It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-4 years later, after being strongly anti-Obama....I will be voting for him for a second term.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The Obama Renaissance. Predictable.

When a man's popularity hits the floor, having been criticized from every direction, it's only natural some would want to root for him.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Thanks buddy. I figure if people look at the facts, see the events that have actually transpired and at least occasionally try to stop being an addict to only Fox News. I also watch it but rarely, still I know you really need to get more then a reactionary or all liberal all the time point of view, I try to get as many different perspectives as possible, then Obama has a good chance of re-election. But it aint over till it's over. The GOP can hardly claim Obama is soft on defense, an area very important to me and often a Democratic weakness. Not this time. The Republicans seem to think after Bush gutted basic rules of accountability in the financial area and environment, they want more of the same!. What is wrong with these people? They have no problem taxing the poor and middle class but don't dare think of having anyone making millions have to pay a reasonable share.

I'm a businessman, and employ a fair number of people. I offer an excellent salary and benefits way above the norm. Why? Because its not just good business to treat people well but there's this thing called acting in a morally correct and just decent manner. And please don't give us this nonsense about that if the rich keeping most of their money, and pay the lowest tax's or none at all, in some cases it will trickle down, that they will use all the money they save to invest in equipment and hire people. Oh yeah that was what happened thanks to the GOP, Bush, and those who actually defend this crap and can somehow keep a straight face. Hope to God we kick out the ass's that belong the tea party idiots in Congress, you know the ones who from when elected in 2010 had as their ONLY GOAL was to do everything in their power not represent all the people, do the work thats in their f****** job description under "United States Congress" oh no, just get rid of Obama. The only goal and thing they have done is well nothing.

Don't think many have not noticed, even my father who's a cross between Patton and a robber baron as anyone would not hope to meet has told me; "I can't vote for people so stupid and clueless and greedy that to vote for them is damn near a war crime" And my Dad was a major participate in Goldwater's campaign organization in 1964.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

I'll tell you what, Obama would be a better choice than Santorum, Gingrich, or Romney... It's just such a shame Obama has broken numerous promises he made while campaigning the first time around, and continues to raise the debt ceiling limit. How is that change for the better? Sounds more like burden for the future. I just wonder what dubious promises he will make during his second campaign?

As far as I can tell, all polititians in general lie. He isn't the first, nor will he be the last. Foul fall the lot of them...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Mark my words, every second sentence from here till November , Obama will use the term , Middle Class.

He is going to promise the middle class the Moon, (newts moon )

He is going to tell you about all his job plans, how it wont be easy, But as an experienced POTUS, only

he can lead the way.

And the Gullible will follow the Piper again.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

I'm a businessman, and employ a fair number of people. I offer an excellent salary and benefits way above the norm. Why? Because its not just good business to treat people well but there's this thing called acting in a morally correct and just decent manner. And please don't give us this nonsense about that if the rich keeping most of their money, and pay the lowest tax's or none at all, in some cases it will trickle down, that they will use all the money they save to invest in equipment and hire people.

You're a good man....and wow...I sure wish there was more out there like you....if there were...this country would be on top again. Ultimately...good wages paid to workers get spent on other businesses....it's a good cycle...constantly on the upswing...instead we are going in the opposite direction. Less wages means less money that is spent....meaning less demand....meaning few jobs and pay....rinse/repeat.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

So........

Because the others are Evil,you will be voting for the current Evil.

If there are things you ONCE were "STRONGLY STRONGLY" against,and now you are flip-flopping on your own issues,then you are actually NO better then those who are in office. MHO

Compromise comes with a price.

edit on 27-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

It's not so simple. How can ONE man complete change? With COOPERATION.....and as far as I see it Congress is more apt to HOLD AMERICANS hostage that to try to work for Americans. Obama, needs support and cooperation, any and EVERY President does. What I was hoping for in Obama, was that he wasn't lead by LOBBISTS as all of Congress is, that he would try to work for the good of the American People, NONE of the GOP will, so I am at a loss of whom to vote for....but it looks like the lesser of evils, That will more than likely be Obama.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

it's good to see people like you are still alive and kicking, and I hope many more follow your path.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If there are things you ONCE were "STRONGLY STRONGLY" against,and now you are flip-flopping on your own issues,then you are actually NO better then those who are in office. MHO Compromise comes with a price.

You can look at all of my old threads....there are many. this was no instant change. This happened over a long period of time.

Want to know why my opinions change?

A daughter.

Not long after I first starting posting here...right when the economy began to collapse...I found out I was having a daughter. I started to freak as I wondered what was going to happen with a kid on the way...also knew absolutely nothing about politics.

I was raised Republican...my old man votes R down the line every time.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by depeche
What I was hoping for in Obama, was that he wasn't lead by LOBBISTS as all of Congress is.......

More than 40 former lobbyists work in senior positions in the Obama administration, including three Cabinet secretaries and the CIA director. Yet in his State of the Union address, Obama claimed, "We've excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs."

Obama makes a mockery of his own lobbyist ban

Despite a pledge not to take money from lobbyists, President Obama has relied on prominent supporters who are active in the lobbying industry to raise millions of dollars for his re-election bid. At least 15 of Mr. Obama’s “bundlers” — supporters who contribute their own money to his campaign and solicit it from others — are involved in lobbying for Washington consulting shops or private companies. They have raised more than $5 million so far for the campaign. …

NYT: Yes, Obama’s getting big bucks from lobbyists

But.. But... But... But... But... But..........

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by sonnny1

If there are things you ONCE were "STRONGLY STRONGLY" against,and now you are flip-flopping on your own issues,then you are actually NO better then those who are in office. MHO Compromise comes with a price.

You can look at all of my old threads....there are many. this was no instant change. This happened over a long period of time.

Want to know why my opinions change?

A daughter.

Not long after I first starting posting here...right when the economy began to collapse...I found out I was having a daughter. I started to freak as I wondered what was going to happen with a kid on the way...also knew absolutely nothing about politics.

I was raised Republican...my old man votes R down the line every time.

Actually I have three children. Pops was a AFL-CIO member for life,and coincidentally votes "D" like taking his communion wafers. I vote for who I think is the right candidate. I sleep better that way,Regardless if its D,R,or I....At least I can ALWAYS say my convictions stand true. Think about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Funny. As my youngest son gets older (he's 8) I get MORE conservative.

I will say this, children play a large part in any political ideology.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Election Promises , I could put a lot more, these 2 sucked me in

"Within 30 days of my Presidentcy, I will bring the Troops home"

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Obama doesn't control squat.

So it doesn't really matter if it's Obama, Newt or Romney, it'll all end up the same thing.

Yeah but most people, including OP wants to be part of something they have no control over. Also, it's easier for TPTB to play the blame game. Dems are in the office, let them blame the Reps and vice a versa. Even the ones that I find intelligent can't seem to see the big picture and always complain about the corruption that's going on regardless of the parties...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Obama = stronger middle class, more american companies, investment in America, end of corruption.

GOP = 1%,The wealthy, will be in power, no more middle class, more investment in oversea business, more taxes for the working class, more money for oil companies,no research for green energy, MORE WARS STARTED OVER MONEY AND POWER !!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's the youth of the country that always makes changes....and that's because they usually don't vote. The Vietnam war would have never ended if it wasn't for the young rising up....there are similarities to things that are happening today....admit it or not.

When they do vote....when those of us that are older are stuck in our ways...that's when real change happens. My god, i wish I was young again...now all i do is work work work. I go nowhere, i do nothing....just continue to bust my ass to keep food on the table and try to keep the bills paid.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Ever kept a promise you couldn't keep, but wanted to? I have....despite everything in my power not to do so. I'm sorry, i just don't think Obama wants to send people to their death. His recent actions prove to me he wants to get us out of these wars.....no...he's not going to pull out the troops in all the military bases.....but he is pulling troops in combat action home....and that's better than what we will get with a Republican President.

I could never be President. I've read things about Lyndon Johnson...who everyday asked his advisors, "How many of our boys did we lose today?" He was utterly devasted for the loss of life. I can't imagine bearing that burden for the good of our country.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

My oldest son is 19. Asks weekly, who I'm voting for. I won't tell him. give him reading assignments (which include whitehouse dot gov) ATS, and other sites.

He's voting for either Paul or Romney.

And he's 19.

So there still might be hope.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

He just sent 15000 troops to Kuiwat , must be for a weeks at Club Med.

3 Aircraft Carriers enjoying the Sea air in Hormuz,

Thats a Peace President.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Compromise comes with a price.

Compromise always comes with a price....that's why it's called compromise. None of us will ever get everything we want....there are over 330 million of us in this country alone. Common ground is the only way....you have to give/take to be a successful country.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join