It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

49ers WR Williams recieves death threats for fumble? COME ON PEOPLE GET A LIFE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

"I hope you, youre wife, kids and family die, you deserve it," read one of the ugly tweets from an enraged 49ers fan.

Ok so it appears that after coughing up a fumble in the loss to the Giants on Sunday Kyle Williams recieved some Very nasty tweets from a few idiotic no life having fans. I am not a Niners fan, far from it actually but these fans are a disgrace to football fans everywhere. So a guy blew a big play BIG DEAL life goes on. Was I pissed a few years back when Tony Romo 2 seasons in a row screwed up for Dallas in the playoffs? Yes but did I go and say nasty things about him on Twitter? NO! I just dont understand how some fans (most of which probably havent even made it to college level playing themselves) can get this outraged at something like that. So your team is out of the playoffs because of this guys mistake ok be upset but dont act like an @ss. Besides this guy makes more money than a year than you will in your pathetic lowlife any way. An even more so Williams has stepped up and admited his mistakes and takes responsibility for them. The sad part is these same fans will probably be the same ones up on his jock when he starts making big plays next season. So any thoughts from any other ATSers on the reactions of these fans?

Source

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I like the part where you bash the guy for making less than pro football player.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

[color=BEFFAB]Very nasty tweets.....

....Was I pissed a few years back when Tony Romo 2 seasons in a row screwed up for Dallas in the playoffs? Yes but did I go and say nasty things about him on Twitter? NO!
Same thing.

I just dont understand how some fans (most of which probably havent even made it to college level playing themselves) can get this outraged at something like that.
I just don't understand how you could think that something which is called a 'Tweet', is an actual legitimate death threat, which should be taken seriously.

So any thoughts from any other ATSers on the reactions of these fans?
Calm down. It'll be ok.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

maybe i could direct you here
it might be a little useful

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by goochball

couldnt help it sorry.

btw: your icon is perty creepy

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stopmakingsense

im not hating on a team or player.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

So any thoughts from any other ATSers on the reactions of these fans?
Calm down. It'll be ok.

ok ill take your advice

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Honestly, I just don't get it. I'm one of the few people in the world who just doesn't get sports. I don't watch sports of anykind, and don't enjoy watching them. I understand the rules of the games and everything, I just dont enjoy watching them. I also get frustrated in my not understanding why everybody gets so excited about sports. I honestly get so frustrated when people constantly talk about sports and who is winning and who the best player is. Another example of my frustration is the whole Penn State thing. Universities and Schools should be known for their academics and arts. While I believe sports are a good thing to foster exercise and team mentality, I don't believe they should be the governing reason why people deem a school good or not. Fans who take this overboard with death threats just furthers my frustration in not understanding why sports are so important to people.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by remyrange

You have good points here about the colleges being more focused on sports. Many use it only as a stepping stone into the pros and not for educational purpouses. Some people just arent into sports as most are.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I am happy that the 49's team has done so well this season and made it so far, it is quite an accomplishment to their team and coaching staff, and no I am not a 49's fan either, but a die hard Saints fan. But, and this does not speak for all of the 49's fans, but sheesh, I have never seen and experienced such blatant hate and poor sportsmanship in a fan base, it was seriously pathetic. I get how excited and pumped fans get from having a losing team year after year and then bam, everything goes right and they are fantastic, been there done that with my Saints. But if the mayor of SF has to publicly apologize for the behavior of it's citizens following its own ball game, it speaks volume to the severity of problems these fans generate. IT'S JUST A FREAKING BALL GAME!!! REAL LIFE AND HOW YOU TREAT OTHERS IS MORE IMPORTANT!!! Alright....thanks for giving me a chance to vent!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Chances are that the guy didn't really want him to die. However, fans have every right to criticize a player who blows an easy play.

He's supposed to be a professional. He's in the biggest game of his life, and he blows an easy play like that? All he needs to do is hang on to the ball. No one expects him to break off a huge run. Catch the ball, and go down. That's it.

Same with the Ravens' kicker. Make the chip shot you're paid to make. No excuses.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by remyrange

It's a hobby, interest or past time. It's entertainment, just like anything else that is entertainment. I don't get why people are into model trains but I don't get upset about it when someone talks about them, or wants to put on their conductor hat and play choo choo. I don't get how some people can be into hunting, but I don't get upset about it. See what I'm getting at? Different people have different interests.

Maybe stop getting upset about what other people are doing or talking about around you. Life's too short.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Maybe it would be better if I clarify. I don't get upset at the other people, unless I feel that they personally take it too far. I think a better way to describe my feelings is that I get frustrated because I don't understand why they like it so much, and I wish that I could understand personally, so that I too may enjoy it. I mean almost everybody enjoyes it, and almost everybody always talks about it. I general feel left out when sports conversations begin around the office or church.

But alas, I have never understood it, something about the way my brain must work, its just not possible for me to get into it, and believe me, I have tried. So I don't feel angry or hatred toward those who enjoy sports, which is just about everybody. I just feel frustrated, kinda like when somebody tells a joke and you dont understand it, and wish you could.

Now, I do feel angry when people joke about my not enjoying sports. I also feel angry when people take sports to what seems like an extreme. And I do honestly get angry at how sports seems to make or brake schools, instead of academics or arts.

But I don't feel angry at general people who enjoy sports or other hobbies that I don't get.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I am late... but I was at this game and to see this happen was the worst way of ripping the heart out of every 49er fan in the stadium. It was beyond just a simple mistake.. It was the culmination of the entire season down to 1 player and two horrible moments. The whole entire hard fought season down the drain in two plays. We didn't know how to feel.... angry? sad? disbelief? all of it an more. It was hard to accept. The lucky Giants came in and got the game handed to them more or less by one player. I don't think he should die but I really think he should have never been returning kicks.... NEVER.... he pulled rookie mistakes that F U C K E D us....

new topics

top topics

join