It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next in Line for Severe/Stormy Weather..Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Heads up fellow Texans, storms approaching... (large hail and damaging winds and also includes the threat of a few twisters.
www.weather.com...

Recent activity from WFAA..Doppler
www.wfaa.com...

edit on 24-1-2012 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
DFW reporting in

It's geting really cloudy and has just starting to rain a little bit...definitely worth to keep an eye on things since the threat of tornadoes is there

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. Today has been an eerie day too and its seems I know why now.
Tornadoes in January

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Denton area here, it's been overcast all day but an otherwise normal afternoon. Wanting to see a few showers tonight. Not too worried, the DFW metroplex has survived worse storms than this before.

*Knocks on wood*...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

They have been talking this up in Houston for a few days. I just hope we don't get the flooding we did last time. People here don't know how to drive in wet weather.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Going to be a long Tornado season.Living in Beebe,AR we escaped the last storm system,but may not be so lucky next time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yep..Tornados in January can be very unsettling. I am East of Dallas, and its cloudy here and starting to darken a bit in this greyish-tanish color..Almost smokey looking..Its getting closer.
I will be keeping my eyes on the news tonight for sure(and the sky)..Especially after what happened Sunday and Monday to those poor people in Alabama.
Hey Mother Earth, it's not spring yet... lol

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

Rain is much needed here, the welcome mat is out for lots of it of course...and we will take anything we can get, just not the bad stuff...No hail, flooding or twisters.. I hope not anyway..
I have been reading that this weather system is not as strong as the last, shouldnt be too bad..
But time will tell...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

New project to look at effectiveness of cloud seeding South Texas to be subject of the research

Cloud seeding has long been a controversial process, including here in Texas. Now, Dr. Roelof Bruintjes, a research scientist from the National Center for Atmospheric Research, believes he might be able to put an end to the argument.

www.ksat.com... ew-project-to-look-at-effectiveness-of-cloud-seeding/-/478452/7706908/-/ahvd0xz/-/index.html

Are they seeding around DFW area?
They were spraying something about a week ago south of Ft. Worth. About 4 jets.
I had globs of what looked like star jelly in my front and back yard the day after.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Badkro because: add link

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Badkro

Not sure about the seeding you asked about, but there are a lot of days when I seem chemtrails all over the sky..almost daily.
But here is what is causing the the atmosphere to charge up again..Will be tonight and tomorrow...Come on rain...

Upper Level Trough: The same upper trough that triggered the rain over the NFC Championship game in San Francisco will swing across the Southwest and help trigger heavy rain and severe weather over Texas through Wednesday.www.weather.com

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
San Antonio checking in, getting patches of heavy rain now and again and steady rain other times. Guess I should go out and till my soil.

Don't think ill be able to afford beef too much next summer

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Clouding seeding in Texas. Wow. I guess many aren't aware that they have a couple of Weather Modification bases here, one in San Angelo.
According to this site ---> www.tdlr.state.tx.us...
there are no funds available for the remainder of this year for cloud seeding.
But the bases can obtain permits to do so, as well as some mention of independent projects.

Update, the sky is getting darker over here. ( between Dallas and Abilene)
Here comes the rain!!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

"Trigger" heavy rain lol... interesting .gif though. Looks like God loading a barrel of rain into the revolver shape of Texas.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just got our first little ban of rain, the big stuff is on its way...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Heaviest thunderstorm activity from 6 PM to 6 AM. The green zone where higher moisture amounts are currently located.
Texas Storm Chasers....
www.facebook.com...

East Texas here, and starting to get some heavier showers, with thunder....
www.wfaa.com

edit on 24-1-2012 by lyons666 because: posted the old doppler by mistake

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Granbury.

Raining for the past two hours steadily, slight power fluctuations, thunder.

I'm sitting here pretty under my new roof enjoying it (so far)!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Good morning yall...
Lots of warnings and watches right now, looks a stormy day is producing a lot of flooding, severe thunder storms and Tornados.
Texas storm chasers posts all the latest on Facebook.
www.facebook.com...

Here is the latest Doppler showing lots of activity.

Stay alert Texas.

edit on 25-1-2012 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The Northwest Side Of San Antonio Some Major Structure Damage.
www.facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
West of Houston - We have been getting nailed for about 3 hours now. Had to reschedule some client appointments because the weather is really bad. Several possible tornadoes so far, large hail in some areas, can barely see the neighbor's house through the rain (about 50 yards). Possible tornado within a few miles of us. And it is supposed to go until this afternoon.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
We have been getting the heavy rain as well with some thunder and gusting winds.
Keeping my eye on it, but I think this area is not going to see what yall are.
Hopefully it the severity will settle a bit down there soon.

New..right now..possible tornado located in the Clayton area headed toward Carthage.(edit)

edit on 25-1-2012 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join