It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Liam Neeson admits muslim prayer got into his spirit. May convert.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My 1st thought was 'what?!?' I am deeply disappointed to read this. I know most could care less about this but I just thought I'd share it. I was unaware of he had such a spiritual crisis. I had always figured him the unwaivering christian for the roles he's played.
World Bulletin Net
edit on 27-1-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Doesn't surprise me any since the Pope created Islam anyway way back when Muhammad was just getting going. Theyre pretty much the same religion right down to the Mary (er, Astarte) worship. Well, i hope he enjoys the oikomene.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I hope Liam Neeson is not getting confused between Turkish/Arabian culture (which I can understand, it's quite unique and grows on you very quickly) to that of Islam. Islam is a religion, not a culture.

If Liam is considering becoming a Muslim, then I truely believe he's psychologically weak.

I spent 4 months in Egypt listening the call to the mosque numerous times a day and I hated it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The hell lonewofl, you're on some funky stuff there man..?

If liam converts to islam, I'll never see schindlers list in the same light ever again.

liam, dont do it, god will still love you if he even exists... He told me so in a dream I had about a dream I had in a memory I once forgot..

edit on 27-1-2012 by mainidh because: woops I almost let the cat out fo the bag there, I said I and not he.. Silly omnipotent persons I am!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Doesn't surprise me any since the Pope created Islam anyway way back when Muhammad was just getting going. Theyre pretty much the same religion right down to the Mary (er, Astarte) worship. Well, i hope he enjoys the oikomene.

Pope???
No way...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.islamicity.com...

I don;t hope Islam is real either but it seems evidence may be suggesting otherwise.From what I see,Islam might be a continuation of the abrahamic religions

edit on 28-1-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

since the Pope created Islam anyway way back when Muhammad was just getting going

wow. I... I... I just dont know what to say to this.
I dont even want to know where you heard this....

Theyre pretty much the same religion right down to the Mary (er, Astarte) worship.

You really think Islam teaches Mary worship? Seriously???
edit on 28-1-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Do you just make up things to bash the Church with?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Originally posted by 547000

If you ask for proof of this claim, you will be presented with a youtube video or a website where some "christian" leader presents his opinion as fact. Sadly these internet prophets seem to be getting a lot of attention from "christians" these days.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Nah, other people make them up for me
. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. Read the bible, making an image of anything in heaven or on earth is idolatry. Kissing it, and adoring it and praying to it is also idolatry. I can point at everything the R.C.C. does and find scripture that commands against it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

So, tell me, why can't Protestants do miracles and what happened to all those people from Jesus' time to the Protestant heresy?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

So, tell me, why can't Protestants do miracles and what happened to all those people from Jesus' time to the Protestant heresy?

Catholics don't do miracles. Protestant "heresy"? You people worship idols, your Pope calls himself Father, your priests call themselves Father, a title Jesus forbade anyone to call themselves or for anyone else to call them. You transmute the wine into blood and drinking blood is forbidden to Christians via the Council of Jerusalem, you transmute the bread into his flesh which is cannibalism and that is also a sin. Not to mention transmuting and transubstantiation is sorcery and witchcraft is a sin, not to mention you pray for the dead to forgive their sins and that too is witchcraft. There is only 1 priest and that is Jesus and he is the only one of the order of Melchisidek. You folks are alcoholics as can be, your "priests" too and imbibing strong drink is also forbidden to christians. Your priests have a liking to having sex with little boys and thats pedophilia and homosexuality is also a sin so theres a double whammy for sexual immorality. Then theres the goddess worship of the Queen of Heaven you call Mary but who is really Astarte/Ishtar/Isis. The Jesuits I.H.S. symbol stands for Isis, Horus and Seb, the egyptian pagan trinity. Pope Gregory changed the "christian" or shall i say anti-christian calendar from the original 13 month calendar the true christians were using so that the christian holidays that were originally the same as the jewish feastdays ended up falling on pagan festivals instead. Passover isn't on good friday. Passover is always on the new moon of "April" and Jesus was crucified on Passover and the days always change bcause the days can fall on whatever day the new moon falls on. In fact, Jesus wasn't even born on december 25th, he was concieved around the 25th of Kislev in which the year he was born Chanakuh fell on the 20th-28th of december in that year just like in 2011. Count forward 9 months and Jesus is born during Tishrei near Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) not too long after the jewish new year Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) and Rosh Hoshana (Feast of Trumpets). You see, before you pagans changed the Calendar (the antichrist has the power to change times and dates and even to "absolve" sins) we used the hebrew 13 month calendar. I can tell you more about true christianity than you even know because all you know is that paganized crap that you have been shovelfed all your life by the very people that have been brainwashing you to do Lucifer's will.

Oh and here's a short list of blasphemies your Popes have uttered complete with catholic references because you wouldn't believe anything that comes from a real christian.

Blasphemies of the Popes
edit on 28-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Catholics don't do miracles. Protestant "heresy"? You people worship idols, your Pope calls himself Father, your priests call themselves Father, a title Jesus forbade anyone to call themselves or for anyone else to call them. You transmute the wine into blood and drinking blood is forbidden to Christians via the Council of Jerusalem, you transmute the bread into his flesh which is cannibalism and that is also a sin. Not to mention transmuting and transubstantiation is sorcery and witchcraft is a sin. There is only 1 priest and that is Jesus and he is the only one of the order of Melchisidek. You folks are alcoholics as can be, your "priests" too and imbibing strong drink is also forbidden to christians. Your priests have a liking to having sex with little boys and thats pedophilia and homosexuality is also a sin so theres a double whammy for sexual immorality. Then theres the goddess worship of the Queen of Heaven you call Mary but who is really Astarte/Ishtar/Isis. The Jesuits I.H.S. symbol stands for Isis, Horus and Seb, the egyptian pagan trinity. Pope Gregory changed the "christian" or shall i say anti-christian calendar from the original 13 month calendar the true christians were using so that the christian holidays that were originally the same as the jewish feastdays ended up falling on pagan festivals instead. Passover isn't on good friday. Passover is always on the new moon of "April" and Jesus was crucified on Passover and the days always change bcause the days can fall on whatever day the new moon falls on. In fact, Jesus wasn't even born on december 25th, he was concieved around the 25th of Kislev in which the year he was born Chanakuh fell on the 20th-28th of december in that year just like in 2011. Count forward 9 months and Jesus is born during Tishrei near Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) not too long after the jewish new year Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) and Rosh Hoshana (Feast of Trumpets). You see, before you pagans changed the Calendar (the antichrist has the power to change times and dates and even to "absolve" sins) we used the hebrew 13 month calendar. I can tell you more about true christianity than you even know because all you know is that paganized crap that you have been shovelfed all your life by the very people that have been brainwashing you to do Lucifer's will.

Oh and here's a short list of blasphemies your Popes have uttered complete with catholic references because you wouldn't believe anything that comes from a real christian.

Blasphemies of the Popes

Can you point to any protestant miracle like at Lourdes or Fatima? What about stigmata and incorruptibility? And you still did not answer my question. What happened during that time-frame? Did everyone go to hell until Martin Luther came around? Those people would have been "worshipping idols" and "worshipping" Mary, not to mention taking the Eucharist.
edit on 28-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Can you point to any protestant miracle like at Lourdes or Fatima? What about stigmata and incorruptibility? And you still did not answer my question. What happened during that time-frame? Did everyone go to hell until Martin Luther came around? Those people would have been "worshipping idols" and "worshipping" Mary, not to mention taking the Eucharist.

I can point to plenty of fake miracles the Catholic Church has perpetrated. I find it rather funny that your Pope likes to go into a cave to consult Mary...because thats exactly where the pagans went to consult their gods and goddess...a cave with an oracle in it.

Ask yourself this. Why would the Holy Spirit need stigmata? Theres no such thing as incorruptability except for Jesus, not until the very end when Satan is sent into the fire and the old heaven and earth are destroyed. Jesus gives humanity a taste of Eden for 1000 years but even then Satan will be loosed from his prison for a short season. The Holy Spirit doesn't need to perform cheap parlor tricks to save people. Youre supposed to test spirits before you believe them and that is biblical, but you folks swallow everything this so called female...thing has to say in resorting to tricking 3 little kids alone out in the woods.

When God showed himself everyone knew it and knew he was there. The sound of him talking nearly drove the prophets mad, so much to the point that they begged him to stop talking because they felt like their heads were going to explode so the prophecies he gave only came in short bursts. When he appeared on Mt Sinai the Israelites that couldn't go up the mountain could still see the fire in the distance.

Did they go to hell in Martin Luthers time? Pick up a real bible, the King James Version and see what it has to say about that. Jesus forgives all sins except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and the R.C.C. is doing that on an hourly basis. Btw, the King James bible was compiled by catholic monks who converted to protestant when they found out what the Pope was perpetrating. If it wasn't for Peter Waldo and the Waldenses and the french Hugenaughts there wouldn't be a bible left that hadn't been corrupted by people who sought to keep it written in dead languages. I am not saying there are not some catholics that really do love Christ but all those things you do that is contrary to God negates that. The laws of Moses are still binding, Jesus did not do away with those laws, he just paid the price for our failure if we break them but that does not mean his sacrificce was a license to sin. Think about this, WHY would the R.C.C. make reading the bible a mortal sin? For a very long time it was outlawed for anyone to read the bible that wasn't in the "priesthood". Do you think Jesus kept the Word secret?

Matthew 10:25-28

25It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
26So have no fear of them; for nothing is concealed that will not be revealed, or kept secret that will not become known.
27What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered in the ear, proclaim upon the housetops.
28And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be afraid of Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell (Gehenna).

Lets not forget the R.C.C. selling indulgences, and selling real-estate in heaven which is unbiblical. They add words to the bible and remove them as they see fit. It stinks of corruption. They consort with civil powers and gain worldly power and wealth when Jesus said to cast off the trappings of the world. Jesus never commissioned anyone to seek the powers of this world (the powers of satan). Do you think Christ would have condoned the Spanish inquisition or the burning at the stakes of hundreds of thousands of protestant christians? Did Jesus ever murder anyone? Use some common sense! Jesus should be your model, if he wouldn't do it neither should you!

edit on 28-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Pharisees also called the work of Christ a work of the Devil, and you're repeating the same mistake. Read up on the early church fathers and tell me without shame you can still follow heresies like faith alone. Miracles still happen, but because protestants don't have them they attribute it to Satan. But maybe it's a sign you're in a wrong side of it.
edit on 28-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumSeeker

I don;t hope Islam is real either but it seems evidence may be suggesting otherwise.From what I see,Islam might be a continuation of the abrahamic religions

Have you read the Quran and the Hadiths? It is not a continuation in any way. The reason most Muslims do not want you to read the Hadiths is because they expose Mohammed for what he was, a liar, adulterer, child rapist and killer. Then they tell you that you can only understand the Quran in Arabic, and yet their own scholars translate the Quran into every language. Then they tell you they don't follow Hadiths, and yet Qurans have the Hadiths in the footnotes.

Islam is not an Abrahamic religion by any means, otherwise they would accept the covenant given to Abraham that his promise came through Isaac. Then they tell you that it was scribes who changed the convenant, and yet not saying the Torah has been the same always. Then they tell you the Bible was corrupted and the same time telling you to read the Bible. They have no evidence to prove it and when, they just go on something Mohammed said.

If Liam Neeson is considering this, I will never watch another movie with him in it and I think he is just playing to the Muslims to get ticket sales. Yes, we can see how this helped the music career of Yuseff Islam, otherwise known as Cat Stevens.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Hmm, let's discuss this in a rational manner. Martin Luther was not the first Protestant by the way. The Lollards were before him and had some very harsh things to say.
The Twelve Conclusions of the Lollards

We can see here some things the Catholic bishops and priests were guilty of.

The Third Conclusion, sorrowful to hear, is: That the law of continence annexed to priesthood, that in prejudice of women was first ordained, induces sodomy in Holy Church; but we excuse us by the Bible, for the suspect decree that says we should not name it. Reason and experience prove this conclusion. For delicious meats and drinks of men of Holy Church will have needful purgation or worse. Experience for the privy assay of such men is that they like not women. The corollary of this conclusion is that the private religions. beginners of this sin, were most worthy to be annulled but God, for his might, of privy sin send open vengeance.

They were openly practicing sodomy and denying women any say.

The eighth conclusion needful to tell the people beguiled is the pilgrimage, prayers, and offerings made to blind roods and deaf images of tree and stone be near kin to idolatry and far from alms deeds. And though this forbidden imagery be a book of errors to the lewd people, yet the image used of Trinity is most abominable. This conclusion God openly showeth, commanding to do almsdeeds to men that be needy. for they be the image of God in a more likeness than the stock of the stone, for God sayeth not Faciamus lignum ad ymaginem et similitudinem nostram aut lapidem, but faciamus hominem etc

The Rood service? A ceremony twice a year when they worshiped trees and rocks on a pilgrimage?

But the law of mercy, that is the New Testament, forbade all manslaughter: in euangelio dictum est antiquis. Non occides. The corollary is: it is an holy robbing of poor people when lords purchase indulgences a pena et a culpa to them that helpeth with his host. and gathereth to slay the Christian men in far lands for good temporal, as we have seen. And knights, that run to heathenness to get them a name in slaying of men, get much maugré of the King of Peace; for the meekness and sufferance our belief was multiplied, and fighters and manslayers Jesu Christ hateth and menaceth. Qui gladio percutit, gladio peribit.

The Crusades were not about a holy war to save the holy land, but to bring glory to the priests, bishops and knights.

The rood service was this...

The rood itself provided a focus for worship, most especially in Holy Week, when worship was highly elaborate. During Lent the rood was veiled; on Palm Sunday it was revealed before the procession of palms and the congregation knelt before it. The whole Passion story would then be read from the rood loft, at the foot of the crucifix, by three ministers.

The focus of worship....that means the people were worshiping a piece of wood instead of Jesus Christ, that expressly forbids the making of anything of stone or wood to be worshiped. The commandment was "thou shalt not make unto thee ANY graven image, of anything in the heaven or the earth or anything beneath the earth to bow down and worship it.

To worship the rood instead of Jesus Christ, who is living now and forever, is idolatry.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Islam is not an Abrahamic religion by any means, otherwise they would accept the covenant given to Abraham that his promise came through Isaac.

"Islam is not an Abrahamic religion by any means"
Thats your personal opinion. The fact is, Islams reveres all the old testament prophets. Adam, Abraham, Moses, Isaac, David, Solomon, Joseph etc. and also maintains the original monotheism of Abrahams faith.. the core concept of an "Abrahamic religion".

If anything, christianity is not an Abrahamic religion because of its non-Abrahamic concepts such as trinity, "God becoming man", atonement of sin through blood, and other pagan ideas infused into it during its handling by pagan forces under Constantine.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

And yet for all your accusations protestants cannot have miraculous things happen because they follow the 5 solas, the teachings of men, and they have the gall to accuse Catholics of the same thing. Anyone rooted in church history will have to give up protestantism. All you have to do is educate yourself as to why Catholics believe what they do, rather than accuse them of being the anti-christ.

Again my question as to whether all people went to hell until after 1000 AD was conveniently ignored, because the answer puts a huge obstacle in protestant beliefs.

Sorry if I offended you. I am done with lonewolf. In his fervor and ignorance he constantly accuses the Church. If he learned about the foundations of Christianity he would know Catholics are the original Christians. History and reason shows this. The fact that the early church fathers believed the same things the church now teaches contradicts the claim that the teachings were corrupted over time. Either all churches were corrupted from the Apostle's teachings themselves, or the protestant claims are just wrong.
edit on 29-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Thats your personal opinion. The fact is, Islams reveres all the old testament prophets. Adam, Abraham, Moses, Isaac, David, Solomon, Joseph etc. and also maintains the original monotheism of Abrahams faith.. the core concept of an "Abrahamic religion".

If anything, christianity is not an Abrahamic religion because of its non-Abrahamic concepts such as trinity, "God becoming man", atonement of sin through blood, and other pagan ideas infused into it during its handling by pagan forces under Constantine.

Indeed, I ask God to guide us all to the true path.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Islam is not an Abrahamic religion by any means, otherwise they would accept the covenant given to Abraham that his promise came through Isaac.

It is easy to think it is an Abrahamic religion at a simple glance, but look deeper. Islam is the religion of Hubal, the fact that they worship the black rock in Mecca is because someone attributed it to Abraham and Ishmael, without even proving any time in which Abraham was actually there. Abraham was never in Mecca, and not with Ishmael and the Zam Zam water is attributed to Hagar, but Hagar was never there either. She was Egyptian and the Bible is very clear on where she settled, and it was never in Mecca.

Hubal has always been associated with the moon, including the certain rituals performed including walking between Al-Safa and Al-Marwa. Those were still revered by Mohammed and kept, even though he told his followers they were not polytheists. They circumambulate the Kaaba, which was another pre-Islamic tradition that Mohammed still revered even 22 years after his "conversion to monotheism" in which Mohammed smashed the idols. Yes, 22 years after his "revelation" he still worshiped Hubal in the Kaaba.

The simple fact he still retains the same worship style always associated with Hubal, including the crescent moon, merely indicates he condones the worship of Hubal by naming him allah. Allah is a word which simply means "the god". So when asked what the name of their god is, they always say allah. The truth is, it is and always has been Hubal.

The Kaaba is the cube holding the black rock that Muslims have always worshiped, a thousand years before Mohammed. So yes, they are Hubal worshipers. History proves it, archeology proves it and their own Quran and Hadiths prove it. The problem is they are permitted to commit Taquiyya, which is deception. So how can you convince someone when they are so engrained psychologically to accept taqiyya?

The God of the Bible says "thou shalt not lie", Mohammed approved taqiyya under the mandate of allah. The God of the Bible swears by Himself because there is nothing higher to swear by, but allah swears by the seen and unseen. So therefore, they are not the same religion by any means. They know it, and when they tell you it is, they are performing taqiyya.

Taqiyya (alternate spellings taqiya, taqiyah, tuqyah), meaning religious dissimulation,[1] is a practice emphasized in Shi'a Islam whereby adherents may conceal their religion when they are under threat, persecution, or compulsion.[2] This means a legal dispensation whereby a believing individual can deny his faith or commit otherwise illegal or blasphemous acts while they are under those risks

Are they under risk by being exposed? Yes. Can they commit illegal acts and claim taqiyya? Yes. Can they do it to other muslims? Yes. Why follow a religion that permits rape and murder to cover it by taqiyya? Oh, I forgot, the God of the Bible that says "thou shalt not kill" is the same...right?

Not the same, not by a long shot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join