It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU financial dictatorship agreed to by EU ministers last night

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
And of course the treaty is not anywhere. Another case of ``we have to pass it so we can know what's in it``...

Guest Post: EU Finance Ministers Push Through ESM Treaty in Fishy Fly-by-Night Move

Europe's most important treaty on the European Stability Mechanism (ESM), which will lead the EU into a financial dictatorship, has been pushed through by EU finance ministers late Monday evening.

But the latest version of the ESM cannot be found on English and German EU websites.

Media reports from last midnight only said that the ESM treaty was agreed on by EU finance ministers and mentioned January 30 as the date when the treaty will be officially signed.

Significant changes have been made, a few media reported.

But of course we can't know what they are.

The capital of the ESM will now be only €80 billion instead of the €700 billion proposed in the only available draft version from July 2011 (see treaty text below). The finance ministers also agreed to bring the ESM into existence one year earlier by July 2012, putting national governments under immense pressure to ratify the ESM treaty without sufficient public discussion.

Because public discussion might stop the bankers from robbing people.

German state TV ZDF reported shortly after Monday midnight that the fund shall have a financing volume of €500 billion, but this figure is a moving goal post. IMF head Christine Lagarde proposed a volume of €1 trillion whereas Italian prime minister Mario Monti and Austrian finance minister Maria 'Mizzi' Fekter said later that the ESM should be upped to €750 billion. Such important changes cannot be found in publicly released EU documents anywhere on the web.

If they call for 500-1000 billion euros, you bet it's gonna end up in the 5-6 trillion euros easy.

It all the more troubling that last night's agreement changes have not been communicated by the EU at all. It reminds one of the ACTA act that was signed in a non-public meeting of the Agriculture and Fishing Commission and is designed to destroy the freedom on the internet.

All a big coincidence, I'm sure...

Yay to more financial tyranny! Hail the bankers, our overlords!

No seriously, Europe needs a revolution, just like most of the world.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The EU needs to be dismantled NOW.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Where is the outrage of the freedom loving citizens of the EU, where are the protest and the riots, whoops I forgot, just like in America when the last tyranny bill was passed to suppress due process on American citizens, we are too busy doing whatever to even bother to protect what its guarantee in our constitution.

Sad day when we the people welcome corporate dictatorship and tyranny no wonder we are still analyzing how conquerors got away with becoming dictators and massacring people, Nazi Germany is still debated, while unfolding in front of our own eyes, but as long as is not a race of any particular people been killed everything is peachy, the only thing that is been killed this time is the economic freedom of any nation and citizen in this planet that is now under the rule of a type of banking Nazi mafia that is growing stronger by the minute, all without the consent of us the citizens.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I don't really care what the EU does, how it operates and if it has a future.

All I care about is that the people of the UK get their right for a referendum on continued membership of the EU, as promised by both major political parties when it suited and as is our right to self-determination on who governs us.

I don't think the ESM directly affects the UK as we are not in the Eurozone.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You are right, the UK is not in the EUzone but it does use the Euro, meaning all banking deals that the UK does involves the EU regardless, all financial decisions taken by the EU will affect the UK and will also affect the US but in different way, US has the power of the Fed and IMF to push more debt with loans into the UK and EUzone.

Remember that the power of the global banking system now taking hold in the EU have its roots in the UK and US.

So if the EUzone flunk so the UK and US behind.

Kind of complicated if you try to make sense of how things work in the global economy.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Same as in USA, not?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The UK does not use the Euro, we chose to maintain Sterling and as such all our banking is done using Sterling.

Of course there will be a knock on effect but nothing as damaging and as severe for those who use the Euro as a currency.

And the City Of London is the global centre for all financial and banking matters.

ETA.
I've never professed to have anything other than the most basic and rudimentary understanding of global finances, banking and economics etc.
I think it's deliberately mystified by those who control it just to baffle us poor plebs but in reality it'll be quite straight forward if studied with any application.
edit on 24/1/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Well I learn something new today, thanks for the post, I thought that the UK uses the Euro for the financial transactions when doing business with the members of the EU. But I see that the UK is like the US, better keep their own currency to avoid becoming slaves of those controlling economies or rather because the UK and US are actually part of the global elite controlling those economies with IMF.

I wonder. . .

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

But we are still a member of the EU which continues to dictate measures to the UK.

The vast majority of people in the UK want a referendum on continued membership of the EU.
Despite previously promising the electorate their right to self-determination both Labour and Conservative governments have reneged on this promise.
Cameron, the current traitorous Prime Minister, has arrogantly stated that he doesn't believe it's right thing to do so he will not grant us our right!

The British people voted to join a European trade organisation and every single Prime Minister since and our Monarch has conspired to illegally transfer sovereignty of this country to a foreign government without seeking permission from the British people.
Personally I would hang every single one of them for High Treason if I could!

The EU is possibly the most corrupt and wasteful entity that has ever existed and it's sole purpose seems to be the expansion of German control of Europe thanks to the usual collaboration of France.

It is decidedly anti-UK in almost every single aspect and has done nothing for the citizens of the UK except sictate policy and impose draconian rules and regulations.

I have nothing against the peoples of continental Europe at all, but I have very little in common with them and have no desire to forego my birthright and nationality and to enter into a single state Union with them.

Apologies for the rant.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Zero Hedge reported on this several weeks ago.

The goal is to have 3 trillion in the fund in the next 8 months. What it is......of course bankers.....Is a fund used as a giant piece of collateral by all of the members because their credit is shot. In theory if one member failed they could pay off and the rest keep going.

In practice its fractional banking via collateral. One member deposits and they generate 9 shares of loan backing.

Since the money came from easing then its not worth the paper its printed on.

Second if two members fail one loses and the rest lose their fractional collateral.

Seen better pies baked out at the cattle pen.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Zero Hedge reported on this several weeks ago.

The goal is to have 3 trillion in the fund in the next 8 months. What it is......of course bankers.....Is a fund used as a giant piece of collateral by all of the members because their credit is shot. In theory if one member failed they could pay off and the rest keep going.

In practice its fractional banking via collateral. One member deposits and they generate 9 shares of loan backing.

Since the money came from easing then its not worth the paper its printed on.

Second if two members fail one loses and the rest lose their fractional collateral.

Seen better pies baked out at the cattle pen.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Nice find, this is leading to a European dictatorship, that means the whole of EU will be governed by one entity and it will eventually become one nation. The nation will be dictatorship, the worst of its kind most likely, and the people are too ignorant to know about it. Well, at least hundreds of thousands of people have protesters over the year through out Europe, and every protest was met by brutal force.

EU's agenda from the start was the creation of a nation comprising of EU member states, it looks like the bankers are working hard to shove their tentacles and control this future nation when it is born.

This is the first step.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Vitchilo posting the good stuff again.

S+F and keep up the good work!

Originally posted by marg6043
Where is the outrage of the freedom loving citizens of the EU, where are the protest and the riots [...]

Wait for it...
While the average citizen is too busy making a living, people slowly awake to the madness.
Just go out on a weekend and listen to the talk in the taverns and on the streets. Don't give up on us just yet.
All we can do for the time being is spread the word and wake people up... but I guarantee you the second this abomination tips over you will see the outrage.

It is sad indeed that we need things to get bad to shake of the societal lethargy.

Originally posted by Freeborn

The vast majority of people in the UK want a referendum on continued membership of the EU.

Make that the majority of the people in the EU. We haven't seen a single pro-EU referendum happening yet.
The recent one in Croatia doesn't count obviously.

The EU is possibly the most corrupt and wasteful entity that has ever existed and it's sole purpose seems to be the expansion of German control of Europe thanks to the usual collaboration of France.

If you still think this is about the power of nations instead of a conspiring elite clique then you haven't understood the game yet.

It's THEM against US... not you against me.
edit on 25-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
"Remember that the power of the global banking system now taking hold in the EU have its roots in"

actually as a long time watcher,, the roots are France,,Germany,,Italy/Rome,,

or as some say a New Charlamaine has arisen,,, and his name is "E.U"

after all the currency is the official currancy of the vatican as well,, as the rest of the Above Countries,,
ahhh one world currency,,
whats next,,the dreaded,,mark??
(opps there is no german mark,,sorry humour there,,,,)

E.U. the 1000 year Riech again,, will Europe never learn????

take that Von Rumpkey! lol

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The dictatorship part is standard operating policy of the EU, the relationship is similar to how a national government has power over state governments. For an economy to work everyone needs to play by the same rules, it is also complex and sensitive stuff with mistakes costly.

Maintaining how much money is in the economy and who gets it is important for social stability and direction. Too many sudden changes can lead to power vacuums and disorganisation. The hidden hand approach to economic policy does raise many valid concerns but is within the charter of the EU.

If they call for 500-1000 billion euros, you bet it's gonna end up in the 5-6 trillion euros easy.

Depends how long it takes to clear the dead wood out with all the duplication of EU services. A lot of things are not adding up in the economy and while that remain there will continue to be leaks. The EU know what will happen if they push too hard, they also know what will happen if they do not push hard enough. There is going to be a lot of debate and disagreement along the way, but all standard stuff considering the culture of the environment.

I give the EU the
for making a start at containing the problem with the ESM. On the surface it does look like putting out the charity plate to buy some time. Once it gets deeper it could help in assessing where things are not adding up.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

You are saying that this economy model works?
Ponzi scheme actually works?
And people should not be asked about that, because it is so sensitive?
Come on, reading sentences from text books here?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
The dictatorship part is standard operating policy of the EU, the relationship is similar to how a national government has power over state governments.

Yeah it's similar to federal government except its unconstitutional and undemocratic or in other words criminal.
That's why we call it dictatorial.

Originally posted by kwakakev
For an economy to work everyone needs to play by the same rules, it is also complex and sensitive stuff with mistakes costly.

This is true and the main reason why the EZ-project was doomed from the start but that's no justification to # on Constitutions and the souvereignty of millions across Europe.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

You know that the debt in the EU is recycling making harder for the countries that are already bankrupted (aka in trouble) to get out of that debt.

You do understand that is not ease of that debt but the re re hypothecation of debt over and over while using the citizens hard work weath as collateral.

Re hypothecation is not a solution of debt but adding new debt to support the already growing debt.

This will only end on a collapse of the EU zone eventually not the end of the EU debt, you can no pay debt with more debt.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

reply to post by michael1983l

I don't really care what the EU does, how it operates and if it has a future.

Hey Neighbor,

You sound crouchy! 's the weather s##tty in UK right now?

edit on 25-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Its the UN I bet you. The UN wants to be the central authority over all nations on the planet - thus they are beginning this process by breaking the planet up into Unions which supersede the authority of sovereign nations. The EU was founded by stealth as a trade union - this next step is only further moving the EU into a superstate. What I see happening is the UN taking control of the EU government in the form of a party. The UN party then begins using NATO as the military arm of the EU to conquer and subvert all other dissident nations. Barack Obama, if he leaves office, will most likely return as the UN's President of the UNSC where he will begin to consolidate his power and become the next Hitler...

Welcome to the Fourth Reich.

<<   2  3 >>

join