It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum Cancels Events...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Rick Santorum has canceled several events in Florida due to the hospitalization of his daughter.

The story can be found HERE.

Isabella Santorum has Trisomy 18, a genetic condition caused by the presence of all or part of an extra 18th chromosome. When asked about her, Santorum says his daughter was not expected to survive until her first birthday and often has to catch himself to stop from tears. "I have a little girl who's 3 ½ years old," he told Christian conservatives in Iowa before winning that lead-off contest. "I don't know whether her life is going to be measured — it's always been measured — in days and weeks. Yet here I am. ... because I feel like I wouldn't be a good dad if I wasn't out here fighting for a country that would see the dignity in her and every other child."

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That's tough for anyone to have to go through. My heart goes out to Rick and his family during this difficult time.

No matter what your politics are you have to feel for this guy going through this.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
That's tough for anyone to have to go through. My heart goes out to Rick and his family during this difficult time.

No matter what your politics are you have to feel for this guy going through this.

I agree 100%. I watched this story on the news this morning and it broke my heart to hear about her condition and to see Rick holding her in his arms. I can't begin to imagine what he must be going through. My thoughts & prayers will be directed their way.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hate to say it, but he doesn't feel the same way about gay children. I feel terrible for what he and his family is going through, but his constant hate speech is divisive towards many, and if it was a gay child, and illegal immigrants child or a current little girl living in Iran he's never met, he wouldn't feel the same towards them.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What a shame. I was not aware of his daughters condition. Good time to lay politics aside and wish him well and pray for his family.

I hope it does not cause him to pull out. The longer the debates and campaigns go on the better it is for us all, no matter who wins the nomination in the end.

In a civilized, humane world the primary vote would be delayed to accommodate him, but we don't live in that world.

Best wishes to Mr. Santorum and his family.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

What does it say about you that you can't control your hate long enough to not post it in a thread where it's so patently off topic. Just saying. You should delete the post and then a Mod should delete mine.

Vindictiveness is a flaw, not a strength.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

"I look at the simplicity and love she emits," Santorum said in a web video his campaign released after his scheduling drew questions, "and it's clear to me we're the disabled ones."

I agree with Mr. Santorum wholeheartedly on this view.

My thoughts are with this family.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I didn't know that Rick Santorum's daughter is in such a fragile state. It must be hard for him to be on the campaign trail and away from his family so much. I honestly think he should quit the race and spend his time with his daughter. God only knows how long she will be here and he should make every minute count.
edit on 29-1-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I think you're way off base here with this comment.

If all you want to do is spread hate then start another thread about Santorum's social positions. It has no place in this thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

I think you're way off base here with this comment.

If all you want to do is spread hate then start another thread about Santorum's social positions. It has no place in this thread.

I said both that I not only hate to say this, but also that I feel terrible for what he and his family are going through. You might not agree with that post, and I won't post anymore of it in this thread, but to assume my intention was to spread hate is quite off base, especially when I've heard a lot of hate coming from the mouth of you know who.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

If you hated to say it then you wouldn't have. If you felt sincerely bad for what he and his daughter are dealing with you would have said so and left it at that.

That's not the case though.

You took this terrible story and used it as an opportunity to take a jab at the man for his politics.

If that's not off base...what is?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I hope his daughter gets better and I wish the Santorum family well.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It's a good time to sit back and realize that as we comment on the election and the candidates, we should also remember that they are just people like all of us. They have families and everyday problems that we all share. We should remember to seperate the "politician" from the "person".

I may not like or agree with any of Santorum's policies, I may even have some colorful commentary about his responses during the debates.

But he is a human just like all of us, and I feel for him and what he is going through. I hope everything turns out ok for his daughter and his family.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I sickens me that he uses his childs sickness to try and gather support and sympathy for his campaign.

Santorum is a disgusting human being.

Think of it this way, if that was your child, and her life was being mesured in days and weeks, .. would you really spend those days and weeks trying to get yourself elected.
Only if that was your fist concern.

I feel really bad for the little girl, not only is she sick, but she has Rick Santorum as father.

I hope she gets better.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

How is he using this? Seriously?

He's taking time off to be with her and that's bad?

Is he supposed to not do live his life and do the things he believes in because of this? Do you think that's what anyone would want?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
you guys really are going to turn a horrible friggin cituation into a worse one by arguing among yourselves in the thread, giving the OP sh!t for respect in their thread...???

And as far as the rest of you.. "Hate to say it" guys... STFU and DONT SAY IT then!

wtf!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
I sickens me that he uses his childs sickness to try and gather support and sympathy for his campaign.

Santorum is a disgusting human being.

Think of it this way, if that was your child, and her life was being mesured in days and weeks, .. would you really spend those days and weeks trying to get yourself elected.
Only if that was your fist concern.

I feel really bad for the little girl, not only is she sick, but she has Rick Santorum as father.

I hope she gets better.

I think you really do not understand the situation.

I strongly dislike Rick Santorum as a Politician. I am in total disagreement with him on just about every single issue. However, this situation is not about politics. It's about a little girl.

This child's life was being measures in days and weeks since she was born. Are you suggesting as a parent you should stop your whole life and wait for death to come? By your logic, Rick Santorum would be sitting at a her bedside for over 3 years. Even if this child pulls through this and gets healthy again, her life will still be measured in days and weeks.

Why would you feel bad because Rick Santorum is her father? It appears to me he has provided very well for his children. He has dropped everything to be at his child's bedside when she is sick. No matter how much I dislike Rick Santorum the politician, he certainly appears to be a loving Father.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I did ask a question in my posting, as well, I asked if it was your child who had days or weeks to live, are you really going to spend that time running a capaign to get elected....????!!??

Most people woudn't be in a position to choose, they would have to work to pay the medical bills.
I would like to think that most people, if they had the money for the bills, wouldn't choose to spend the little time that their child would be on this earth, running a capaign to get themselves elected.

If it was me, and my child was sick like that, and I had the money to pay the bills, I would spend every second I had with her.

To answer your question, no it is not a bad thing that he is taking time off to be with her, it is a bad thing that he is not taking more time off.

He puts mor importance on becoming the republican nominee, than the little time he has with his child, that he will NEVER get back.

-add- I am not trying to provoke people, also I want to make a point, that I am not sayign he shouldn't be doing anything but tending to his child, but working , and running an election for president, is two completly different things. The capaign will continue to take up more and more of his time.

That is my opinion. I do understant that they have been worried about her since she was one year old.
But don't make him out to be a saint either.

edit on 29-1-2012 by KingAtlas because: add

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Read the response above yours. That's as well said as anything I could say to you.

You just don't get it.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
We all love our children, as I,m sure Santorium does.
If this man ever succeeds in his aspirations, to be POTUS, please save some thoughts for the countless children in far away lands that will be victims to his Policies.
I mean, they do count too, don't they?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join