It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Spheres Fall from the Sky in the UK

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by Okandetre

The story says that the spheres were around 3cm's in diameter........ so a decent Marble size in my opinion....

Interstellar seeds ??
Some strange chemical which has been saponified in the upper atmosphere with the current solar storm ??
Some crap off a plane ??

WEIRD...

That was my first thought - water from a plane's toilet, freezing and falling as blue hailstones. I wouldn't touch them.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Funny how everyone says their just hydration balls but he clearly states they rained down during a hail storm. I guess everything is just so easily explained these days.

No he does not, he says that he noticed them on the ground after a short hailstone fall...

You should check what he said first before saying he didn't!

"As the story explains, Steve Hornsby from Bournemouth said the 3cm diameter balls came raining down late on Thursday afternoon during a hail storm."

"Came raining down" indicates he saw them falling!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
I find it odd that they put the story out without even running chemical tests on it. It just wreaks of another small town wanting 15 minutes of fame to put them on the map.

Like I said, I live there and that seems like an entirely fair comment.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

That is just a myth. passenger jets don't empty toilet tanks whilst airborne. uk.answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Well, you have to understand...these aren't just any balls. These are tiny tiny balls, that could easily be picked up in the wind....and then soak up the moisture and rain to make them grow. Where they would then become to heavy and fall back down..in the rain and hail. Its not entirely out of the question. I can see it now...my child leaves her bowl of polymers (thats what they are) out on our back deck (which is where she is allowed to do her crafts) a rain and wind storm comes and off they go.....landing a few hours later miles away in wherever the storm passed onto next. Believe me...it would not be that difficult..especially considering how extremely popular these toys have become.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Gas chromatography mass spectrometry, DNA Sequencing & Fragment Analysis ,scanning electron microscope using the annular dark-field method,

Come on guys, no one has tried any of these? Because if they have then it truely is an "unknown substance"

I think it would be easily debunked if it was something as simple as a frog egg or gelatin ball.

Bill

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

well..on one side we have orbeez....which happen to be polymers..which happen to be rumored to be involved in cloud seeding....now, I'm all for freak accident and someone simply left their little polymers out in a bowl planning on planting something when an updraft from a storm came along and carried the little suckers off...however, at the same time..I have seen NASA's cloud machine..which does in fact make rain..lots of it. So..in both cases they are definitely polymers, the question is..are they government polymers or someone's planting craft tool? hehehehe.... in either case...they're harmless and its not like the government is going to pop up and say "Oh, you caught us!"

I definitely seriously do not believe they are aliens ready to infect us with alien DNA. Or any other such theory.

By the way..someone in a post above asked if they could be eaten...because they for some odd reason would like to. Yes...as a matter of fact you can. I don't know this from experience..but the package inside my daughter's mood lamp says not harmful if swallowed...but please, for the sake of my stomach ... don't do it....K?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Orbeez? Plant hydration balls?

I've played with both of these things..
and they do not break into pieces (like glass) like these in the photos apparently have.

Why do you people not think through the rubbish you spew?

Yes, they resemble both orbeez and water silica spheres,
But neither orbeez nor "watering marbles" simply crack in half like this.

And they feel the same on the inside and the outside.
Cut one in half, as i have done a few times..
They are consistently the same all the way through.
You fail.
lol
edit on 28-1-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Orbeez do in fact break..if you place enough pressure on them...I can show you some pics if you like of the ones my daughter has...that she did in fact break apart into tiny pieces "just for the fun of it" due to them being crystal looking with color..they do in fact look a little like glass if you don't know exactly what you are looking at. Obviously..the guy in the news article himself said they are rubbery..and yet...its split in half and looks like glass......

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Okay..I've read the article several times..and here is word for word what the guy says. lets look at this logically, shall we?

"Steve Hornsby from Bournemouth said the 3cm diameter balls came raining down late on Thursday afternoon during a hail storm"

Okay, this is what he says...but his next sentence is:
"He found about a dozen of the balls in his garden. He said: "[They're] difficult to pick up, I had to get a spoon and flick them into a jam jar."

so...did he see them rain down? or did he simply assume they rained down after seeing them in his "garden" after the rain storm.

he then says: "As I walked outside to go to the garage there was an instant hail storm for a few seconds and I thought, 'what's that in the grass'?"

So, I'm starting to think...he didn't actually "see" them rain down. He states that they did so...but....I'm thinking he "assumed" they came with the rain. Which is exactly what normal people would think....there was nothing in his yard,...rain came...now there is something in his yard..so the assumption would be..."they rained down"

last he states: "They have an exterior shell with a softer inner but have no smell, aren't sticky and do not melt."
he never ever says the exterior shell is hard. In fact, the description of the picture states: "The blue spheres are jelly-like but have no smell and are not sticky"

never once does it say they are hard on the outside and different on the inside.

so...my thoughts? the polymers were in the dry hard tiny state in his yard (someone may have sprinkled them in the garden..without telling him) and when the rain came..they drew in the moisture as they are made to do and increased in volume.

What we need to know is...does he have a wife? does he have kids? is it possible that like my grandmother did.....he bought them...thinking that you sprinkle them in the garden just as is...not realizing you grow them with water.....yes..my grandmother did this. She bought the bag and sprinkled the things all over her flower bed, and then called me to say "I don't know how in the world these things hold in water....they're hard and tiny, but I guess we'll see what happens." my response? "Grandma...you grew them first..right?" "what?" "in water grandma..your suppose to soak them in water first" "oh...well...no..." LOL.

I'm telling you people...its not aliens!

I can see now..the wife comes home to reporters in her yard and ends up being to embarrassed to tell her husband "honey...they're garden helpers for water."...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Only one guy reported them in only his yard. Could be a neighbor was tossing them about, or shooting them from a slingshot, which is possible. Since they're used in aviation, it could be a few fell from a plane engine. As I've said, the applications are high. If the government is cloud seeding with them, that too can be easily found out. Take the sample and have someone look in to it. Have it sent off to be tested by a civilian company to be tested for chemicals in the material, if anything other than the normal make up of the gel is present we'll know the truth. Personally, I don't think there's a conspiracy a foot in this situation. One yard and one guy's hearsay opinion does not evidence make.

Originally posted by Nkinga
reply to post by Ahmose

Pics of broken blue orbeez:
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...
www.flickr.com...

Nailed it. Thanks.

edit on 28-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Those orbeez are hollow but the balls shown in the source article are solid all the way though. So they are not the same object.

edit on 28-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i have seen these balls before, we use them for soaking up water and releasing it in a timeperiod

for example in flowerpots, or just for decoration, must have been trown out of an aircraft from the tiolet or something

www.vmbaby.com...#

and if you let them soak up perfume, it will smell in your house for like 3-4 months

dont know if you can click on it, but click on the picture and click next, youll see
edit on 28-1-2012 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Also I tend to believe that FugitiveSoul and others are probably right and this substance hasn't fallen from the sky, I want to post information, that an alternative scenario is also possible.

Here is a patent for using gelatinous polymers for weather modification.

US-Patent-6315213 – Method of Modifying Weather

Abstract

A method for artificially modifying the weather by seeding rain clouds of a storm with suitable cross-linked aqueous polymer. The polymer is dispersed into the cloud and the wind of the storm agitates the mixture, causing the polymer to absorb the rain. This reaction forms a gelatinous substance which precipitate the surface below. Thus, diminishing the clouds ability to rain.

www.wikipatents.com...

Peter Cordani is the inventor. Here is a link to his website. He appeared also on TV to talk about his invention.

Hurricane Project part 1 of 4 - Weather Modification (rest on Youtube)

I believe such polymers would probably only be dispersed over the ocean. Since Bournemouth is a coastal town it is possible, that the goo found in Hornsby's garden is the result of an experiment or secret usage of weather modifying polymers.

AFAIK there were no weather anomalies observed in Bournemouth on the 27th Jan.
uk.weather.com...

Information about the patent came from seattletruth.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

They are not hollow at all. Anyone with Orbeez or the same type of item used for plants knows..they are not in anyway shape or form hollow when ripped in half. They appear to be so due to the gel like look and clear rubbery like texture. Also..due to the light in my kitchen it reflects a lot...but no..they are not hollow at all. I can tell you that as the guy said in the article they appear to have a solid outside with a watery gel like inside...but ... that is not the case. The water condenses more on the inside which makes them feel more water there, as it slowly seeps out. If you look at the other pics in my flickr account you will see maybe one that shows what I mean. But no..not hollow
Just goes to show how your eyes and pics can play tricks on you.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Looks like just more fungus that happen to grow in abundance. chemtrail residue?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Looks like Orbees to me also..

That makes the most sense so far..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Looks abit like some fishing bait i have just recently found out about-

Link-www.lagunafp.eu...

i have been thinking of using the orange ones for carp fishing,but the ones in the OP look more like these ones-

Link-www.lagunafp.eu...

No idea how they would have got there though.

Regards to all

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The basic question from this case is, are these of a natural or man-made cause?

If they are natural, then we must understand the process of the water cycle, and other natural cycles that affect it.

If they are man-made, then we must look at the happenings of that particular day.

If they are both, then must both understand the process of the water cycle, other natural cycles that affect it, and how did we affect those cycles.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join