It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money you have to spend!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Money is really just a medium of exchange and a way of allocating resources. But it has came to define humanity. Is the problem with humanity that we need instead of a medium of exchange a medium of allocation. Money kept for too long not being worth anything, becoming worthless. So you have a fixed date to spend it, and so resources get allocated without accumulation of wealth: at least more difficult. Could this destroy money being the route of all evil?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Greed of money is the route of all evil, not money itself.

It's like guns and knifes, they're useless until a person is put behind them with a motive, they can use them for good or bad.

The problem with taking money out of any situation is how to quantify the value of different things etc...

e.g. If I wanted to buy a car, how do you value that compared to a cow or a boat or a gold ring?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Money you had to spend would virtually eradicate all recessions. After all a recession is basically when people stop spending money, if they have to spend money then there would be no recessions. So money with a shelf life of say a week would create a recession free world, better levels of employment, and be virtually impossible for some blue chip ceo idiot to mess up.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I suppose it would solve the accumilation of wealth but what would there be worth living for?

I mean, how would you set wages so someone would earn enough to buy a sportscar or a house?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The price of these things would have to reduce, or few would be able to buy them. Of cause there is one problem the rich would always be rich, n recessions no way of reallocating wealth. To be rich would to always be rich. People would still be able to invest. But people would probably spend aiding the economy. I must admit I would be pissed if anyone ever brought it in: meaning I could not save my own money. It would probably still work better though.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Greed of money is the route of all evil, not money itself.

It's like guns and knifes, they're useless until a person is put behind them with a motive, they can use them for good or bad.

The problem with taking money out of any situation is how to quantify the value of different things etc...

e.g. If I wanted to buy a car, how do you value that compared to a cow or a boat or a gold ring?

I disagree, one definition of slave is being dependent on something to live. You are a slave to money and who ever controls the money you are a slave to. So not only are you slave to your job, your a slave to the people printing it. Sure their are natural needs, such as food and water, we are a slave to that but why do we need to create one more thing to slave over? You cant get food with out money, you cant even grow food with out money. I think ME mentality is to blame for most of this. If we just shared then their would not be any problems with getting food. We would have to sacrafice our technical achievements and focus more on spiritual and evolution achievements. We make things complicated, we want a network globe so we can eat our forighn fruit. But we really dont need all the trash we have today. I look around my room and see a abundance of crap I dont need. Entertainment, to keep my mind occupied from what really matters in life. Including this computer. Technical advancements dont matter at this point. Shelter, food, and philosophical teaching, so that when you die you fell you have learned something instead of spending it infront of a TV or at a job. You will have allot of regrets when you die.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

That's interesting, because where you actually disagree with me, I agree with you.

If I had 1000 dollars and spent that on food for other people, that's not evil, but if I were to keep the cash, we'd be in your "me me me" situation and my "greed" situation.

We don't need money for food as you say, plants grow for free, we don't need to pay for shelter, we can build houses from trees, we can get water from the sky, everything we really "NEED" IS free!

Personally, i think we'd all be much better off without money completely and lived by giving your time and doing favours. So if you wanted your house painting and I was good at it, I'll do it for you and you can do a job for me when I need it, be it right away or in 10 years.

top topics

join