarding Gulf oil shipments from possible Iranian blockades.

The findings of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) team could greatly influence the direction and urgency of US-led efforts to rein in Iran's ability to enrich uranium, which Washington and its allies fear could eventually produce weapons-grade material.

Iran has refused to abandon its enrichment programme, saying it only wants the material to generate electricity and for medical research.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30-1-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What about the inspections at this particular moment, what is everyone up to?

The visit coincides with a planned debate in Iran's parliament over whether to cut the flow of crude oil to Europe with immediate effect in retaliation for sanctions. The EU last week announced an embargo on Iranian oil that is set to take full effect in July.

More tension in the gulf. Why doesn't Iran want inspectors poking around in their country?

Iran has also accused the IAEA in the past of security leaks that expose its scientists and their families to the threat of assassination by the US and Israel.

Iranian state media say that Roshan, a chemistry expert and director of the Natanz uranium enrichment facility in central Iran, was interviewed by IAEA inspectors before being killed earlier this month in a targeted bomb attack – part of what Tehran says is a covert Israeli-led campaign of sabotage and killings. Roshan was at least the fourth member of Iran's scientific community to be killed in apparent assassinations.

So what does this mean for everyone?

The head of Iran's state oil company said on Sunday that pressures on Iran's oil exports – the second biggest in Opec – could drive prices as high as $150 a barrel.

"It seems we will witness prices from $120 to $150 in the future," Ahmad Qalehbani was quoted by the official IRNA news agency as saying. He did not give a timeframe for his prediction, nor any other details.

The price of benchmark US crude was $99.56 per barrel on Friday. About 80% of Iran's foreign revenue comes from exporting around 2.2m barrels of oil a day.

How is the western world taking this and how might this involve the US, besides for costlier fill-ups at the pumps?

Oil prices have been driven higher in recent weeks by Iran's warnings that it could block the Strait of Hormuz at the mouth of the Gulf, the export route for around 20% of the world's oil. Last week, the US aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln entered the Gulf along with French and British warships in a show of strength against any attempts to disrupt oil tanker traffic.

Brace yourself folks, it looks like we're headed that way yet again.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I think there is one major indicator to whether this has any hope of being taken seriously or not, and it cuts both ways. Will the inspection teams be given open access into the DEEP (260 foot plus) facilities outside Qom? If they are, then they probably are seeing all there is to see, IMO. However, if Iran gives them that access, it gives insider reports back to the West about how deep it really is and what the physical layout is down deep. Talk about a rock and a hard place for choices they have to make.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It's tragic how this news is presented. You have already judged Iran based in propaganda and false intel fed to you through the media controlled by the same people that bought the people into office that you think you elected.

The findings of IAEA in this instance will be a tool for us the people who believe the time for ending wars have come. If they turn out a report stating that Iran are capable of producing atomic weapons with the very low 20% they've got so far, we will know that the IAEA is not to be trusted and that the USA just need a reason to once again commit an act of aggression through illegal occupation and slaying of innocent people.

You should really be asking yourself how much of an enemy Iran is, and if there isn't anything better to be worried about... *hint* the state of your interior (regardless of country)*hint*.
Iran is not a threat to the US, not a threat to EU. The worst thing they could do is deny selling oil, and that is exactly the reason a war is needed by those people with money.

In many way the Iran scandal about to unroll is a testament to the complete lack of democracy not only in the states but in the entire western world.
We are being governed by spineless, paid off shills put into office by the highest bidder.

If Iran is attacked... democracy will finally have fallen.

I say that as a non-religious European, but at least I have retained my wish to be a free person with a voice.

*Bonus info... did you know that the US is represented with 1 official pr. 645.000 citizens..... democracy you call it????
In Denmark we are represented with 1 official pr. 30.000 citizens and even that I would call bad.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
In 2002/2003 when the UN inspectors went to Iraq they found nothing.
They stated that Iraq was complying, giving them access without and issues.
Hans stated there was no evidence and nothing to say Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or was manufacturing them.

In turn, the USA completely ignored the UN, and in some cases outed secret agents and then invaded anyway.

It turned out to be nothing but lies.

Fast forward 9yrs we now have inspectors visiting Iran looking for evidence of Nuclear programmes.
No matter what they find, what they state, Israel and the US are still going to push forward regardless.

The only difference now, is I believe that the US and Israel has had time to clean house at the IAEA and UN and ensure the lacky they send in to inspect gives the 'proper' results they want.

Ladies and gents, it looks like Irans definately going ahead.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
In 2002/2003 when the UN inspectors went to Iraq they found nothing.
They stated that Iraq was complying, giving them access without and issues.
Hans stated there was no evidence and nothing to say Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or was manufacturing them.

In turn, the USA completely ignored the UN, and in some cases outed secret agents and then invaded anyway.

Fast forward 9yrs we now have inspectors visiting Iran looking for evidence of Nuclear programmes.
No matter what they find, what they state, Israel and the US are still going to push forward regardless.

The only difference now, is I believe that the US and Israel has had time to clean house at the IAEA and UN and ensure the lacky they send in to inspect gives the 'proper' results they want.

Ladies and gents, it looks like Irans definately going ahead.

Exactly. It's like Deja Vu. I wasn't even a teenager when the events prior to Iraq happened. But I was paying attention and it's all happening again. We will go to war. Russia and China will get involved. It will be WWIII. Prove to me it won't, Because I really don't want it to be. My first child is due in July and that is the last world I want it born in. But...Everything is in place and I am concerned.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Speaking of oil, I've come to the opinion that our apparently imminent economic failure will explode shortly after the gas prices skyrocket again.

I just can't shake the feeling that it will be the straw that breaks the camels back.
------

edit on 30-1-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
It's tragic how this news is presented. You have already judged Iran based in propaganda and false intel fed to you through the media controlled by the same people that bought the people into office that you think you elected.

The findings of IAEA in this instance will be a tool for us the people who believe the time for ending wars have come. If they turn out a report stating that Iran are capable of producing atomic weapons with the very low 20% they've got so far, we will know that the IAEA is not to be trusted and that the USA just need a reason to once again commit an act of aggression through illegal occupation and slaying of innocent people.

You are stating the sentiments a great many of us feel. If comments to this news post did not make it clear then I should state straight out that any cross judgement being made is against the propoganda put forth prepping us for another war and not against Iran. Sadly I am sure not everyone that will read this would agree though, propoganda is buried deep.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Anyone find this 'show' a complete attack on common sense?

Hadn't IAEA already determined that there wasn't any cause for concern in their PREVIOUS inspection not several months back?
Didn't the IAEA then state about a month AFTER that inspection that there WAS cause for concern?

Now, the IAEA are back their stating that there was an allegation and they have to verify the claim?

What the hell is going on???

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Thank you for clarification. I had a notion you meant it like that, but I enjoy being certain. I hope the thoughts and oppinions of people will indeed matter to those in charge at some point. Sooner rather than later.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

Hadn't IAEA already determined that there wasn't any cause for concern in their PREVIOUS inspection not several months back?

Didn't the IAEA then state about a month AFTER that inspection that there WAS cause for concern?

In the interim members of the IAEA had probably been reminded about the fate of David Kelly who died after refusing to agree with the lie that Iraq had WMDs.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Iranians have a disjointed arguement that really doen't make any sense. You try to negotiate a side, and they always skew information wrong

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Not going to get into a huge anti-American/anti-Iran flame fight here. Ill just say this - does the world need more nuclear energy? Hell no.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
PressTV article from Saturday says they won't even be looking at anything !!
Just Talking ??

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:1AM GMT -- PressTV

The team, led by the IAEA Deputy Director General Herman Nackaerts and the agency's number two Rafael Grossi, will arrive in Tehran on Sunday at the invitation of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI).

The visit is aimed at holding talks within the framework of the IAEA article of association to bolster cooperation between the two sides by resolving ambiguities.

[color=limegreen]The UN atomic agency's team has no plan to inspect Iran's nuclear facilities.
WHAT !!!!!

PressTV Article here

edit on Jan-30-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

hello Friends!

Whats going on is the world gangsers need to rise oil price and quess what who is paying us people from europe and USA.....with taxes and rised prices.....biggest conspiracy on the world is oil biz....!!!!

Peace,
ekiusa

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hold on to your hats, folks, this may be going viral. About two hours ago this thread was moved into this World War Three forum. I never meant for the thread to imply we were heading into things that deep but ATS staff in their greater wisdom may be on to something big brewing here with these inspections. The Israeli press is lighting up their news boards after US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta's appearance on CBS's 60 Minutes last night warning that Iran could have nuclear weapons within a year.

www.haaretz.com...

During the interview, Panetta reiterated Obama’s opposition to Iran's nuclear program, and said that the U.S. shares common goals with Israel in its opposition to the program.

"The United States, and the president's made this clear, does not want Iran to develop a nuclear weapon. That's a red line for us. And it's a red line obviously for the Israelis so we share a common goal here," he told CBS.

"If they proceed and we get intelligence that they're proceeding with developing a nuclear weapon then we will take whatever steps are necessary to stop it," he added.

The last part of that statement had me dazzled, "If they proceed and we get intelligence that they're proceeding..." Well of course they will get the intelligence they seek, but will they tell the public they have proof? And just what steps might they take then?

www.israelnationalnews.com...

When asked if “whatever steps necessary” include military steps, he responded, “There are no options that are off the table.”

So there you have it, straight from the Secretary of Defense. Is this posturing, pandering, or a threat to fulfill 2012 prophesy? Or maybe it's just meant to make you feel just a little bit uneasy.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It doesn't matter. Iraq had 90% success rates given by UN inspectors before the war for assessing the threats they could pose. Yet we still went to war. Khazar / illuminati agenda doesn't even look at the reports. They just send in the NWO goons to do the lying on the media and there you go. Instant public support for the Khazar army.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
"If they proceed and we get intelligence that they're proceeding..." Well of course they will get the intelligence they seek, but will they tell the public they have proof? And just what steps might they take then?

And talk about getting the intelligence they seek...

Iran, perceiving threat from West, willing to attack on U.S. soil, U.S. intelligence report finds

www.washingtonpost.com... eQ_story.html?tid=sm_twitter_washingtonpost

U.S. intelligence agencies believe that Iran is prepared to launch terrorist attacks inside the United States in response to perceived threats from America and its allies, the U.S. spy chief said Tuesday.

The assessment signals a potentially dire new direction in the adversarial relationship between the United States and Iran, at a time when there are indications that a covert campaign is already underway to thwart Iran’s alleged ambition to develop a nuclear weapon.

The oxymoron (US Intelligence) on oxycodone will not let us down, it seems. They will find a way to get us involved in another clash. Israel should be picking up our war tab on this one.

Good call, ATS! Looks like WWIII is where this is all going. And I just thought it was interesting news about the Iran inspections. Who da' thunk it?

edit on 31-1-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Okay...

So it's Feb 2nd.

Any results from the IAEA visit yet ? Or are we all supposed to sit on pins and needles for the next 3 months waiting to find out if Iran is building nuke bombs or not ?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I wonder if it was lies,when the US was stating North Korea was trying to build the bomb,under the same pretense Iran claims?

<<   2 >>

join